Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
We made a rookie mistake. We told our kids that none of those things are real from the get go.
This really resonates with me.Gonna go on a personal rant because this surely is the best place to do it but, damn is it hard to not feel like **** about yourself sometimes throughout the process. To everyone you're a worthless premed who hasn't accomplished anything of note, and it just feels awful. I feel lost with the threads here of folks having 3.8's, multiple pubs, amazing experiences, which just leave me feeling mediocre and worthless. Just mostly ranting because I got a piss poor test grade in what should've been an easy class and feel disappointing. I just really wanted this semester to go well, and it's been the exact opposite.
I did bad my freshman year of college, then did better soph year ( 3.5 ish sci gpa) and then I have junior and senior year ahead of me. I took Orgo I and genetics soph year, and I took my first grad level class last semester, along with orgo II. It looks like I'll end up with the same gpa this year, so it'll be a stagnate, instead of continuing to improve. And I don't know how senior year will turn out.
I was talking to my micro prof, who is on the pre health committee, and I said I'm pre med hopeful and he asked if my gpa was above a 3.8, which it obviously won't be. He then said , albeit jokingly, if I've considered pharma? And I was like " No...just MD or DO..." and he said that DO is " settling for less" I mean wut.
That's just...stressful. He also said GPA> MCAT while I always thought it's at least GPA=MCAT if not MCAT>GPA. So I mean.
This really resonates with me.
I did bad my freshman year of college, then did better soph year ( 3.5 ish sci gpa) and then I have junior and senior year ahead of me. I took Orgo I and genetics soph year, and I took my first grad level class last semester, along with orgo II. It looks like I'll end up with the same gpa this year, so it'll be a stagnate, instead of continuing to improve. And I don't know how senior year will turn out.
I was talking to my micro prof, who is on the pre health committee, and I said I'm pre med hopeful and he asked if my gpa was above a 3.8, which it obviously won't be. He then said , albeit jokingly, if I've considered pharma? And I was like " No...just MD or DO..." and he said that DO is " settling for less" I mean wut.
That's just...stressful. He also said GPA> MCAT while I always thought it's at least GPA=MCAT if not MCAT>GPA. So I mean.
Sounds like yet another example of a terrible committee member.
I mean...he could have been joking.Sounds like yet another example of a terrible committee member.
And I've heard from many people that While Dr. X and Dr. Y say things like that, it's just to motivate students and to bring how hard getting into Medical school is into perspective. Not that they'll actually turn you down. And I know I can still apply even if they do.
OHHH GOODNESS. If I had a dollar...
OHHH GOODNESS. If I had a dollar...
Except it’s actually okay to precede a conjunction with a semicolon if the conjunction precedes and complete thought and the semicolon is joining it to another complete thought.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Example?Except it’s actually okay to precede a conjunction with a semicolon if the conjunction precedes and complete thought and the semicolon is joining it to another complete thought.
Example?
If you want me to go see Black Panther with you tonight, you'll have to help me with this paper; and if you say no, I'll know you don't really care if I come with you or not.
Eh, I'd just opt for the period and omit the conjunction. I see what you're saying though.If you want me to go see Black Panther with you tonight, you'll have to help me with this paper; and if you say no, I'll know you don't really care if I come with you or not.
Eh, I'd just opt for the period and omit the conjunction. I see what you're saying though.
Neither is more correct. It's just preference in writing style. People tend to shy away from semicolons because they're not common in every day writing.
Since there is no other place to post my ****ty memes, I'll post this here!
Since there is no other place to post my ****ty memes, I'll post this here!View attachment 230091
https://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-sdn-meme-repository.1287752/
Also, good one 👍
Since there is no other place to post my ****ty memes, I'll post this here!
Holisthicc content!
There’s no actual consensus on the number for each, since different facial expressions may constitute a frown or a smile, but apparently the bare minimum would be 10 muscles to smile and only 6 to frown. Hence resting bitch face.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Technically correct man points out that the v for frequency is actually the letter nu, so they wouldn’t sound the same spoken.
Technically correct man points out that the v for frequency is actually the letter nu, so they wouldn’t sound the same spoken.
I just use f for frequency. I like to minimize Greek letters where I can.
I love writing Greek letters unless they're ambiguous and can be confused for italics or something.I just use f for frequency. I like to minimize Greek letters where I can.
I just use f for frequency. I like to minimize Greek letters where I can.
I love writing Greek letters unless they're ambiguous and can be confused for italics or something.
Same here. I use f for frequency because of the ambiguity between v and nu.
Courtesy of /sci/
@HomeSkool @Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @wholeheartedly @radiculating spines @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho dogs bump!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K