Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IMG_0029.JPG
IMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_0033.JPG

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Please don't ban me, I recognize the low quality of the memes I posted...

Members don't see this ad :)
So many memes.....so much productivity lost....help....

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so excited guys! On a whim, my roommate and I booked a trip to Seattle in August. It seemed like a pipe dream at first but I just booked my plane tickets, so it's very real. Is anyone here familiar with the city and if so, do you have any suggestions of things we should do or restaurants we should visit?

I'm so excited guys! On a whim, my roommate and I booked a trip to Seattle in August. It seemed like a pipe dream at first but I just booked my plane tickets, so it's very real. Is anyone here familiar with the city and if so, do you have any suggestions of things we should do or restaurants we should visit?
A classic one is Ivar's on the pier. They do fish and seafood and clam chowder and stuff. Haven't been in years, but 11/10 would recommend.

^ But in New England we have plenty of fish/seafood/and clam chowduh.

^ But in New England we have plenty of fish/seafood/and clam chowduh.
But then you have to go to New England....

And also @tessellations if you're into outdoorsy stuff Mt. Rainier is a great place to hike. August is a great time to go because it won't be as cold. Even if you don't want to do the whole Rainier hike, the rest of the park area is still beautiful. Sheep Lake up there is a much easier/shorter hike (IIRC it was barely even a hike to get up to the lake) and still gorgeous. The last time I got to actually do anything in greater Seattle I also went kayaking on the Puget Sound. People who are actually from the area could probably give better suggestions than I have though. Have fun!

Reactions: 1 users
But then you have to go to New England....

And also @tessellations if you're into outdoorsy stuff Mt. Rainier is a great place to hike. August is a great time to go because it won't be as cold. Even if you don't want to do the whole Rainier hike, the rest of the park area is still beautiful. Sheep Lake up there is a much easier/shorter hike (IIRC it was barely even a hike to get up to the lake) and still gorgeous. The last time I got to actually do anything in greater Seattle I also went kayaking on the Puget Sound. People who are actually from the area could probably give better suggestions than I have though. Have fun!

I actually live in Massachusetts! We do have great clam chowder, but I'm always done for fresh seafood, especially since I don't live in coastal Mass.

I love hiking/outdoors activities so those are great ideas! Thanks for the heads up about Sheep Lake!

!!!! Wait so that means you got in and youre going to medicine guaranteed and not that LSAT stuff??!! Congrats!

@Healer@1994 @freak7 @JoaoMoutinho are elated!!!
YES I AM I JUST DECIDED TO SLAM CAPS LOCK AND THEN RIP IT OUT OF MY KEYBOARD. I WILL BE TALKING LIKE THIS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.

Reactions: 3 users
YES I AM I JUST DECIDED TO SLAM CAPS LOCK AND THEN RIP IT OUT OF MY KEYBOARD. I WILL BE TALKING LIKE THIS FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.

SAME HERE! HOLY CRAP CONGRATS @Matthew9Thirtyfive WELL DONE!!!!! NOW GO GET DRUNK BUT ONLY SAFELY WHILE ALSO THINKING OF NEW IDEAS FOR MORE FICTION PIECES!!!@

DUDE WHAT?!? CON-FREAKING-GRATS!!

Thanks! I'm going nuts over here.

!!!! Wait so that means you got in and youre going to medicine guaranteed and not that LSAT stuff??!! Congrats!

@Healer@1994 @freak7 @JoaoMoutinho are elated!!!

Yeah. Gonna be a doctor!

SAME HERE! HOLY CRAP CONGRATS @Matthew9Thirtyfive WELL DONE!!!!! NOW GO GET DRUNK BUT ONLY SAFELY WHILE ALSO THINKING OF NEW IDEAS FOR MORE FICTION PIECES!!!@

THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE @Goro CELEBRATION!!!!!

:claps::claps::claps::claps::claps::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::love::love::love::love::love::love::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

Haha thanks guys. This has been an awesome week, thank God. I am so excited. I'm not even thinking about all the stuff I have to do in the next month.

Reactions: 3 users

Yeah. Gonna be a doctor!

Haha thanks guys. This has been an awesome week, thank God. I am so excited. I'm not even thinking about all the stuff I have to do in the next month.

Quick change your status to Medical Student (Accepted) !!

Yeah. Gonna be a doctor!

I imagine you as a really chill guy who never " goes nuts" so the thought of you going nuts is hilarious
But congrats! *hug* It must be really nice feeling certain about your future.

Last edited:
Quick change your status to Medical Student (Accepted) !!

So the program has two parts. The first part is a like a post-bacc that you have to complete in order to continue on to the med school part. So I'm guaranteed admission to USUHS so long as I complete the 1-year academic program. I'll change it once I finish that part. But I've already taken half the courses they require and did well in them, so I'm not worried.

Reactions: 1 users