Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@gyngyn @HomeSkool @DokterMom bump!

09361180cd4d0130f2cc001dd8b71c47

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gonna go on a personal rant because this surely is the best place to do it but, damn is it hard to not feel like **** about yourself sometimes throughout the process. To everyone you're a worthless premed who hasn't accomplished anything of note, and it just feels awful. I feel lost with the threads here of folks having 3.8's, multiple pubs, amazing experiences, which just leave me feeling mediocre and worthless. Just mostly ranting because I got a piss poor test grade in what should've been an easy class and feel disappointing. I just really wanted this semester to go well, and it's been the exact opposite.
This really resonates with me.
I did bad my freshman year of college, then did better soph year ( 3.5 ish sci gpa) and then I have junior and senior year ahead of me. I took Orgo I and genetics soph year, and I took my first grad level class last semester, along with orgo II. It looks like I'll end up with the same gpa this year, so it'll be a stagnate, instead of continuing to improve. And I don't know how senior year will turn out.
I was talking to my micro prof, who is on the pre health committee, and I said I'm pre med hopeful and he asked if my gpa was above a 3.8, which it obviously won't be. He then said , albeit jokingly, if I've considered pharma? And I was like " No...just MD or DO..." and he said that DO is " settling for less" I mean wut.
That's just...stressful. He also said GPA> MCAT while I always thought it's at least GPA=MCAT if not MCAT>GPA. So I mean.

This really resonates with me.
I did bad my freshman year of college, then did better soph year ( 3.5 ish sci gpa) and then I have junior and senior year ahead of me. I took Orgo I and genetics soph year, and I took my first grad level class last semester, along with orgo II. It looks like I'll end up with the same gpa this year, so it'll be a stagnate, instead of continuing to improve. And I don't know how senior year will turn out.
I was talking to my micro prof, who is on the pre health committee, and I said I'm pre med hopeful and he asked if my gpa was above a 3.8, which it obviously won't be. He then said , albeit jokingly, if I've considered pharma? And I was like " No...just MD or DO..." and he said that DO is " settling for less" I mean wut.
That's just...stressful. He also said GPA> MCAT while I always thought it's at least GPA=MCAT if not MCAT>GPA. So I mean.

Sounds like yet another example of a terrible committee member.

Sounds like yet another example of a terrible committee member.
I mean...he could have been joking.
And I've heard from many people that While Dr. X and Dr. Y say things like that, it's just to motivate students and to bring how hard getting into Medical school is into perspective. Not that they'll actually turn you down. And I know I can still apply even if they do.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you want me to go see Black Panther with you tonight, you'll have to help me with this paper; and if you say no, I'll know you don't really care if I come with you or not.
Eh, I'd just opt for the period and omit the conjunction. I see what you're saying though.

There’s no actual consensus on the number for each, since different facial expressions may constitute a frown or a smile, but apparently the bare minimum would be 10 muscles to smile and only 6 to frown. Hence resting bitch face.

Reactions: 1 user
I just use f for frequency. I like to minimize Greek letters where I can.
I love writing Greek letters unless they're ambiguous and can be confused for italics or something.

Reactions: 1 user
I just use f for frequency. I like to minimize Greek letters where I can.

I love writing Greek letters unless they're ambiguous and can be confused for italics or something.

Same here. I use f for frequency because of the ambiguity between v and nu.