Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
crappy black coffee is the best kind of coffee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
posted elsewhere, but I keep laughing at it so will also put it here:
![]()
Since you brought it here, I will continue the conversation. Coffee is disgusting. I have had exactly one cup of coffee that I have liked in my entire life, and it was Turkish coffee made by Bedouins in the desert outside of Masada. So apparently, my coffee has to be as hipster as it can be in order for me to like it.
That is literally the most hipster thing I've read this month so thank you for self-identifying itSince you brought it here, I will continue the conversation. Coffee is disgusting. I have had exactly one cup of coffee that I have liked in my entire life, and it was Turkish coffee made by Bedouins in the desert outside of Masada. So apparently, my coffee has to be as hipster as it can be in order for me to like it.

My coffee habit started because my parents drink it- I used to have it occasionally with tons of cream and sugar. Then, it became more of a usual thing towards the end of high school, and now I get a headache if I don't drink it

My typical cup now is with a little milk- I actually don't drink black coffee, I just think that comic is great. Most days it's just part of my wakeup call, but there are some truly delicious cups of coffee out there. And the smell in those coffee shops.... fantastic. I'm a well conditioned animal and I accept it. Plus, good coffee after a big meal + a chocolate dessert is unbeatable.
Glad you enjoy it. I just don’t like it.
How in the world did/do you get through the navy, having kids, working in the OR, and med school WITHOUT coffee... I am thoroughly impressed.Glad you enjoy it. I just don’t like it.
How in the world did/do you get through the navy, having kids, working in the OR, and med school WITHOUT coffee... I am thoroughly impressed.
Lol. Not having to rely on coffee or energy drinks is a huge bonus in the Navy for when the ship store inevitably runs out on deployment or the coffee machine on the mess line breaks.
You have no idea how hard I tried to get into the habit of drinking coffee. I've only managed to get through a couple of sips. I had to find another way to keep awake.Glad you enjoy it. I just don’t like it.
Ps drinking cold water does good for a while.
You have no idea how hard I tried to get into the habit of drinking coffee. I've only managed to get through a couple of sips. I had to find another way to keep awake.
Ps drinking cold water does good for a while.
They made us drink like 80 oz of water overnight in boot camp on the nights we had to stay awake all night. Having to pee and constantly drink helps, but people still passed out lol.
Yeah, I usually drank water when I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. That usually kept me more alert for about 5 minutes before I was fighting to keep my eyes open again but its better than nothing.They made us drink like 80 oz of water overnight in boot camp on the nights we had to stay awake all night. Having to pee and constantly drink helps, but people still passed out lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @TheBiologist @Ms Procrastinator @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho headphones bump! 
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @TheBiologist @Ms Procrastinator @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho headphones bump!
![]()
They forgot the “I don’t want anyone to talk to me so I have my headphones on but I’m not actually listening to anything.”
I would purposely not shave and look as fearsome and angry as I could when I used to live in the big city so that way nobody would bother me on my late walks home.They forgot the “I don’t want anyone to talk to me so I have my headphones on but I’m not actually listening to anything.”
I would purposely not shave and look as fearsome and angry as I could when I used to live in the big city so that way nobody would bother me on my late walks home.
Before I joined the Navy, I was pretty skinny and definitely an easy target. When I lived in the city, I stayed at this girl’s house one night near Columbia. We went to this bodega at like 0400, and I noticed this big guy in a hoodie walking behind us. I saw something in a movie where they quickly changed directions to see if they were being followed, so I had us cross the street and turn around.
Well, the dude followed us, so we were sure he was going to try to rob us. Well, while I was thinking of an escape plan, she pulled out this huge knife and flashed it at him. He spun on his heels and took the F off. I was like dayum lol.
This is funny but this comic is like....Americans in a Nutshell ^ TM
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is funny but this comic is like....Americans in a Nutshell ^ TM
Have you been to Japan?
I have not.Have you been to Japan?
I'm just thinking of the girls in middle school who said my eye brows were too thick, and are now filling in their non existant brows with makeup...( not exactly the topic of the comic but just shows the cycle if ignorance).
I have not.
I'm just thinking of the girls in middle school who said my eye brows were too thick, and are now filling in their non existant brows with makeup...( not exactly the topic of the comic but just shows the cycle if ignorance).
They adopt Western culture like it's going out of style.
@Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @TheBiologist @Robin-jay @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho bump!
And a @HomeSkool surprise!
And a @HomeSkool surprise!
Woo! I had my SDN anniversary on Monday.
@HomeSkool @Matthew9Thirtyfive @freak7 @TheBiologist @libertyyne @JoaoMoutinho bump!
And a bonus comic for @goatmed and @ekmf27050
And a bonus comic for @goatmed and @ekmf27050

I had a math prof once that could put a rabid hyena to sleep with his lectures. One time when I was just barely paying attention he re-labeled m as M and then he turned around and said "to maximize confusion" and smirked.
7
787593
Best Pre-workout?
I've already tried C4 ultimate. Didn't quite get the job done.
I've already tried C4 ultimate. Didn't quite get the job done.
For some reason I follow lots of plastic surgeons on ig and EVERYTIME my coworker talks to me while I'm on my phone a picture will pop up out of nowhere of boobs or butt or women in tiny underwear and nothing else. I swear she must think I watch porn on my breaks.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You're a really talented writer.
I'm very flattered. Thank you!You're a really talented writer.
Sent from my Pixel 2 using SDN mobile
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K