*~*~* Official Class of 2024 Thread *~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks Elmo. You're the man.
Gotta stay cool when you’re a muppet eternally engulfed in flames.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
6 secondaries today and counting Looks like I'll be spending the rest of the night at my local Starbucks.

um??? Why didn't anyone mention that secondaries start flooding as soon as apps get verified??? I only have 2 weeks to submit all these secondaries and all of them literally are coming in today!!!
If your a few days over two weeks you'll be fine. Don't stress it. Pace yourself. Take breaks to watch some Netflix. The cycle is just getting started.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If your a few days over two weeks you'll be fine. Don't stress it. Pace yourself. Take breaks to watch some Netflix. The cycle is just getting started.
Thanks bud. I'll do my best to pace myself.

So I'm sorta confused with how AMCAS lists semester hours versus OT hours. In the total hours section of AMCAS does this add up the Sem hours section or the OT hours?

Unfortunately all my pass fail courses don't have any hours listed in the Sem hours in AMCAS. I assure you, these courses definitely had hours. My institution forced us to take some courses as P/F even though they took up like 6 hours of study each week and they required at least 80% to pass.

Edit: I'm asking because some of my secondaries are saying I have not yet filled the hour requirement for matriculation. My transcript lists me as 155/120 hours due to AP credits. AMCAS only lists me at 85 hours and I'm not sure if they're ignoring my AP hours or if they're ignoring my pass/fail hours or both.

Lol watching this thread is cute.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
So I'm sorta confused with how AMCAS lists semester hours versus OT hours. In the total hours section of AMCAS does this add up the Sem hours section or the OT hours?

Unfortunately all my pass fail courses don't have any hours listed in the Sem hours in AMCAS. I assure you, these courses definitely had hours. My institution forced us to take some courses as P/F even though they took up like 6 hours of study each week and they required at least 80% to pass.

Edit: I'm asking because some of my secondaries are saying I have not yet filled the hour requirement for matriculation. My transcript lists me as 155/120 hours due to AP credits. AMCAS only lists me at 85 hours and I'm not sure if they're ignoring my AP hours or if they're ignoring my pass/fail hours or both.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

If you’re using AP credit to fulfill pre reqs then hopefully you’ve already checked MSAR for each school on your list to ensure they allow that. P/F obviously can’t be used for pre reqs they need to be taken for a grade.

Beyond that, this won’t become an issue until post-acceptance, if at all, and at that pt you can have the clarifying discussion with the school about it.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

If you’re using AP credit to fulfill pre reqs then hopefully you’ve already checked MSAR for each school on your list to ensure they allow that. P/F obviously can’t be used for pre reqs they need to be taken for a grade.

Beyond that, this won’t become an issue until post-acceptance, if at all, and at that pt you can have the clarifying discussion with the school about it.
Yup! Already looked into it. The only pre-req that I used for AP was calc and all the schools I applied to either dont care about calc or they'll accept AP. Most of my other AP courses were humanities based so I think it's fine.

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
How are schools finding our emails? Somehow schools not on my school list are sending me emails.

I followed a med student for the first time on Instagram today! So glad I can finally pay attention to medicine instead of constantly focusing on my grades and the MCAT.

I followed a med student for the first time on Instagram today! So glad I can finally pay attention to medicine instead of constantly focusing on my grades and the MCAT.
Now you just need to focus on performing at your peak level for the next 4 to 9 months during secondaries, interviews, and second look, while balancing all of that with school, work, and stress relief! The joy lol

Reactions: 2 users
Now you just need to focus on performing at your peak level for the next 4 to 9 months during secondaries, interviews, and second look, while balancing all of that with school, work, and stress relief! The joy lol
Graduating a semester early so I'll have a bit of a break :). I'm also taking a lighter load next semester because I'm near graduation. Should've technically graduated a year early but I pushed things back a semester to focus on the MCAT.

I seriously could breathe for the first time after I finished the MCAT. I haven't been able to breathe for so long. Even though secondaries are stressful I feel a lot calmer than usual because I did all that I could and I worked my hardest.

Reactions: 1 users
For those of you in gap years/semesters what will you be doing?

I'm interested in doing nonprofit work but unfortunately all of them require full time day hours and I only have a gap semester.

Any good work/ non profit work that does evening hours?

wow. just can't believe how fast time flies sometimes...
good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 12 users
Mannnn it can't come soon enough. The wait is killing me, and the worst part is we all assume that schools will all send us answers on Oct 15 when in reality it can be much longer than that rip

Reactions: 12 users
Mannnn it can't come soon enough. The wait is killing me, and the worst part is we all assume that schools will all send us answers on Oct 15 when in reality it can be much longer than that rip

Yep, literally just came from Albany and they said mid-november.

Yep, literally just came from Albany and they said mid-november.

Oof, hopefully your other interviews will be sooner than that? So it atleast puts your mind at ease

AHHH I know....can't imagine how relieving it will be to be done in two weeks....

Hoping that UVA, Wake, or Gtown Oct 15th week decision will come through!!

Some of the few schools that said I should expect a decision that week

Reactions: 7 users
Will know at least UMich by the 20th...One of my state schools is pretty keen on their military admits so I should hear from them round the 15th if so....hoping for that UChicago full ride, judging 50/50......Lots is going on....nerve wracking, but best to just ignore it until it happens.

Case and UVA pull through!

Reactions: 6 users
Fingers crossed for all of you early interviewees!

man! I got Geisel on the 17th! Hopefully they will let me know right after!! I love Dartmouth though.

And we got MSU now jumping the gun and telling people early too. That being said, fingers crossed for some early news so I can for the first time in a half decade feel like my life is on track

Not applying yet, but coincidentally, my MCAT score comes back on the 15th and I was averaging 521.6. Pleaaase let this be a lucky day!!

man! I got Geisel on the 17th! Hopefully they will let me know right after!! I love Dartmouth though.
Honestly Dartmouth was amazing. But I absolutely LOVED the small town vibe so I was biased from the get-go

Honestly Dartmouth was amazing. But I absolutely LOVED the small town vibe so I was biased from the get-go
How'd you like Georgetown?

I think any interview I get I'm just going to use you as an advice repository.

Not applying yet, but coincidentally, my MCAT score comes back on the 15th and I was averaging 521.6. Pleaaase let this be a lucky day!!
You deserve prayers, too. *pat pat*

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Maybe I should just do a Raptor's review at the end of all this
I am planning on doing a “So you wanna go to a T20, huh?” Thread but literally just having the content be “they are all the same. Financial aid and Geography.”

I am planning on doing a “So you wanna go to a T20, huh?” Thread but literally just having the content be “they are all the same. Financial aid and Geography.”
Eh, I disagree. There were distinct feels for some of them imo. And there are definitely some with clear differences (see: curriculum at Vandy/Duke/Yale vs some of the others)