**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

Started by dunkind
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What dates were they offering? I haven't seen any Jan or Feb interviews on Predents...

Thanks🙂

I got an invite last Friday to UCD, they had one Saturday in each of Feb/Mar/Apr. The Feb date was gone in a few hours, I got it on that. Some friends of mine got invites later that day and only had Mar/Apr to choose from.

Also, got my first acceptance to UNLV today. Just ecstatic!
 
I got an invite last Friday to UCD, they had one Saturday in each of Feb/Mar/Apr. The Feb date was gone in a few hours, I got it on that. Some friends of mine got invites later that day and only had Mar/Apr to choose from.

Also, got my first acceptance to UNLV today. Just ecstatic!

Congrats!! What is your first choice?
 
Congrats! Where are you leaning towards now?

Ugh. I have my deposit down at Penn, but Temple was amazing and I have several friends there already....

If i could obtain residency in PA (as I have filed my last 3 income tax returns in PA), then Temple would be a no brainer. But I technically live in Maryland at the moment (moved back June 2010), so i'm not sure what to do.

I need to contact Temple Financial Aid to find out.
 
I got an invite last Friday to UCD, they had one Saturday in each of Feb/Mar/Apr. The Feb date was gone in a few hours, I got it on that. Some friends of mine got invites later that day and only had Mar/Apr to choose from.

Also, got my first acceptance to UNLV today. Just ecstatic!

How is UNLV notifying 2nd rounders? Email/phone/snail mail?
 
Congrats!! What is your first choice?

Thanks! Not sure. Probably UNLV. CU would be cheaper but my wife and I are excited about a change in scenery. Parents are in Vegas too so I may be able to get residency in either state. At this point I don't even have a choice so it's all UNLV. I was scheduled to fly to Chicago today for MWU interview tomorrow, thank goodness I was able to cancel that, super cold there today.
 
Ugh. I have my deposit down at Penn, but Temple was amazing and I have several friends there already....

If i could obtain residency in PA (as I have filed my last 3 income tax returns in PA), then Temple would be a no brainer. But I technically live in Maryland at the moment (moved back June 2010), so i'm not sure what to do.

I need to contact Temple Financial Aid to find out.


Oh, interesting situation, hope it all works out for you. Are you still waiting to hear form Maryland/is that your first choice? Or is Temple?
 
Just got a BU interview today too. My status has been under review since 9/29 :| Stoked, nevertheless!

What are your stats? That's the same day that mine shows under review, too. Just seeing if I could be expecting a phone call any time soon as well from them. That'd be sweet!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rejection from U of KY today :-o

Bipster were you on waitlist at UK or just hadn't heard until now? It is my top choice and Im waiting to hear waitlist news. How did they notify you?

This waiting is killing me...still holding out hope to get into one of the four I've interviewed with.
 
just curious about boston...they only give you one interview date so does that mean if you cannot make it then there is no other option?
 
Thanks! Not sure. Probably UNLV. CU would be cheaper but my wife and I are excited about a change in scenery. Parents are in Vegas too so I may be able to get residency in either state. At this point I don't even have a choice so it's all UNLV. I was scheduled to fly to Chicago today for MWU interview tomorrow, thank goodness I was able to cancel that, super cold there today.

You can for sure get residency. In the worst case scenario, it would be after your first year, but since your parents are there, you might be able to get it all four years. So are you going to your CU interview?
 
Oh, interesting situation, hope it all works out for you. Are you still waiting to hear form Maryland/is that your first choice? Or is Temple?

Well, considering that Maryland won't give me the time of day for some reason, it's out of the picture, until otherwise.

I just want to get a great clinical education. I don't think I'm intersted in specializing, so its a tough choice. I gotta do some soul searching!😀
 
You can for sure get residency. In the worst case scenario, it would be after your first year, but since your parents are there, you might be able to get it all four years. So are you going to your CU interview?

Absolutely, I live 10 minutes away so there's no reason not to. Yeah I'm working on possible residency for first year, we'll see.
 
anyone who has experienced this or know of someone who has at any school:

i interviewed at ucsf and status changed from 'invited to interview' to 'application complete/under review' 6 days after i interviewed. does anyone know of this occurring yet still get getting in, waitlisted, or is this an indication of a rejection coming my way soon?

:xf:
 
just curious about boston...they only give you one interview date so does that mean if you cannot make it then there is no other option?

They'll try to change the date/accommodate you if you cannot make it to the scheduled date.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite at Colorado!!! 🙂 I was at work all day and didn't get to check my messages til now. Hopefully the early date is still available.

Still, I'm excited.
 
interview invite from penn! wish this happened earlier but my app was a little late i guess...i'm in state and ive already been accepted to temple and paid deposit...taking the weekend to decide if i should interview!!???would you? both schools are a train ride away from home but obviously penn is pricey...and im more liekly to get money from temple. money is an issue but should i let that be the reason i dont go????? help please?
 
Rejected from MWU-AZ. probably due to my DAT scores (18/18/21) but it would have been nice for them to at least SEE my academic update (my GPA went up about 0.6). I've got my heart set on Louisville anyhow, the AZ weather sounds nice right about now though 🙂 good luck to everyone!
 
interview invite from penn! wish this happened earlier but my app was a little late i guess...i'm in state and ive already been accepted to temple and paid deposit...taking the weekend to decide if i should interview!!???would you? both schools are a train ride away from home but obviously penn is pricey...and im more liekly to get money from temple. money is an issue but should i let that be the reason i dont go????? help please?

If youre an instate resident, then the price difference is 30K a year between Temple and Penn, which is a serious amount of cash. I liked Penn when I was there, but unfortunately I dont have the option of a state school. And from what I've read and been told, Temple's clinical education is superb and the facilities will also rival Penn
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
why u expected it?thanks for reply

Didn't see myself fitting into their student body. Interviewer and I didn't click at all. Midwestern is more relaxed as a student body- which isn't bad, but expressing gunner characteristics obviously got a "oh no" look from the interviewer. So it was expected 😛
 
Didn't see myself fitting into their student body. Interviewer and I didn't click at all. Midwestern is more relaxed as a student body- which isn't bad, but expressing gunner characteristics obviously got a "oh no" look from the interviewer. So it was expected 😛

Rainee, did you get some tough questions too? I did during my interview, one that made me stop for a minute and think. I didn't think I did too well during the interview. Then, I thought about how I should've answered the question AFTER I was done with the interview. Dang.......
 
NOVA DENIAL via aadsas. I didn't have an interview with them, but i did send in my secondary back in september. Nova is usually pretty quick to deny people but i don't know why it took them so long....?