**Official interview invite/ rejection/ acceptance thread: 2010-2011 cycle**

Started by dunkind
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I received a rejection back in July from a school for not qualifying (GPA).

After my Academic Update, I got an email today inviting me to continue with their Secondary Application.

Anyone have any opinions on this?
 
I received a rejection back in July from a school for not qualifying (GPA).

After my Academic Update, I got an email today inviting me to continue with their Secondary Application.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

They rejected you already. Seems like all they want is your dinero for the secondary.
 
I received a rejection back in July from a school for not qualifying (GPA).

After my Academic Update, I got an email today inviting me to continue with their Secondary Application.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

that's awesome.. too bad academic update hasn't been updated yet🙄
 
I received a rejection back in July from a school for not qualifying (GPA).

After my Academic Update, I got an email today inviting me to continue with their Secondary Application.

Anyone have any opinions on this?

Forgive me for being dense if I missed this in the thread, but which school was this?
 
@prsndwg: Im not sure what your trying to imply, but my AADSAS Academic Update was processed/posted last week, and when I called the school in question, they said they had reconsidered my application because of the Update.

@dental wahoo: For the sake of avoiding controversy, I have not mentioned the school specifically.

Either way, I am just a bit dumbfound that I am being reconsidered for this cycle even though I had already been sent a rejection letter. I guess no one else has been in this situation before, which I don't find surprising considering its such a peculiar case.

@DonutEater: The application fee $$ won't be a factor because I called and requested a fee waiver. (I have to send them appropriate documentation of course to get this, which I will)


In the end though, Im pretty excited and thankful for being reconsidered. Im not complaining, but was simply wondering if anyone else was dealing with something similar.
 
@prsndwg: Im not sure what your trying to imply, but my AADSAS Academic Update was processed/posted last week, and when I called the school in question, they said they had reconsidered my application because of the Update.

@dental wahoo: For the sake of avoiding controversy, I have not mentioned the school specifically.

Either way, I am just a bit dumbfound that I am being reconsidered for this cycle even though I had already been sent a rejection letter. I guess no one else has been in this situation before, which I don't find surprising considering its such a peculiar case.

@DonutEater: The application fee $$ won't be a factor because I called and requested a fee waiver. (I have to send them appropriate documentation of course to get this, which I will)


In the end though, Im pretty excited and thankful for being reconsidered. Im not complaining, but was simply wondering if anyone else was dealing with something similar.

have you gotten any offers already?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dr. Etzel (University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine) called me around noon today in regards to an acceptance. I'm super excited!

Congratulations to anyone else that heard good news today and best of luck to those that are still waiting.
 
Dr. Etzel (University of Pittsburgh School of Dental Medicine) called me around noon today in regards to an acceptance. I'm super excited!

Congratulations to anyone else that heard good news today and best of luck to those that are still waiting.


Same, got the call today! 👍
 
cGPA: 3.33, sGPA: 3.22 (including +/- on AADSAS)
DAT: 20AA/21TS/22PAT (22bio/20gc/19oc/21rc/20qr)

e.c:
I have 500+ hours of dental assisting,
and another 500+ hours of volunteering,
3000+ hours of research (two publications so far)

My app was completed 8/20/2010 on AADSAS, hope this helps!

edit: i'm also a re-applicant! re-took my DAT -- reason for submitting late.
Thanks! good luck on the interview.. If you can share with us how it goes, that would be great
 
Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask how were you notified and when is your interview?

Thanks in advance, and good luck on your interview!


email. they said only two dates left feb 11th and 18th. the class is still not full.
 
Got rejected from UCSF today.... 🙁

The world suddenly feels like its collapsing around me.

Bitterness aside, Im just going to have to apply again this summer. Third time's a charm.
 
Got rejected from UCSF today.... 🙁

The world suddenly feels like its collapsing around me.

Bitterness aside, Im just going to have to apply again this summer. Third time's a charm.

Oh ****.. you have got to be kidding me. I am sorry
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ooh i got a rejection letter in the mail when i checked on monday from ASDOH. so i got rejected from all the three out of state schools i applied to. 🙄
 
got an interview for usc. I'm not complaining, but I was certain that I was going to be rejected from everything this year...

I've been working on my masters (4.0), volunteering (800hrs in clubs, tutoring, dental volunteering), and gathering new letters for the next app cycle. lol. If I get this, I would have wasted $5,000 on school and gas, not including living expenses and the fact that I quit my lab job to do a master's while researching for free. I sound like i'm complaining, but honestly, I'm so happy...I wanna cry. :scared::wtf:
 
😀Yaaay! Congrats congrats! I hope you get in and the 5k will be well worth it🙂

Good Luck:luck::xf:


got an interview for usc. I'm not complaining, but I was certain that I was going to be rejected from everything this year...

I've been working on my masters (4.0), volunteering (800hrs in clubs, tutoring, dental volunteering), and gathering new letters for the next app cycle. lol. If I get this, I would have wasted $5,000 on school and gas, not including living expenses and the fact that I quit my lab job to do a master's while researching for free. I sound like i'm complaining, but honestly, I'm so happy...I wanna cry. :scared::wtf:
 
Got U of Pitt interview invite this morning. I most likely will not go.. cannot make it on their date (last interview date), February 28th. I interviewed there last year too and got waitlisted.. 🙁 I really liked the school though.
 
got an interview for usc. I'm not complaining, but I was certain that I was going to be rejected from everything this year...

I've been working on my masters (4.0), volunteering (800hrs in clubs, tutoring, dental volunteering), and gathering new letters for the next app cycle. lol. If I get this, I would have wasted $5,000 on school and gas, not including living expenses and the fact that I quit my lab job to do a master's while researching for free. I sound like i'm complaining, but honestly, I'm so happy...I wanna cry. :scared::wtf:

Congrats! I received an invite yesterday but called to tell them that I will be withdrawing my application! Hope that is good news too lol.

On another note, I was accepted to Oklahoma this morning! I thought that I was a waitlisted goner!😀
 
Got accepted to Oklahoma today via email and aadsas. Interesting because initially they had rejected me on Dec. 1. Apparently they changed their mind.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@prsndwg: Im not sure what your trying to imply, but my AADSAS Academic Update was processed/posted last week, and when I called the school in question, they said they had reconsidered my application because of the Update.

@dental wahoo: For the sake of avoiding controversy, I have not mentioned the school specifically.

Either way, I am just a bit dumbfound that I am being reconsidered for this cycle even though I had already been sent a rejection letter. I guess no one else has been in this situation before, which I don't find surprising considering its such a peculiar case.

@DonutEater: The application fee $$ won't be a factor because I called and requested a fee waiver. (I have to send them appropriate documentation of course to get this, which I will)


In the end though, Im pretty excited and thankful for being reconsidered. Im not complaining, but was simply wondering if anyone else was dealing with something similar.
Actually I had the same thing happen to me and it was right before the deadline and I quickly did the secondary application. I was originally rejected but reconsidered after my academic update (had a 3.87) last semester, assuming that helped.