Official NBDE Part 1 Study Q & A Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tinman831

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post all study questions/answers for the NBDE Part 1 in this thread. Good luck!

As a side note, this is not the place for sales ads. Discussion of remembered questions appearing on the exam is also not permitted.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
how does proportionate increase in resistance of afferent and efferent arteriole of kidney ,decreases renal blood flow and NO CHANGE in GFR?

Members don't see this ad :)
which incisor with largest facial convexity?

what type of epithelium found in duct of salivary gland?

@ DancingKoala

During swallowing, muscular contraction results in movements that seal off the oropharynx from the nasopharynx. Which of the following muscles cause movements that result in a fold in the posterior wall of the pharynx?
a. levator veli palatini
b. tnsor veli palatini
c. palatopharygeus

The correct answer is C. palatopharyngeus.
I don't understand why A and B can't be the correct answers.

another old board question said
- Tensor veli palatini and levator veli palatini are two muscles that prevent food from entering the nasopharynx during swallowing.
which sounds like A and B should also be correct.

In both questions the answers are right, levator veli palatini, tensor veli palatini and palatopharyngeus prevent food from entering the nasopharynx during swallowing, but is actually the Palatopharyngeus the one that folds the posterior wall of the pharynx and helps to seal the space between the first two. I extracted this part of an article from wiki so you can understand better

Action
The palatine velum is slightly raised by the levator veli palatini and made tense by the tensor veli palatini; the palatopharyngeus muscles, by their contraction, pull the pharynx upward over the bolus of food and nearly come together, the uvula filling up the slight interval between them.
By these means the bolus is prevented from passing into the nasopharynx; at the same time, the palatopharyngeus muscles form an inclined plane, directed obliquely downward and backward, along the under surface of which the bolus descends into the lower part of the pharynx.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palatopharyngeus_muscle

Each of the follwoing muscles receives motor innervation from the ansacervicalis except one. which one is the exception?
A. omohyoid
B. thyrohyoid
C. geniohyoid
D. sternohyoid
E. sternothyroid.

The correct answer is C. But I think B is also the correct answer.
You’re right!!! Thyrohyoid and geniohyoid are both innervated by by branches of C1 conveyed through the hypoglossal nerve. (From Kaplan lecture notes)

Which of the following nerves is not located in the wall fo the cavernous sinus?
1. abducens
2. maxillary
3. trochlear
4. ophthalmic
5. oculomotor
the correct answer is 1. But I think the correct answer should be 2. Maxillary.

I think the question is incomplete because it doesn’t specify in which wall, but the only thing among the choices posted above that is in the medial wall of the cavernous sinus is the abducens nerve, all the other nerves are located in the lateral wall, so for me the abducens is the answer that pops out.

“On the medial wall of each cavernous sinus is the internal carotid artery, accompanied by filaments of the carotid plexus; near the artery is the abducent nerve; on the lateral wall are the oculomotor and trochlear nerves, and the ophthalmic and maxillary divisions of the trigeminal nerve.” (Grays Anatomy)
http://education.yahoo.com/reference/gray/subjects/subject/171

All of these are from the old boards. Can the boards be wrong?

There are wrong answers dear (But not that many), so if you don’t understand something or you feel like an answer just doesn’t fit try to read from another sources, don’t follow anything blindly; however DO NOT forget to read the questions very carefully, cause the tiny details make a huge difference. (ie. Qs 1 and 3) ;)

I hope this helps :)

Each of the following is expected to be active during fatty acid biosynthesis except?
A. TCA cycle
B. pyruvate dehydrogenase
C. AA catabolism
D. beta oxidation
E. glycolysis.

The answer is D. Could you explain to me why each of them are correct/incorrect?

The following are the requirement for fatty acid synthesis,
Co, Acety Coa, Nadph and Atp...
From Tca cycle we get Co2, from pdh cycle nadph, from glycolysis and amino acid catabolism we get acetyl coa..therefore all of these cycles should be active for the biosynthesis of fatty acids...beta oxidation is inhibited because of malony coa which is an intermediate in the synthesis of fatty acids to prevent there beta oxidation..i hope that clears the doubt..
gudluck..

Each of the following combinations lists the name of the hormone, its chemical type, and its major tissue of origin Except one. which one is this exception?

A. ACTSH, steroid, adrenal cortex
E. somatostatin, peptide, hypothalamus
(i skipped B,C,D because they are correct)

The correct answer is A because ACTH is from anterior pituitary gland not from adrenal cortex.
But I was wondering if E can also be the correct answer.
Somatostatin is a growth hormone and it's released from posterior pituitary gland.

I thought that the only hormones made from hypothalamus are the ones that are stored and released in anterior pituitary gland. I thought the hormones in posterior pituitary gland are produced in posterior pituitary gland but only the signal to secrete them are from hypothalamus. Am I wrong?

Each of the following combinations lists the name of the hormone, its chemical type, and its major tissue of origin Except one. which one is this exception?

A. ACTSH, steroid, adrenal cortex
E. somatostatin, peptide, hypothalamus
(i skipped B,C,D because they are correct)

The correct answer is A because ACTH is from anterior pituitary gland not from adrenal cortex.
But I was wondering if E can also be the correct answer.
Somatostatin is a growth hormone and it's released from posterior pituitary gland.

I thought that the only hormones made from hypothalamus are the ones that are stored and released in anterior pituitary gland. I thought the hormones in posterior pituitary gland are produced in posterior pituitary gland but only the signal to secrete them are from hypothalamus. Am I wrong?

yes, you are wrong.
hypothalamus 1)produce hormons that are stored in neurohypophisis and 2) hormon-releasing(or inhibiting) factors that help to release hormons produced in adenohypophisis
somatostatin is not GH but its antagonist that is released by delta pancreatic cells and hypothalamus.
answer A is correct

yes, you are wrong.
hypothalamus 1)produce hormons that are stored in neurohypophisis and 2) hormon-releasing(or inhibiting) factors that help to release hormons produced in adenohypophisis
somatostatin is not GH but its antagonist that is released by delta pancreatic cells and hypothalamus.
answer A is correct
ohhhh~~~~ I was confused between somatotropin and somatostatin :laugh:
Thank you :love:

hi guys i tudy o many time dental decks and asda qustion but i couldnt pass part 1 plz let me know witch matrial i should study to pass exam ... good louk

This may sound dumb, but could someone explain to me what ''metabolism'' means?

I thought metabolism is "making" and catabolism is "breaking"

So for example, I thought fat metabolism means fatty acid synthesis whereas
fatty acid catabolism is beta oxidation. Am I wrong?

When I googled it, one source says beta oxidation is involved in fat metabolism which is same as saying fatty acid catabolism is involved in fat metabolism. no?

I went through some of the old questions and I read
"the final step of the complete metabolism of fat is carried out by means of the TCA cycle" = this means I need acetyl CoA = end product of beta oxidation.
"How do inadequate insulin levels, such as those which occur in diabetes mellitus, affect fat metabolism? answer = utilization of fat for energy is increased" = sounds like we are breaking fat to use it as an energy source which also applies to beta oxidation.

So for example, I thought fat metabolism means fatty acid synthesis whereas
fatty acid catabolism is beta oxidation. Am I wrong?

When I googled it, one source says beta oxidation is involved in fat metabolism which is same as saying fatty acid catabolism is involved in fat metabolism. no?

I went through some of the old questions and I read
"the final step of the complete metabolism of fat is carried out by means of the TCA cycle" = this means I need acetyl CoA = end product of beta oxidation.
"How do inadequate insulin levels, such as those which occur in diabetes mellitus, affect fat metabolism? answer = utilization of fat for energy is increased" = sounds like we are breaking fat to use it as an energy source which also applies to beta oxidation.

Metabolism means Catabolism + Anabolism.

Catabolism means breaking down and this process releases energy. Eg. Say potato is made up of tiny molecules held together and when this breaks down in our body, it releases energy.

Anabolism means , binding together.. example..making of potato and this would need energy.

TCA cycle is used only for energy production, all other pathways which release acetyl coa is used by TCA cycle to make energy.. cuz it gives of nadph and fadh2, which is used in ETC.

Insulin would result in storage of fat, because it would want to reduce glucose level.

glucagon would result in breaking of fatty acids, to increase blood glucose levels.

every CATABOLISM is METABOLISM, but not every metabolism is catabolism.

Metabolism is all body's chemical reaction - not only anabolism and catabolism.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys, i need your help.

i just got my passport and it doesnt have a signature only a finger print, how can i take the exam since they need 2 photo IDs with signature, any suggestions plz?

Which phase of cell replication is most variable? M, G1, S or G2

What causes the formation of the grooves on the teeth?union of ridges i think!

1)which of the following would likely form a micelle when mixed with water...?
a)serine
b)Glycerol
c)Phospholipid
d)triglyceride
Answer is Phospholipid but glycerol is also a polar molecule due to three hydroxyl group and thus hydrophilic why isn't it an answer ....?:confused:
2)after prolonged acidosis which of the following represents the nitrogenous product of urine....?
a)urea
b)Ammonia
c)uric acid
d)creatinine
e)aspartic acid
Answer is ammonia ....? don't know how shouldn't it be urea....
please Help........!

Last edited:
1)which of the following would likely form a micelle when mixed with water...?
a)serine
b)Glycerol
c)Phospholipid:thumbup:
d)triglyceride
Answer is Phospholipid but glycerol is also a polar molecule due to three hydroxyl group and thus hydrophilic why isn't it an answer ....?:confused:

2)after prolonged acidosis which of the following represents the nitrogenous product of urine....?
a)urea
b)Ammonia:thumbup:
c)uric acid
d)creatinine
e)aspartic acid
Answer is ammonia ....? don't know how shouldn't it be urea....
please Help........!
1) Phospholipid is amphipathic i.e., it has both polar & non-polar groups and when in water, they form micelles by arranging themselves into bilayers with their polar groups towards the surrounding aqueous medium and their lipophilic chains towards the inside of the bilayer...finally having a non-polar region between two polar ones
Glycerol is not amphipathic

2)In, amino acid catabolism, all amino acids under go transamination (except lysine & threonine) to form Glutamate which combine's with free ammonia to form Glutamine --> transports ammonia in the blood to the liver-->undergoes deamination forming glutamate and free ammonia --> enters urea cycle in the liver --> form urea--> transported to kidney for excretion in the urine as ammonium (NH4), a mechanism to maintain acid base balance.
Normally, the capacity of hepatic urea cycle exceeds the normal rates of ammonia generated and so the serum ammonia level is normally low.
The blood PCO2 affects the rate of proton secretion. It is one of the three major factors controlling the rate of acid excretion. when the increase in PCO2 is dominant, the increase in proton secretion will tip the balance towards production of an acid urine and this removal of acid from the blood will rise the blood pH

Chronic acidosis stimulates ammonia production and most of the ammonia excreted in the urine is in the form of ammonium which maintains the body's acid base balance
Uncharged, lipid-soluble NH3, produced from glutamine within the tubular cell, diffuses into the tubular fluid. Secreted protons combine with NH3 to form charged, lipid-insoluble NH4+, which is then excreted. The net result is the addition of acid to the tubular fluid. Its subsequent excretion results in the extraction of acid from the ECF. The Na-H exchange mechanism will also transport NH4+ instead of H+. In either case the result is the same: the addition of acid to the tubular fluid and the extraction of acid from the ECF.
Body's buffer systems are in dynamic equilibrium with the same H+ concentration (pH), so that a change induced in the concentration of any one factor in either buffer system rapidly affects the other system and a new H+ concentration in the blood is established. The lungs assist in maintaining a constant blood pH by removing CO2, while the kidney excretes acid in the form of H2PO4 and NH4 and alkali in the form of HCO3. The kidneys corrects metabolic disturbances that result from imbalanced food intake or internal metabolic disorders. Normally, in members of a population whose diet contains a significant amount of animal protein, cellular metabolism results in net addition of acid to the blood. Whatever the nature of the disturbance, the response of the kidney leads to the formation/ extraction of acid from the plasma.The primary result is a return of the H ion concentration of the blood toward the normal level.

The buffer systems in tubular fluid that react with secreted protons: HCO3-:H2CO3, HPO4=:H2PO4- and NH3:NH4+.

Last edited:
In cross section, the root of a mandibular canine is described as
2. irregularlly oval
3. flattened in a mesiodistal direction.
The answer is 2. irregularly oval

In cervical cross section, the root of a mandibular canine is described as
B. roughly conical
C. flattened in a mesiodistal direction.
the answer is C. flattened in a mesiodistal direction.

I think both of them are asking the exactly the same thing and the correct answer for the 2nd question was also presented in the 1st question but that wasn't the correct answer back then. The 1st question is from 1988 and the 2nd question is from 1996. Did ADA decide to change the answer?

Here is another question.
which of the following fibes are not periodontal ligament fibers?
1. apical
2. oblique
3. principal
4. transverse
5. transseptal
6. interradicular
the answer is 5.
But, another question said
"transseptal periodontal ligament fiber has a cementum to cementum attachment".
which one is correct?

Last edited:
1. apical
2. oblique
3. principal
4. transverse
5. transseptal
6. interradicular
the answer is 5.
which one is correct?

transseptal fibers are gingival. :confused:

Here is another question.
1. apical
2. oblique
3. principal
4. transverse
5. transseptal
6. interradicular
the answer is 5.
which one is correct?

Transeptal fibers run between two adjacent teeth in the same arch. They attach from the cementum just apical to where the gums attach to one tooth and insert at the cementum of an adjacent tooth. Transeptal fibers are believed responsible for returning teeth to their original state after orthodontic therapy. Although techinically part of the gingival ligament, it is frequently included in studies involving the periodontal ligament.

Thanks dentdoc10....
read your earlier posts too, you have great command over physiology...

I'm flattered...thanks
This was one of the topics I spent more time on...so was able to reason out the ans. Hope i'll be able to do the same in the actual test...

1..source of ATP during diff activity-rest,moderate,peak

2..is cell membrane permeable to ethanol

3..what is role of acid and alkaline phosphatase in bone mineralisation?

4..hw does 90:10 nitrous oxide mixture cause respiratory acidosis?can some1 explain this

5..pain from body of mandible is carried by which nerve?

6..ca excreted mainly thro urine or feces/

7..new alveolar bone is deposited during ortho treatmnt by
-ans given-intramembraneous

8..patient with clogged ears is due to pressure on auditory tube.the nerve
which is providing the sensory innervation is
- ans given glossopharyngeal n.

9..wat organs can regenerated?and wat hav least capacity to regenerate?

10..does osteons grow across callus in the repair process ?

1..source of ATP during diff activity-rest,moderate,peak

2..is cell membrane permeable to ethanol yes

3..what is role of acid and alkaline phosphatase in bone mineralisation? alkaline phosphatase is marker of osteoclastic activity

4..hw does 90:10 nitrous oxide mixture cause respiratory acidosis?can some1 explain this

6..ca excreted mainly thro urine or feces/ feces

7..new alveolar bone is deposited during ortho treatmnt by
-ans given-intramembraneous intramembranous

8..patient with clogged ears is due to pressure on auditory tube.the nerve

9..wat organs can regenerated?and wat hav least capacity to regenerate?

10..does osteons grow across callus in the repair process ?yes
???

Last edited:
Ethanol is hydrophilic so how it can be permeable!!!
alkaline phoshphatase means: osteblastic activity!! not osteoclastic :eek:

Some tissues like skin,lymphocytes,Connective tissue can regenerate rapidly

Some other tissues like kidney,pancreas are normally inactive but if necessary,they can regenerate

Some organs like heart,CNS,skeletal muscle can't regenerate

The presence of glucose in the urine proves that the patient has
1. diabetes mellitus.
2. negative nitrogen balance.
3. exceeded his renal threshold for glucose.
4. excessive damage to a glomerulus of the kidney.

The correct answer is 3.
However, can't choice #1 be the correct answer too?

Diabetes mellitus = low insulin = too much glucose in blood = excrete glucose = water follows = polyuria and high amount of glucose found in urine

sure you will dentdoc10....
when r u appearing for part1 bye the way....?
mine is november

Last edited:
1)breathing a gas mixture with 5% CO2 ultimately leads to which of the following?
ans is inhibtion of peripheral chemoreceptors but how...?

2)polyuridilic acid in a cell free system capableof protein synthesis results in production of polyphenylalanine. In this system polyuridylic acid function as ?
ans is messenger RNA how...?

3)which of the following generates slowly developing long term response in target tissues by binding to an intracellular receptor?
a.glucagon
b.estrogen
c.prolactin
d.growth hormone
e.parathyroid hormone
ans is b how...?

4)for a rection catalyzed by an nzyme with Km=1mM which of the following represents the effect on the velocity. If is changed from 10 mM to 20 mM?(enzyme obeys micheal menton constant)
ans is small increse have no clue on this either some one pls explain.....

5)which of the following is characterised by incresed airway resistance,decreased diffusing capacity of lung and chronic /permanent hypoxia?
a.asthma
b.emphysema
c.pneummonia
d.collapsed lung
e. hyaline membrane disease
ans not given I think its emphysema am i correct...?

6)which of the folllowing hormone is released by zona fasiculata and exerts prmissive actions to allow insulin,glucagon and epinephrine to work more effectively at their target tissue?
ans is Cortisol but it is involved in reducing senstivity of cells to insulin & increasing cell's senstivity to gluca

thank u drhallow and Hatico for the ans...

acid phospatase is for osteoclastic activity.....

the source for moderate level of activity is fatty acid ...its given in one of the answer sheet...im not sure....is it right?

and did u guys know the answer for the rest of the question?

Last edited:
The immediate source of energy: ATP

First energy source for our body: Glycogen

For moderate activity : FA

For long-term starvation: Keton bodies because in long-term starvation liver cant use Acetyl-COA, therefor liver have to alter it to keton bodies to let other organs use it as good source of energy:xf:

1)breathing a gas mixture with 5% CO2 ultimately leads to which of the following?
ans is inhibtion of peripheral chemoreceptors but how...?

2)polyuridilic acid in a cell free system capableof protein synthesis results in production of polyphenylalanine. In this system polyuridylic acid function as ?
ans is messenger RNA how...?

3)which of the following generates slowly developing long term response in target tissues by binding to an intracellular receptor?
a.glucagon
b.estrogen
c.prolactin
d.growth hormone
e.parathyroid hormone
ans is b how...?

4)for a rection catalyzed by an nzyme with Km=1mM which of the following represents the effect on the velocity. If is changed from 10 mM to 20 mM?(enzyme obeys micheal menton constant)
ans is small increse have no clue on this either some one pls explain.....

5)which of the following is characterised by incresed airway resistance,decreased diffusing capacity of lung and chronic /permanent hypoxia?
a.asthma
b.emphysema
c.pneummonia
d.collapsed lung
e. hyaline membrane disease
ans not given I think its emphysema am i correct...?

6)which of the folllowing hormone is released by zona fasiculata and exerts prmissive actions to allow insulin,glucagon and epinephrine to work more effectively at their target tissue?
ans is Cortisol but it is involved in reducing senstivity of cells to insulin & increasing cell's senstivity to gluca

For Q4, Km represents the substrate concentration required to achieve half of the max velocity of a reaction. If you know its graph, it's not linear (i forgot what it's called, LOL, the one that looks like linear graph that has + slope but it curves to the right :D)
so if u know what graph I am talking about, you know that increasing x axis will increase y axis but not in 1:1 ratio, which is shown only in linear graph.
This question is basically saying that you increase which is x-axis and asking you what's gonna happen to y axis which is Velocity. You know that it will increase but not in 1:1 ratio. Let's say doubled, then V will inc but less than double :) does it make sense?
The more substrate you have, the faster the rxn will take place.
But!!! I think the reason why it's not 1:1 ratio is because once you have enough substrate bound to the enzyme must have its optimum level :? so...once it's about 70% saturated, then adding more substrate won't be as affective (I am just gussing :))

For Q1, would you double check the answer? I memorized all the answers for about 20 diff old released exam (surprised:D) and the answer is stimulation of central chemoreceptor.
Peripheral chemoreceptor and central chemoreceptor detect increase in CO2, decrease in O2, and decrease in pH (which is increased H+). If increased H and CO2 are detected, it increases respiration to reverse them and increase O2. So basically in this question, it says you just inhaled CO2 so the body says oh no~~~ i don't want this!!! so central chemoreceptor is activated and you start inhaling more (that inc O2 intake and CO2 outtake). I am not sure if peripheral chemoreceptor is inhibited when central chemoreceptor is activated but i thought that both of them are the same except their locations are different. Peripheral one is located in carotid and aortic bodies whereas central is in medullary neurons.

For Q6, i am not sure if what you said is true or not, but I think all we need to know is that cortisol is released from zona fasciculata.

For Q3, the ones that can bind intracellularly must pass the membrane whereas extracellular binding hormones bind outer side the membrane. When you study for Q6, remember that all hormones produced by zona blah blah are steroid hormones so they can pass the membrane and bind intracellularly. Also, when you study about penis and vagina, take a note that androgen produced from theca cell is converted to estradiol (ESTROGEN!). Now we got all the info necessary to solve this problem. Intracellular = lipid = steroid = androgen = estrogen = bingo~ :)

Last edited:
Could someone answer this for me?

The microflora of the healthy gingival sulcus is predominantly
C. gram+ facultative cocci and filamentous bacteria
D. gram - anaerobic rods and fusobacteria.

I don't know the correct answer.
I think that the healthy mouth should have gram + cocci, it can be obligate or facultative anaerobic, and opportunistic.
When I read the word "healthy" I felt that the answer should be C.

However, when I read the dental deck, it says
"the principal oral site for the growth of spirochetes, fusoabacteria, and other gram negative anaerobes is gingival sulcus".
When I read the word "gingival sulcus" I felt that the answer should be D.

Please help me. Thank you.

Last edited:
The immediate source of energy: ATP

First energy source for our body: Glycogen

For moderate activity : FA

For long-term starvation: Keton bodies because in long-term starvation liver cant use Acetyl-COA, therefor liver have to alter it to keton bodies to let other organs use it as good source of energy:xf:

thank u drhallow

9.and wat hav least capacity to regenerate?
8.patient with clogged ears is due to pressure on auditory tube.the nerve
5. inferior alveolar???
9. cardiac m. and nerve tissue can be correct. nerve tissue is regeneratable sometimes))(depend of injury). cardiomyocytes - never.
8. it is possible by decreased motion of the tympanic membrane, ossicles or m.tensor tympani. innervation:
-auriculotemporal n. CNV-3 (membrane);
- auricular n. CN X(membrane):
-tympanic n. CN IX(membrane);
-tensor tympani n. (tensor tympani m.)
Chorda tympani CN VII and tympanic plexus CN IX go trough the tympanic cavity. Anesthesia can lead to clogging of patient's ear due chorda tympani. Irritation of tympanic plexus (glosso-pharyngeal n.) leads to clogging by ??????

Last edited:
Could someone answer this for me?

The microflora of the healthy gingival sulcus is predominantly
C. gram+ facultative cocci and filamentous bacteria
D. gram - anaerobic rods and fusobacteria.

i check some sources - facultative cocci and actinomycetes

please guys help me with this question

How many amino acids will be in a polypeptide if the gene is 300 nucleotides?

thanx

Can somebody please write down all the contacts occurring in a Laterotrusive mandibular movement. Always confusing!:confused:

5. inferior alveolar???
9. cardiac m. and nerve tissue can be correct. nerve tissue is regeneratable sometimes))(depend of injury). cardiomyocytes - never.
8. it is possible by decreased motion of the tympanic membrane, ossicles or m.tensor tympani. innervation:
-auriculotemporal n. CNV-3 (membrane);
- auricular n. CN X(membrane):
-tympanic n. CN IX(membrane);
-tensor tympani n. (tensor tympani m.)
Chorda tympani CN VII and tympanic plexus CN IX go trough the tympanic cavity. Anesthesia can lead to clogging of patient's ear due chorda tympani. Irritation of tympanic plexus (glosso-pharyngeal n.) leads to clogging by ??????

thank u...
for pain from body of mandible -its auriculotemporal n-given in ans sheet...
for clogging of ear-sensory innervation by ix nerve-also given..

both not sure and cant find anywher.....

and one more

carboxypeptidase is secreted from pancreas by stimulation of secretin-given in kaplan

other source....carboxypeptidase secretion is by walls of small intestine??

Can somebody please write down all the contacts occurring in a Laterotrusive mandibular movement. Always confusing!:confused:

what do you mean by contacts occuring in a laterotrusive movement? u mean proximal contact or occlusion?
proximal contact never changes so I guess you meant the occlusion.
If you just know the occlusion and know which direction it's moving, just follow it.
For example, if it's working side, it move directly buccal or facial direction.
If it's non working, it moves downward, forward, and medial.
if you post a specific example, I might be able to answer it.

thank u...
for pain from body of mandible -its auriculotemporal n-given in ans sheet...
for clogging of ear-sensory innervation by ix nerve-also given..

both not sure and cant find anywher.....

and one more

carboxypeptidase is secreted from pancreas by stimulation of secretin-given in kaplan

other source....carboxypeptidase secretion is by walls of small intestine??

Secretin is secreted from the wall of small intestine in response to acidic chyme... which stimulate carboxypeptidase secretion from Pancreas ...

source: wiki

what do you mean by contacts occuring in a laterotrusive movement? u mean proximal contact or occlusion?
proximal contact never changes so I guess you meant the occlusion.
If you just know the occlusion and know which direction it's moving, just follow it.
For example, if it's working side, it move directly buccal or facial direction.
If it's non working, it moves downward, forward, and medial.
if you post a specific example, I might be able to answer it.
Yes I meant the occlusal contacts. I know what "occludes' what in ideal intercuspal relation. One thing that confuses me is...its laterotrusive and not just lateral movement on working side. Wont the inclines/contacts change for laterotrusive and lateral movement?:confused: