You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
4
487806
4
487806
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4
487806
4
487806
ELF? 😕
Agent B, what are you hobbies?
Post-padding, perhaps some sports. Not much else.Agent B, what are you hobbies?
Post-padding, perhaps some sports. Not much else.![]()
![]()
Seems accurate.
4
487806
Agent B, what are you hobbies?
futbol
4
487806
4
487806
Who knew the admins were so metal? LoL
futbol
Favorite club? If you're a Madridista, I may flame you.
4
487806
Favorite club? If you're a Madridista, I may flame you.
Hard to choose. I like barca, real, bayern, man united and ac milan, but they're all so good. MLS however is completely disgusting

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hard to choose. I like barca, real, bayern, man united and ac milan, but they're all so good. MLS however is completely disgusting![]()
...and college football is worthless cuz it's not the NFL?
Not being the best doesn't make it less fun to watch, which is really all that matters!
Hard to choose. I like
👍barca,
👎real👎
👍bayern,
👎man united I'm a City fan
ac milan, Meh, don't care either way on them but they're all so good.
So you're 2.5/5 in my book. I guess this is alright. How can you like Barca and Real? I feel like they draw different kinds of fans.
4
487806
...and college football is worthless cuz it's not the NFL?
Not being the best doesn't make it less fun to watch, which is really all that matters!
The MLS is one of the most overrated and hyped up leagues. I'm not even joking. All they are good at is exaggerating how Beckham and Henry are sooo good.
So you're 2.5/5 in my book. I guess this is alright. How can you like Barca and Real? I feel like they draw different kinds of fans.
Okay...
1. I'm happy that Man City got eliminated very early. Very overrated team.
2. I wish Chelsea had advanced.
3. Barca and Real may be sworn enemies but both teams are incredible for several years.
1. I'm happy that Man City got eliminated very early. Very overrated team.
2. I wish Chelsea had advanced.
3. Barca and Real may be sworn enemies but both teams are incredible for several years.
Man City isn't overrated. They have an amazing set of core players that they paid good money for! 😉
Chelsea is fine, but their fans are notoriously obnoxious.
And Real is one of the more thug teams. Personally, I hate thug soccer, which is why I prefer the finesse of Barca.
But to each their own!
The MLS is one of the most overrated and hyped up leagues. I'm not even joking. All they are good at is exaggerating how Beckham and Henry are sooo good.
Beckham is terrible. I think my absolute fav moment from last season was watching Beckham head the ball, then COMPLETELY STOP for a second to fix his hair before continuing down the field with the rest of his team. It was like soccer, soccer soccer soccer
soccer soccer soccer. And no joke, he actually did that exact head flip.
But I'm not sure how the hell you get 'overrated and hyped up'. Everyone openly admits that the MLS is just not on the same level of soccer as, let's say, anywhere else in the world. That doesn't mean they're not fun to watch, just as college football is still enjoyable even though they're a completely lower caliber of play than the pros. And part of that is having home teams and a community feel. Noticing how many people around town wear black and blue on a game day is an AWESOME feeling, and going to the games in person is really fun. I would never argue that the MLS is a soccer powerhouse, but I don't see how you can just discount the entire league because there are a few overhyped stars out there...or should I start listing overhyped NFL players and therefore label that entire league as stupid too?
I can't really get into european football, because I don't have a team. It wouldn't mean anything to me...who the hell am I supposed to follow? Why would I care? I don't have anyone who lives in the area who I can trash talk with about the league, and I'd either pick my own team out of a hat, or just choose what I considered to be the 'best' one. That's not as enjoyable. I don't really follow sports; I follow the Pats, the Niners, and to a lesser extent the Redskins. Why? Because I've lived in all of those places and those are my family teams. I also pay attention to the Chargers cuz they're my dad's team and the Giants cuz they're my buddy's, and I like to trash talk. In soccer I am a Quakes fan (used to be United) and I pay a lot of attention to the Revolution so I can call up my uncle when they play one of my teams. The rest I could care less about. I realize that a lot of people don't need the team feel, but I personally think it adds a lot to the experience. So imo, the MLS offers something that no Euro league is ever going to for me.

Also, I really hate when teams don't even have names.
Last edited:
Beckham is terrible. I think my absolute fav moment from last season was watching Beckham head the ball, then COMPLETELY STOP for a second to fix his hair before continuing down the field with the rest of his team. It was like soccer, soccer soccer soccer
![]()
soccer soccer soccer. And no joke, he actually did that exact head flip.



For me, I have some ties. My friend/coworker and I watch soccer together all the time. She's from Argentina and her father lived in Spain for a long time, so we're fans of Argentinian and Spanish players, so Man City and Barca are pretty high on the list. Plus, they play some really excellent soccer. My family is from Germany, so Bayern are really fun to watch, although that's not necessarily the area of Germany we're from. But if you visit Germany, you'll find that the Bayern swag is way more common than the local swag almost anywhere you go.

For me, I have some ties. My friend/coworker and I watch soccer together all the time. She's from Argentina and her father lived in Spain for a long time, so we're fans of Argentinian and Spanish players, so Man City and Barca are pretty high on the list. Plus, they play some really excellent soccer. My family is from Germany, so Bayern are really fun to watch, although that's not necessarily the area of Germany we're from. But if you visit Germany, you'll find that the Bayern swag is way more common than the local swag almost anywhere you go.![]()
Kind of funny how availability of swag can influence who you like. Lol
Kind of funny how availability of swag can influence who you like. Lol
I think she was more responding to my insistence on having people around you repping the local team!
...and college football is worthless cuz it's not the NFL?
Not being the best doesn't make it less fun to watch, which is really all that matters!
college football sucks because my school didn't have a team for me to root for 😡
Hey All,
When do schools host the majority of their interviews--Fridays or Mondays?
Planning out my classes for Fall of 2013 and as I'm not that strong of an applicant, I expect most interviews (if any) to be in late October/early November.
Am wondering if I should schedule most of my classes for the middle of the week or not.
Thanks!
When do schools host the majority of their interviews--Fridays or Mondays?
Planning out my classes for Fall of 2013 and as I'm not that strong of an applicant, I expect most interviews (if any) to be in late October/early November.
Am wondering if I should schedule most of my classes for the middle of the week or not.
Thanks!
4
487806
Beckham is terrible. I think my absolute fav moment from last season was watching Beckham head the ball, then COMPLETELY STOP for a second to fix his hair before continuing down the field with the rest of his team. It was like soccer, soccer soccer soccer
![]()
soccer soccer soccer. And no joke, he actually did that exact head flip.
But I'm not sure how the hell you get 'overrated and hyped up'. Everyone openly admits that the MLS is just not on the same level of soccer as, let's say, anywhere else in the world. That doesn't mean they're not fun to watch, just as college football is still enjoyable even though they're a completely lower caliber of play than the pros. And part of that is having home teams and a community feel. Noticing how many people around town wear black and blue on a game day is an AWESOME feeling, and going to the games in person is really fun. I would never argue that the MLS is a soccer powerhouse, but I don't see how you can just discount the entire league because there are a few overhyped stars out there...or should I start listing overhyped NFL players and therefore label that entire league as stupid too?
I can't really get into european football, because I don't have a team. It wouldn't mean anything to me...who the hell am I supposed to follow? Why would I care? I don't have anyone who lives in the area who I can trash talk with about the league, and I'd either pick my own team out of a hat, or just choose what I considered to be the 'best' one. That's not as enjoyable. I don't really follow sports; I follow the Pats, the Niners, and to a lesser extent the Redskins. Why? Because I've lived in all of those places and those are my family teams. I also pay attention to the Chargers cuz they're my dad's team and the Giants cuz they're my buddy's, and I like to trash talk. In soccer I am a Quakes fan (used to be United) and I pay a lot of attention to the Revolution so I can call up my uncle when they play one of my teams. The rest I could care less about. I realize that a lot of people don't need the team feel, but I personally think it adds a lot to the experience. So imo, the MLS offers something that no Euro league is ever going to for me.
Also, I really hate when teams don't even have names.
Just watch the Champions' League and enjoy.
I think she was more responding to my insistence on having people around you repping the local team!

college football sucks because my school didn't have a team for me to root for 😡
College football >>>>>>>>>>>>>> college basketball (March Madness is overrated)
![]()
Just watch the Champions' League and enjoy.
Right, but, see...I wouldn't enjoy it. Which was my point.
4
487806
Right, but, see...I wouldn't enjoy it. Which was my point.
Why not? Just watch for fun regardless of which team is playing.
Why not? Just watch for fun regardless of which team is playing.
It'd be missing at least half of what makes competition so exciting! I wouldn't mind watching it if it was on, but I'm not going to seek it out if I feel no connection with either team. Then I always end up just rooting for the one with the best uniforms, and imo most of the Euro teams have ugly unis anyway!
Why not? Just watch for fun regardless of which team is playing.
but soccer isn't fun.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4
487806
It'd be missing at least half of what makes competition so exciting! I wouldn't mind watching it if it was on, but I'm not going to seek it out if I feel no connection with either team. Then I always end up just rooting for the one with the best uniforms, and imo most of the Euro teams have ugly unis anyway!
Go away.
:cry::cry::cry:
:cry::cry::cry:
:cry::cry::cry:
but soccer isn't fun.
![]()
Bro, do you even lift?
Why is the mcat so discouraging
I really liked Calc 1 & 2 😀 Majoring in Math did cross my mind....
Why is the mcat so discouraging
It sucks. Treat yourself while studying, find ways to remember why you are doing it...

Why is the mcat so discouraging
because PS that's why.
4
487806
Agent B, what are you hobbies?
I can reply for him. SDN.
4
487806
I can reply for him. SDN.
Only because you never posted a drawing gif.
well people enjoy all sorts of awful, painful things. I think the term for it is masochism
Hey All,
When do schools host the majority of their interviews--Fridays or Mondays?
Planning out my classes for Fall of 2013 and as I'm not that strong of an applicant, I expect most interviews (if any) to be in late October/early November.
Am wondering if I should schedule most of my classes for the middle of the week or not.
Thanks!
Most schools schedule them through the entire week. There's no way to predict what day you'll get unless you apply to and interview at a school like Charles Drew U, which only interviews on Saturdays. Just be up front with your professors and give them notice the day you receive the invite. Most schools will give you several dates from which to choose.
Also, don't try to guess when your interviews will take place. Even extraordinary applicants interview into the following year just as mediocre applicants (like myself) can land interviews July through September.
Good luck!!!

4
487806
well people enjoy all sorts of awful, painful things. I think the term for it is masochism![]()
👍
Most schools schedule them through the entire week. There's no way to predict what day you'll get unless you apply to and interview at a school like Charles Drew U, which only interviews on Saturdays. Just be up front with your professors and give them notice the day you receive the invite. Most schools will give you several dates from which to choose.
Also, don't try to guess when your interviews will take place. Even extraordinary applicants interview into the following year just as mediocre applicants (like myself) can land interviews July through September.
Good luck!!!![]()
Interesitng--thanks for taking the time to answer Guero. Best of luck in Med School.
Ugh Harvard ruined my bracket, that school isn't supposed to be good at basketball and be super smart, it not fair. 😡 





Kind of funny how availability of swag can influence who you like. Lol
Nah, I'm just pointing out that people all over Germany like Bayern, even if they aren't from Bavaria.
It'd be missing at least half of what makes competition so exciting! I wouldn't mind watching it if it was on, but I'm not going to seek it out if I feel no connection with either team. Then I always end up just rooting for the one with the best uniforms, and imo most of the Euro teams have ugly unis anyway!
Wearing this jersey right now and I FEEL BEAUTIFUL 😀
Why is the mcat so discouraging
It's to ensure you feel properly miserable and your self confidence is so low that when you're given interviews you will praise them for liking you. At least that's how it felt when I was going through my season!
OK, wow, I'm not gonna lie, that one is GORGEOUS!! Love the color, and also that it's not infested with tons of stripes! 😍![]()
Wearing this jersey right now and I FEEL BEAUTIFUL 😀
It still has a meh crest-thingie, but it's not as prominent as a lot of them are!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
4
487806
OK, wow, I'm not gonna lie, that one is GORGEOUS!! Love the color, and also that it's not infested with tons of stripes! 😍
It still has a meh crest-thingie, but it's not as prominent as a lot of them are!
😍😍😍😍
4
487806
Nah, I'm just pointing out that people all over Germany like Bayern, even if they aren't from Bavaria.
![]()
Wearing this jersey right now and I FEEL BEAUTIFUL 😀
It's to ensure you feel properly miserable and your self confidence is so low that when you're given interviews you will praise them for liking you. At least that's how it felt when I was going through my season!
😍😍😍😍
Top!
Mwuahahaha!
Mwuahahaha!
4
487806
Ugh Harvard ruined my bracket, that school isn't supposed to be good at basketball and be super smart, it not fair. 😡![]()




4
487806
Top!
Mwuahahaha!
nope
Similar threads
- Replies
- 87
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 107K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K



=







