-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Explain what happened lol.Thanks! I'm going nuts over here.
Yeah. Gonna be a doctor!
Haha thanks guys. This has been an awesome week, thank God. I am so excited. I'm not even thinking about all the stuff I have to do in the next month.
CONGRATS @Matthew9Thirtyfive!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Fk yeah! I'm so happy for you, brother. Like for real!I got accepted to my medical commissioning program. Mil Med, here I come!

7
787593
YO DUDE!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!I got accepted to my medical commissioning program. Mil Med, here I come!
7
787593
@Matthew9Thirtyfive
Special meme for a future doctor
Explain what happened lol.
I applied through the Navy to a program at USUHS called EMDP2, which takes enlisted Sailors with degrees and sends them to med school to become Navy doctors.
If you want some back story as to why people reacted like this, I've been waiting to hear back since October. On January 30, my division officer at the time found me and pulled me aside to tell me that I hadn't been selected (they have a <5% acceptance rate). I was pretty bummed and was moving on with plan B (not medicine related). That evening, I emailed the program director to see what I could have improved in my application, since I felt that I was a strong candidate. She emailed me the following morning and told me someone must have made a mistake because the board hadn't even met yet.
Then on March 6, USUHS announced that they had made their selections and had forwarded them back to the individual services for promulgation, including the Navy. The Marines put their results out the same day. The Air Force two weeks later. The Army a couple weeks after that. I had no idea what was going on with the Navy results (still don't, but I don't really care since I got selected!!!!!!). Yesterday morning, I showed up for duty and was congratulated by one of the officers on board. A fellow first class showed me the message so that I could let myself really believe it, haha.
Ah, obviously I have no idea how military medicine works lol. Congratulations man that's awesome.I applied through the Navy to a program at USUHS called EMDP2, which takes enlisted Sailors with degrees and sends them to med school to become Navy doctors.
If you want some back story as to why people reacted like this, I've been waiting to hear back since October. On January 30, my division officer at the time found me and pulled me aside to tell me that I hadn't been selected (they have a <5% acceptance rate). I was pretty bummed and was moving on with plan B (not medicine related). That evening, I emailed the program director to see what I could have improved in my application, since I felt that I was a strong candidate. She emailed me the following morning and told me someone must have made a mistake because the board hadn't even met yet.
Then on March 6, USUHS announced that they had made their selections and had forwarded them back to the individual services for promulgation, including the Navy. The Marines put their results out the same day. The Air Force two weeks later. The Army a couple weeks after that. I had no idea what was going on with the Navy results (still don't, but I don't really care since I got selected!!!!!!). Yesterday morning, I showed up for duty and was congratulated by one of the officers on board. A fellow first class showed me the message so that I could let myself really believe it, haha.
Ah, obviously I have no idea how military medicine works lol. Congratulations man that's awesome.
Yeah, Mil Med is its own beast. I'm super excited. I loved the Navy from the time I went to boot camp, and I've wanted to be a doctor for a long time, so getting to do them both is a blessing. I think I said, "Thank you, God; thank you, Jesus," like 500 times yesterday.
Could you have applied outside of the navy med program?Yeah, Mil Med is its own beast. I'm super excited. I loved the Navy from the time I went to boot camp, and I've wanted to be a doctor for a long time, so getting to do them both is a blessing. I think I said, "Thank you, God; thank you, Jesus," like 500 times yesterday.
Could you have applied outside of the navy med program?
Not realistically, no. I still have 18 months on my ADSO (which just extended to 60 months now that I've been selected, and will extend out even further when I matriculate at USUHS--I will be eligible to retire by the time my ADSO is complete), during which this command will be super operational, preventing me from completing outstanding prereqs. I have a spouse and two young kids and live in an expensive city, so separating and taking the prereqs full time would be very difficult. So instead of applying through this program this year, I'd have to probably wait about 3-4 years to even apply.
****s confusing lol. Regardless congrats! What are you gonna do within navy medNot realistically, no. I still have 18 months on my ADSO (which just extended to 60 months now that I've been selected, and will extend out even further when I matriculate at USUHS--I will be eligible to retire by the time my ADSO is complete), during which this command will be super operational, preventing me from completing outstanding prereqs. I have a spouse and two young kids and live in an expensive city, so separating and taking the prereqs full time would be very difficult. So instead of applying through this program this year, I'd have to probably wait about 3-4 years to even apply.
****s confusing lol. Regardless congrats! What are you gonna do within navy med
It's only confusing until you are in for a little bit. I'm also a departmental career counselor, so I have a little more knowledge than the average Sailor.
I'll see what specialty I feel is right when I get to third year. I have some experience in primary care here, and I know I love surgery, so those two will probably duke it out.
Orthobro or bustIt's only confusing until you are in for a little bit. I'm also a departmental career counselor, so I have a little more knowledge than the average Sailor.
I'll see what specialty I feel is right when I get to third year. I have some experience in primary care here, and I know I love surgery, so those two will probably duke it out.
Orthobro or bust
Ortho is definitely super cool. I always enjoyed those cases. I'm keeping a totally open mind. I'm sure I'll feel called into something.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho bump!
7
787593
Good, tbh though, I find myself not checking SDN as often. Summer is pretty busy hahaHEY GUYS HOW'S EVERYBODY DOING THIS FINE MORNING?
My dad has been delaying my birthday present for months until I found out if I got accepted or not. He wants to get me a really nice stethoscope. Any recommendations? I'll cruise the fora too, but I figured I'd ask you guys too.
You should probably just ask upperclassmen at your school about which one you should getMy dad has been delaying my birthday present for months until I found out if I got accepted or not. He wants to get me a really nice stethoscope. Any recommendations? I'll cruise the fora too, but I figured I'd ask you guys too.
You should probably just ask upperclassmen at your school about which one you should get
I'm on a different campus for the first two years. The first two years before M1 are at a different campus.
I got accepted to my medical commissioning program. Mil Med, here I come!
ahhhh I'm a bit late but CONGRATS IVE BEEN SILENTLY ROOTING FOR YOU FOREVER [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
ahhhh I'm a bit late but CONGRATS IVE BEEN SILENTLY ROOTING FOR YOU FOREVER [emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1][emoji1]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks! I couldn't wait to post on here because of everyone's support. 🙂
I got accepted to my medical commissioning program. Mil Med, here I come!
DAMN NAVY, way to wait until the last second for those EMDP2 results!! CONGRATS! I'm so, so jealous. I would love to apply, but I'm ages from my bachelor's. A good friend of mine from the same duty section got accepted this year too. You guys are probs gonna be in the same prep classes. 😀 😀 😀 😀
Last edited:
DAMN NAVY, way to wait until the last second for those EMDP2 results!! CONGRATS! I'm so, so jealous. I would love to apply, but I'm ages from my bachelor's. A good friend of mine from the same duty section got accepted this year too. You guys are probs gonna be in the same prep classes. 😀 😀 😀 😀
PM me if you want to tell me who it is. I know someone in last year's cohort, and all the selectees are put in the same class. Yes. It was very last minute. I have a LOT to do now in a short time, but I could not be more thankful for the opportunity.
Also, someone from my command just got picked up for the interservice PA program.
I have a LOT to do now in a short time, but I could not be more thankful for the opportunity.
Man, you'd best get outprocessing! Hahaha.
Man, you'd best get outprocessing! Hahaha.
Yeah we started looking for places, but I can't really start anything official until I get hard copies.
@JoaoMoutinho @Matthew9Thirtyfive bump!
@JoaoMoutinho @Matthew9Thirtyfive bump!
![]()
He had a secret set of dentures made from slave teeth. Now you know that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mostly for his facial expression:
@JoaoMoutinho @tessellations @Matthew9Thirtyfive flavorverses followup!
@tessellations bump!
@UNMedGa @Matthew9Thirtyfive followup!
And a paradox for @JoaoMoutinho @freak7 @libertyyne
@tessellations bump!
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho semi-bump!
Holy **** finally finished M1.
How was it?Holy **** finally finished M1.
Horrible.How was it?
Define horrible. What was the worst part of it?Horrible.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All work and no play makes Homer something something.
Meh, have been doing that for years now. Tell me something worse.All work and no play makes Homer something something.
@JoaoMoutinho @libertyyne @freak7 @Matthew9Thirtyfive bump!
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @UNMedGa @JoaoMoutinho loss aversion system bump!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K