You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**
Started by dunkind
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Pittsburgh interview too! Penny, what date are you going?
Still debating whether or not I should attend this interview. Mind if I ask to which schools you have submitted your deposits?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got interviews to both Midwestern AZ and U pitt yesterday and this morning. I don't know if I want to go to either yet... can anyone give me pros and cons for both of these schools? I am about to put my deposit down for ASDOH. Thoughts???
Unfortunately, I applied late and just starting receiving interview invites. I have about 6 interviews so far between January and February, so we'll see how many of those turn into acceptances!
I got interviews to both Midwestern AZ and U pitt yesterday and this morning. I don't know if I want to go to either yet... can anyone give me pros and cons for both of these schools? I am about to put my deposit down for ASDOH. Thoughts???
I went to U pitt interview last year, ASDOH interview this year. personally I LOVED pitt. I got waitlisted and didn't make it at the end, but I love how the school is close to everything (near downtown), the whole area seemed like a college town as CMU is right next to the pitt, you are required to wear scrubs all times which I personally love. They have great sim labs, great faculty members. Decent research fundings if you're interested, they're proud about their anesthesiology program. I personally would choose U pitt over ASDOH, but if you're into community-service as well as public health, ASDOH is also a fine program. housing in pittsburgh is pretty cheap also. some students bought houses just like students at ASDOH did. Pitt has an older program which I feel more comfortable with. If it's too much travel for you and you have to pick one, I'd definitely pick U pitt over midwestern.
Last edited:
Interview invite to ASDOH as well. Will be declining.
Just scheduled Pittsburg interview for 2/14!
Just got in Western today! freaking out!!!
Tony the Tigre and healthcaree
Got an invite yesterday to UWSOD . Any tips for me.You said be well prepared? I looked through tips on this forum, any extra tips?
congrats 🙂 I haven't had my interview yet, it'll be on Jan. 10th. Did you take the 24th spot? People say that UW interview is very traditional and formal.. so basically be prepared to answer any questions regarding your extra-curricular activities on your AADSAS app. plus generic questions such as why dentistry, why UW.. etc.
Last edited:
Just got an interview to USC!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SIU interview invite couple days ago anyone else?
congrats 🙂 I haven't had my interview yet, it'll be on Jan. 10th. Did you take the 24th spot? People say that UW interview is very traditional and formal.. so basically be prepared to answer any questions regarding your extra-curricular activities on your AADSAS app. plus generic questions such as why dentistry, why UW.. etc.
Got the letter on Friday, calling on Monday to fix a date, looks like it will be 24th
I got interviews to both Midwestern AZ and U pitt yesterday and this morning. I don't know if I want to go to either yet... can anyone give me pros and cons for both of these schools? I am about to put my deposit down for ASDOH. Thoughts???
When did you apply? I still haven't heard back from MW Arizona
Unfortunately, I applied late and just starting receiving interview invites. I have about 6 interviews so far between January and February, so we'll see how many of those turn into acceptances!
how late if you don't mind me asking?
I submitted my app on November 1, and it was mailed out on Nov 24 I believe. I'll create a pre-dents. profile sometime in the near future.
Just got invited to VCU for an interview
Punchdrunk..how were u notified?
just called midwestern az today- rejected
Yea, same here..
Accepted at Michigan today (called me), rejected from Midwestern yesterday (called them). UNLV said their committee is meeting to make decisions next Tuesday if anyones curious.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted at Michigan today (called me), rejected from Midwestern yesterday (called them). UNLV said there committee is meeting up to make decisions next Tuesday if anyones curious.
great info, thanks
Got my first acceptance to CWR! 
Also this month I've gotten interview invites to UCSF, Pitt, and Tufts. And a rejection from Penn 🙁

Also this month I've gotten interview invites to UCSF, Pitt, and Tufts. And a rejection from Penn 🙁
3
321931
Tufts and USN interview invites this past friday🙂
Accepted at Michigan today (called me), rejected from Midwestern yesterday (called them). UNLV said their committee is meeting to make decisions next Tuesday if anyones curious.
That is great news. Does it mean we can call them on Wed and know if we are in or not ?
I have a NYU interview later this month and would love to save some money and do not make the trip.
Tufts and USN interview invites this past friday🙂
Congrats Rainee
I am dying to get something from Tuft or Boston.
Congrats Rainee
I am dying to get something from Tuft or Boston.
same. here are the dates available for the curious:
January 31, 2011
February 1, 2011
February 3, 2011
February 4, 2011
February 10, 2011
February 11, 2011
got rejected from midwestern... called them..... rejected from western in december.... usc interview invite last friday (february 10th)
If you don't mind can you list your application/interview dates and stats?
congrats 🙂 I haven't had my interview yet, it'll be on Jan. 10th. Did you take the 24th spot? People say that UW interview is very traditional and formal.. so basically be prepared to answer any questions regarding your extra-curricular activities on your AADSAS app. plus generic questions such as why dentistry, why UW.. etc.
Hi, how did your interview go?Aced it?I hope so. Wish you all the best.
That is great news. Does it mean we can call them on Wed and know if we are in or not ?
I have a NYU interview later this month and would love to save some money and do not make the trip.
I can confirm that the adcom is meeting tomorrow. I was also told at my interview last Friday to call the office on Monday the 24th to find out the results of the meeting.
I can confirm that the adcom is meeting tomorrow. I was also told at my interview last Friday to call the office on Monday the 24th to find out the results of the meeting.
I just called them. The decisions for the 2nd round has been made. I did not get an offer 🙁 but so be it. I thought I had a great interview but obviously there are more qualified applicants in the pool.
I just received an interview invite yesterday to Colorado, but I will be declining their offer.
instate?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
instate?
No, I'm OOS. I was actually surprised that I even heard anything from them because I got an email from them in July saying that my application was complete. Since I hadn't heard anything, I assumed I had been denied. I would definitely be excited to go, but I've already been accepted to other places that I love.
I just received an interview invite yesterday to Colorado, but I will be declining their offer.
What dates were they offering? I haven't seen any Jan or Feb interviews on Predents...
Thanks🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 79K
