Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How? All of my college friends had break last week
Go to a strip club, get drunk, get into a fight, get laid, eat some good food, put more hot sauce on said food than you think you can handle, drink tons of milk and eat tons of bread to cool it off, sleep, all in that order. 😀 Presto, spiced!
 
Go to a strip club, get drunk, get into a fight, get laid, eat some good food, put more hot sauce on said food than you think you can handle, drink tons of milk and eat tons of bread to cool it off, sleep, all in that order. 😀 Presto, spiced!

I must live spicy most of the time...

I also recommend seeing live music, going hiking at a park, eating at a new restaurant
 
Go to a strip club, get drunk, get into a fight, get laid, eat some good food, put more hot sauce on said food than you think you can handle, drink tons of milk and eat tons of bread to cool it off, sleep, all in that order. 😀 Presto, spiced!

👍

Sent from my Galaxy S2
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How? All of my college friends had break last week

My school always had 2 weeks of spring break. Some schools (particularly those with a 4-1-4 schedule) are out of sync with the typical college schedule too (which is really annoying at times). First week was always the team trip, but second week got boring by the end. I feelz ur feelz, bro.

Let's see, what else did I miss?

Oh yeah: never heard of a wedding where they card.

I ride a crappy little Vulcan 500 for utility, but I started with a stock 1980 Honda CB650C (awesome bike, though much better once I switched out the front sprocket for a lower gear ratio...made it vibrate less at hwy speeds) and now the 2nd bike is a BMW F650CS (scarver, it's a single cylinder 'thumper'.) I'm a little odd in that I like neither cruisers nor sport bikes...I prefer a more standard seating style. Still fun in the curves, but way more useful than a crotch rocket (and you get pulled over a lot less if you don't LOOK like a speed demon while you're going 95mph :laugh:)

@dudeliness what about a trickle charger?
 
Go to a strip club, get drunk, get into a fight, get laid, eat some good food, put more hot sauce on said food than you think you can handle, drink tons of milk and eat tons of bread to cool it off, sleep, all in that order. 😀 Presto, spiced!

👍👍👍👍
 
I ride a crappy little Vulcan 500 for utility, but I started with a stock 1980 Honda CB650C (awesome bike, though much better once I switched out the front sprocket for a lower gear ratio...made it vibrate less at hwy speeds) and now the 2nd bike is a BMW F650CS (scarver, it's a single cylinder 'thumper'.) I'm a little odd in that I like neither cruisers nor sport bikes...I prefer a more standard seating style. Still fun in the curves, but way more useful than a crotch rocket (and you get pulled over a lot less if you don't LOOK like a speed demon while you're going 95mph :laugh:)

@dudeliness what about a trickle charger?

Oh yeah, I knew I forgot to mention something. I've got a betters tender brand trickle charger on it. Works like a champ. The tender cost as much as a new battery, but will even work on my car if needed. They're great.

If I could change anything on my bike I would love to have overdrive. I'm 6'1" and some highway pegs would be nice too, but traveling at 85+ without overdrive the vibration blows. The virago is a stressed member frame, meaning the engine is part of the frame. Around 6000rpm it gets a little irritating. Lol
 
Hey Everyone!
Bored at work...hoping to join the socializing haha

I am on spring break... but this is what I do with my life. I also just turned 21 so it is even more disheartening lol
 
Oh yeah, I knew I forgot to mention something. I've got a betters tender brand trickle charger on it. Works like a champ. The tender cost as much as a new battery, but will even work on my car if needed. They're great.

If I could change anything on my bike I would love to have overdrive. I'm 6'1" and some highway pegs would be nice too, but traveling at 85+ without overdrive the vibration blows. The virago is a stressed member frame, meaning the engine is part of the frame. Around 6000rpm it gets a little irritating. Lol

Try a single cyl sometime...I don't know how my mom stands it commuting on the highway 😱

I hate super vibraty bikes...that's why I switched out the front sprocket on the Honda. Probably wouldn't help much with the setup on your virago, though 🙁

Sent via phone, please excuse typos and formatting errors!
 
I'll take being bored during spring break over freaking out because of calculus anyday. Plus, sleep. Sleep sounds so nice! Or you know, hot sauce. That's good too.

After I bombed my calculus 2 final, my dad said "At least you know it's the hardest class you've ever had to take. Everything else will be easier."

And ever since then, I've taken solace in the fact that I survived calc2. I just hated it so very much.
 
Try a single cyl sometime...I don't know how my mom stands it commuting on the highway 😱

I hate super vibraty bikes...that's why I switched out the front sprocket on the Honda. Probably wouldn't help much with the setup on your virago, though 🙁

Sent via phone, please excuse typos and formatting errors!

Meh, I've only done a few multi-hour freeway trips. Most everything is around town and its awesome for that. So I'm 🙂
 
After I bombed my calculus 2 final, my dad said "At least you know it's the hardest class you've ever had to take. Everything else will be easier."

And ever since then, I've taken solace in the fact that I survived calc2. I just hated it so very much.

Calc 2 as in BC or multivariable?

Sent via phone, please excuse typos and formatting errors!
 
Calc 2 as in BC or multivariable?

Sent via phone, please excuse typos and formatting errors!

BC.

I was a freshman, never taken calc before, and totally overwhelmed at an enormous college. AWFUL. I had a tutor on speed dial and I would call him crying before the homework was due... Not my proudest semester 😉
 

😱 THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL.

BC.
I was a freshman, never taken calc before, and totally overwhelmed at an enormous college. AWFUL. I had a tutor on speed dial and I would call him crying before the homework was due... Not my proudest semester 😉

Agreed. The material itself isn't so bad, but everything is going so fast! As soon as I feel myself grasping a concept we start doing something else. I just feel a bit overwhelmed. But I guess I better get used to it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After I bombed my calculus 2 final, my dad said "At least you know it's the hardest class you've ever had to take. Everything else will be easier."

And ever since then, I've taken solace in the fact that I survived calc2. I just hated it so very much.

Calc 2 is the devil
 
Go to a strip club, get drunk, get into a fight, get laid, eat some good food, put more hot sauce on said food than you think you can handle, drink tons of milk and eat tons of bread to cool it off, sleep, all in that order. 😀 Presto, spiced!

:naughty: This is exactly what I meant to type.
 
😱 THIS. IS. BEAUTIFUL.



Agreed. The material itself isn't so bad, but everything is going so fast! As soon as I feel myself grasping a concept we start doing something else. I just feel a bit overwhelmed. But I guess I better get used to it.

I am so glad I took care of all that in HS...no Calc in college! I respectfully disagree that it's the hardest you'll see , though. There are so many classes out there that will utterly destroy your world, Calc is just not even really on the radar. After all, it's the INTRO course for math, and the foundation of Pchem, not to mention physics!

Sent via phone, please excuse typos and formatting errors!
 
Go to a strip club, get drunk, get into a fight, get laid, eat some good food, put more hot sauce on said food than you think you can handle, drink tons of milk and eat tons of bread to cool it off, sleep, all in that order. 😀 Presto, spiced!

Does this advice come from experience? :naughty:
 
I am so glad I took care of all that in HS...no Calc in college! I respectfully disagree that it's the hardest you'll see , though. There are so many classes out there that will utterly destroy your world, Calc is just not even really on the radar. After all, it's the INTRO course for math, and the foundation of Pchem, not to mention physics!

Sent via phone, please excuse typos and formatting errors!

Honestly, so far for me it has held true. All of undergrad, all of grad school... But it also taught me how to study, so I guess that's also made a difference.
 
3tgg8a.jpg
 
Calculus sucks! Its one of the only classes ive ever used a tutor for! We should make a spring break club or something. Ive literally just sat around and eaten All week!
 
Go to a strip club, get drunk, get into a fight, get laid, eat some good food, put more hot sauce on said food than you think you can handle, drink tons of milk and eat tons of bread to cool it off, sleep, all in that order. 😀 Presto, spiced!

Sounds like a good plan though I haven't gotten into a fight in a while. I'm afraid I'll get in trouble and ruin my chances of getting into med school 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ug, me thoughts no such thing as too many beers. I proveds myself wrong last night: very wary tired this good 'marn. :yawn:

I catches up da thread later. How I turn into IcanHazCheezburger kitten?
 
Also... PSG will destroy Barca. Believe it.

Well the only thing that worries me is Barca's already troubled defense playing against Ibra. But hopefully, like the AC Milan game, Barca will play really aggressively offensive and keep Villa in. I really like what Villa's been doing, but I'm biased because I loved him before the injury. His slow return to the starting XI has made me super happy.
 
what about a 40 in both hands?

Doesn't count unless there's duck* tape involved!

***yes, I know it's typically written as 'duct' tape, but that name actually developed from 'duck' tape because it was waterproof. It's pretty crappy for ducting work, actually. One of those situations where the name was 'corrected' into something incorrect for so long that the name changed.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well the only thing that worries me is Barca's already troubled defense playing against Ibra. But hopefully, like the AC Milan game, Barca will play really aggressively offensive and keep Villa in. I really like what Villa's been doing, but I'm biased because I loved him before the injury. His slow return to the starting XI has made me super happy.

Villa will avenge the death of Valencia!!!!!​
 
Ug, me thoughts no such thing as too many beers. I proveds myself wrong last night: very wary tired this good 'marn. :yawn:

I catches up da thread later. How I turn into IcanHazCheezburger kitten?

:nono:

:yawn: = 👎
😴 = 👍