Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was unaware of what has been happening in this thread. Haven;t been checking this as of late.
Just saw the map above

Yeah I would have thought Oregon was closer to Ohio.
and Wisconsin was closer to Washington.
Idk they all seem like a jumble to me LOL
#mybad
Now we need you to do it. Please, friend. Gimme some of that geography knowledge.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wHaT aStRoLoGiCaL sIgN aRe YoU?

I’m a sagittarius, which gives me an excuse to be flighty. /s
omg same. I didn't use to identify with it, thought I was more of a pisces...but I just looked it up again and I guess it's not that far off. aSTrolOgY.

I just realized that I like... don't associate with people this young in real life. Except for during interviews I guess. And my classmates starting next year.
I feel like, up to a certain age, the biggest division is amount of time spent outside of college. I have been friends with plenty of people older and younger than me in work, but all have spent time living life outside of college. It's a significant life marker.
 
omg same. I didn't use to identify with it, thought I was more of a pisces...but I just looked it up again and I guess it's not that far off. aSTrolOgY.


I feel like, up to a certain age, the biggest division is amount of time spent outside of college. I have been friends with plenty of people older and younger than me in work, but all have spent time living life outside of college. It's a significant life marker.
This is very true. It was actually the basis of my Dartmouth "other" essay lol
 
The second quiz made me realize that a few of the places that I thought were countries were actually not, weird.
1570137046838.png


So....I am really bad at equatorial countries. Had to pull up a map to figure out that half the countries I know are actually cities or regions lol
 
View attachment 282251

So....I am really bad at equatorial countries. Had to pull up a map to figure out that half the countries I know are actually cities or regions lol
I got 76 I think. Which was 38%. I got all of the Caribbean and most of Africa. I got some of europe and asia. I didn't get any of the stans. It's funny how the only two parts of the Caribbean you got was Jamaica and Cuba :laugh:. Other Caribbean countries always complain about that. Not even the Bahamas memes it's practically the US, that's cold.
 
I got 76 I think. Which was 38%. I got all of the Caribbean and most of Africa. I got some of europe and asia. I didn't get any of the stans. It's funny how the only two parts of the Caribbean you got was Jamaica and Cuba :laugh:. Other Caribbean countries always complain about that. Not even the Bahamas memes it's practically the US, that's cold.
Haha haha funny enough, I have been to like 6 Caribbean countries...
 
Idk what last years applicant SDN crew was like, but I've said it once and I'll say it again:

This years SDN crew would be a pretty cool matriculation class if we could all attend the same school. I like yall. Now quick, everyone lets all apply somewhere together!
Wait a minute! Why am I hearting this? I'm not of your year!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got 76 I think. Which was 38%. I got all of the Caribbean and most of Africa. I got some of europe and asia. I didn't get any of the stans. It's funny how the only two parts of the Caribbean you got was Jamaica and Cuba :laugh:. Other Caribbean countries always complain about that. Not even the Bahamas memes it's practically the US, that's cold.
LOL I know a good amount of Europe from visiting, I know the middle east quite well from my Arabic lessons for the military, I know south America from Spanish class, I know Asia from Planet Earth documentary series and being an avid mountain climber fanboy....
 
Is it pretentious to be walking around the campus of my no name school in pajamas and a Harvard sweater?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys!
I was on my way back from the dentist ( mom was driving me bc I thought I may need a filling and what if I feel weird afterward) and I saw. The cutest.baby. He was in a double stroller with mommy and a slightly older sister and he was so round. And he had a little hoodie and blankie on him. And his face was so round and pink and he a round little nose and one of those hats that fasten under the chin and was smiling and waving his little arms and legs andaaaaahhhhhhhhh 😍😍😍 If anything is setting off baby fever and I'm only 22...

Also, do you guys ever think. In undergrad you get long breaks for summer/winter so you can go back home to your parents ( you haven't totally ejected from the house yet at that stage, ya know?)But if I go away for med school I will only be back for like those little breaks more like HS length.
 
Guys!
I was on my way back from the dentist ( mom was driving me bc I thought I may need a filling and what if I feel weird afterward) and I saw. The cutest.baby. He was in a double stroller with mommy and a slightly older sister and he was so round. And he had a little hoodie and blankie on him. And his face was so round and pink and he a round little nose and one of those hats that fasten under the chin and was smiling and waving his little arms and legs andaaaaahhhhhhhhh 😍😍😍 If anything is setting off baby fever and I'm only 22...

Also, do you guys ever think. In undergrad you get long breaks for summer/winter so you can go back home to your parents ( you haven't totally ejected from the house yet at that stage, ya know?)But if I go away for med school I will only be back for like those little breaks more like HS length.
No, because I am an adult and am busy with school. If they wanna see me, they can come to Ann Arbor/Boston/Chicago/Cleveland
 
Also, do you guys ever think. In undergrad you get long breaks for summer/winter so you can go back home to your parents ( you haven't totally ejected from the house yet at that stage, ya know?)But if I go away for med school I will only be back for like those little breaks more like HS length.

Ill be going back for thanksgiving xmas yearly and probably the first couple weeks after M1 then as I can after that we will be busy!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Guys!
I was on my way back from the dentist ( mom was driving me bc I thought I may need a filling and what if I feel weird afterward) and I saw. The cutest.baby. He was in a double stroller with mommy and a slightly older sister and he was so round. And he had a little hoodie and blankie on him. And his face was so round and pink and he a round little nose and one of those hats that fasten under the chin and was smiling and waving his little arms and legs andaaaaahhhhhhhhh 😍😍😍 If anything is setting off baby fever and I'm only 22...

Also, do you guys ever think. In undergrad you get long breaks for summer/winter so you can go back home to your parents ( you haven't totally ejected from the house yet at that stage, ya know?)But if I go away for med school I will only be back for like those little breaks more like HS length.

Family??? I have no family, I was raised by wolves. They taught me how to move through the cloak of darkness, and to live my life with a low carbon footprint.

(But I think majors holidays will be the only visits)

Also +1 for the baby, kids are the best 🙂
 
Family??? I have no family, I was raised by wolves. They taught me how to move through the cloak of darkness, and to live my life with a low carbon footprint.

(But I think majors holidays will be the only visits)

Also +1 for the baby, kids are the best 🙂
If any of y’all love kids and get an interview at University of Michigan then you should totally matriculate to Michigan because I had a kid and I would also like to maintain date nights #freebabysitter