OFFICIAL PASS 2026 PEDIATRIC RESIDENCY INFORMATION

Started by Paosy005
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Paosy005

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

The new peds residency cycle is starting soon, and it’s officially time to dust off our CVs, polish up those personal statements, and get everything in order.

Just wanted to start a space where we can all check in—whether you’re applying for the first time, reapplying, or still figuring things out. What’s everyone working on right now? Any externships, CE courses, or side projects going on to prep?

Let’s share tips, ask questions, and help each other through it!
 
1743214795565.png


hehe I love the enthusiasm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Who is everyone having write their recommendation letters? I know most schools either require a full-time pediatric faculty member or a Dean's letter. If my school only has part-time pediatric faculty and not full-time, can I still use them? Are you guys having a pediatric dentist outside of your school write you one?
 
Does anyone have any thoughts on the NYU Langone programs (specifically the ones in NY+MA)?
I’m having troubling finding information on their curriculum + how often residents are on call + feedback from current residents
 
Anyone have info on UW? I've heard that they don't actually do tuition for the masters degree, but I feel like that isn't true.
 
Hey everyone!

The new peds residency cycle is starting soon, and it’s officially time to dust off our CVs, polish up those personal statements, and get everything in order.

Just wanted to start a space where we can all check in—whether you’re applying for the first time, reapplying, or still figuring things out. What’s everyone working on right now? Any externships, CE courses, or side projects going on to prep?

Let’s share tips, ask questions, and help each other through it!
Hi everyone!
Are there any foreign-trained dentists applying to peds residency this cycle? Let’s connect!
 
Hey everyone!

The new peds residency cycle is starting soon, and it’s officially time to dust off our CVs, polish up those personal statements, and get everything in order.

Just wanted to start a space where we can all check in—whether you’re applying for the first time, reapplying, or still figuring things out. What’s everyone working on right now? Any externships, CE courses, or side projects going on to prep?

Let’s share tips, ask questions, and help each other through it!
Good luck to all applying! Pediatric dentistry is a wonderful profession and community of colleagues!
-Jessica
 
yes I agree, very credible. And they can do that for their first year residents too, not just their second year residents?
Yes if my memory serves correctly all residents through some method are able to get in-state tuition rather than out-of-state. Really nice faculty. I enjoyed interviewing and speaking with the faculty and staff there.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes if my memory serves correctly all residents through some method are able to get in-state tuition rather than out-of-state. Really nice faculty. I enjoyed interviewing and speaking with the faculty and staff there.
Unless something has changed, this is correct. As long as you do the necessary steps to establish residency, you get instate tuition.

I recognized I am biased, but it is a wonderful program! All programs are hard work, but you get great experience, fantastic faculty and staff, and top notch institutions with UW and Seattle Children's.

-Jessica
 
For those that have submitted their application already. Have you received supplemental? I’ve tried looking on schools websites but can’t find any.
 
Last edited:
For those that have submitted their application already. Have you received supplemental? I’ve tried looking on. School websites but can’t find any.
Definitely takes some time for the supplementals to come in. It's really early in the application cycle, especially peds since it's phase 2. Just keep checking your email and spam occasionally.
 
Does anyone know what the supplementals are like? Is it kind of just a few short questions, something like that? I'm applying for the first time this cycle, just want to be prepared in terms of what to expect with the supplementals 🙂 Thanks in advance!!
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know what the supplementals are like? Is it kind of just a few short questions, something like that? I'm applying for the first time this cycle, just want to be prepared in terms of what to expect with the supplementals 🙂 Thanks in advance!!
Most of the supplemental questions are actually on ADEA Pass once you add the program to your list.
 
hi! does anyone know if the interviews are usually an all day thing or if we can choose morning/afternoon sessions?
 
Last edited:
hi! does anyone know if the interviews are usually an all day thing or if we can choose morning/afternoon sessions? asking mostly for ny programs. ty!
Interviews usually consist of a non-mandatory but good to go to social with the residents the evening before the actual interview. Then the interview usually happens in the early morning and can end anywhere from early afternoon (~2-3pm) to late afternoon (~5-6pm) depending on if there are any tours/ Q+A session/ etc.
 
Hi everyone!
Are there any foreign-trained dentists applying to peds residency this cycle? Let’s connect!
Hi
I'm an International dentist too. This is my second time applying and I'm based in Seattle so UW is my priority
 
Hello, as we are approaching some of the deadlines I want to share that some schools have sent out emails confirming that my application has been received and completed. I am keeping a log for potential interview dates, some programs have these posted on their websites. Nicklaus (10/22 and 10/29), Harvard (12/5), OSU (12/8 and 12/15), Cincinnati (11/3 and 11/10). So far that's all I have, I'll update this post if I have some more info!
 
Hello, as we are approaching some of the deadlines I want to share that some schools have sent out emails confirming that my application has been received and completed. I am keeping a log for potential interview dates, some programs have these posted on their websites. Nicklaus (10/22 and 10/29), Harvard (12/5), OSU (12/8 and 12/15), Cincinnati (11/3 and 11/10). So far that's all I have, I'll update this post if I have some more info!
Thanks for this!! I've also had a couple schools confirm the same thing, let's hope for some good news soon!!
 
Programs such as Jacobi and Nicklaus send an email notifying you that your application is complete once they’ve received all supplemental items. The last thing I did was mail checks and they emailed me three days later.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

The new peds residency cycle is starting soon, and it’s officially time to dust off our CVs, polish up those personal statements, and get everything in order.

Just wanted to start a space where we can all check in—whether you’re applying for the first time, reapplying, or still figuring things out. What’s everyone working on right now? Any externships, CE courses, or side projects going on to prep?

Let’s share tips, ask questions, and help each other through it!
Just a thought, but maybe we can modify the name of this forum to have 2026 in the title. Right now, it’s displaying emojis in the title, making it harder for people to find.
 
Just a thought, but maybe we can modify the name of this forum to have 2026 in the title. Right now, it’s displaying emojis in the title, making it harder for people to find.
Yes please so everyone can share their thoughts and questions.
 
Someone has already posted a message on the profile of the person who created this, but there was no response. It may be better to create another page.
 
Last edited:
Hello, as we are approaching some of the deadlines I want to share that some schools have sent out emails confirming that my application has been received and completed. I am keeping a log for potential interview dates, some programs have these posted on their websites. Nicklaus (10/22 and 10/29), Harvard (12/5), OSU (12/8 and 12/15), Cincinnati (11/3 and 11/10). So far that's all I have, I'll update this post if I have some more info!
Cincinnati sent a confirmation email saying your application was complete?
 
Do NYU Langone programs send “application complete” emails? I applied to NYU Tucson but did not get an interview. :-((
I did not get an "application complete" email but received a call on Tuesday, Sept 2 from NYU Tucson. Dates for interviews are Oct 2 or Oct 3.

I received an email from NYU Hawaii today. Interview date and time was assigned on Sept 22. There is a social the evening of Monday, Sept 22.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad