OFFICIAL PASS 2026 PEDIATRIC RESIDENCY INFORMATION

Started by Paosy005
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
damn it feels like a lot of us didn’t match 🙁 congrats to everyone who did match definitely was a competitive cycle. i had 7 interviews and didn’t match 😮😹
Absolutely wild. That's more a you problem TBH. Applicants would give up everything to have 7 interviews. This cycle was brutal. Dozens of amazing applicants I knew getting 1 interview on the trail applying to like 25. One.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are excellent applicants with 1 or even 0 interviews on the trail. This person got 7 and wants us to feel bad for them?
Damn why are you so salty! I mean I'd be surprised too, with 7 interviews you've got to have at least a 60-70% chance to match at a program
 
As someone with 9 interviews that didn’t match last year, I definitely thought it was a “me” problem. Then I met a program director and a faculty member at top programs that also didn’t match the first time. I’ve also met super cool, qualified applicants with a ton of interviews that didn’t match. It’s a very hard process and anyone that is feeling defeated please give yourself grace! This year I applied to fewer and matched!
 
Match is an incredibly unpredictable and difficult process. If you didnt match don’t be discouraged. I promise you its not you that is the problem. You have no idea what is in store for you, I didnt match last year and I fell into a deep state of depression, I tried again this year and I matched to a program I never even thought I would. You just need to keep trying. Best of luck to everyone- give yourself some grace and compassion at the end of the day you will be a dentist ❤️
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know what happens if you break your match? I just feel like the more I think about it the more I cannot see myself going where I matched to. I just do not know if I will fit in with my program culture and feel extremely conflicted.
Any advice? Is it true you have to wait 3 years to reapply?
 
Does anyone know what happens if you break your match? I just feel like the more I think about it the more I cannot see myself going where I matched to. I just do not know if I will fit in with my program culture and feel extremely conflicted.
Any advice? Is it true you have to wait 3 years to reapply?
Were there any red flags you noticed in the program or with the residents?
 
In the match website they had only few NYU langone sites but in the NYU langone website they had more than that . Why is the information not consistent on all platforms
 
In the match website they had only few NYU langone sites but in the NYU langone website they had more than that . Why is the information not consistent on all platforms
I think the NYU langone website is just listing every program they have. the match website is what you should go off of.
 
Does anyone know what happens if you break your match? I just feel like the more I think about it the more I cannot see myself going where I matched to. I just do not know if I will fit in with my program culture and feel extremely conflicted.
Any advice? Is it true you have to wait 3 years to reapply?
You may actually never be allowed to participate in MATCH again
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NYU Langone sent out interview invites for the SD site. Not sure about the other sites
Did NYU-SD recontinue with their program? They were Discontinued on the ADEA portal. Are they going to have funding to let new PGY-1 and PGY-2s graduate or is that a risk if you ultimately join?
 
Last edited:
Hi! For anyone who may be looking for a post-match or fellowship spot, I can’t recommend this clinic enough. I didn’t match my first cycle but after working at Oral Health Partnership was able to learn so much and gain confidence and skills that helped me match at my top program the following cycle. Some highlights for me were:
• mentorship
• patient volume
• outstanding hygienists/assistants/admin staff
• experienced dentists with great insight
• fun and positive environment (I was genuinely sad to leave when residency started!)

I loved every day of working there and recommend it to anyone who is interested in working with children. Several dentists have started their career there and gone on to pediatric residency; there is a legacy of great outcomes from this experience!
IMG_3178.jpeg