You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*
Started by mmmcdowe
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
😵What day is it?
We'll start with this sporcle quiz and work our way up to this one.Jeremy will need to teach us all world geography by the end of the month.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IT'S OCTOBER 3RD!!!!!!!
Anyone? Anyone? Cady? Bueller? Anyone?
Where are you? Do they make their own onion rings or are they out of a bag? Shoestring or fat ones? Onion rings are far superior to French fries when they’re made correctly, but bad French fries are sort of enjoyable while bad onion rings are just sad. These are all critical questions
You mean mean girls day?IT'S OCTOBER 3RD!!!!!!!
Anyone? Anyone? Cady? Bueller? Anyone?
Yes! The fetchest day of the year (besides my birthday, but that's depressing now that I'm old haha)You mean mean girls day?
D
deleted972488
I got 100% on the first one on the first try! That's one benefit of having lived everywhere.We'll start with this sporcle quiz and work our way up to this one.
Good decision. I'll order what you order from now on.
Please report back on your progress on the world one. When you get 100%, I'm legally required to marry you.I got 100% on the first one on the first try! That's one benefit of having lived everywhere.
It's decent. It tastes like you'd expect fast food in texas to taste. I still prefer in 'n out...I am visiting a friend in Austin soon, so I will definitely be hitting up Whataburger while I'm there.
They're not badHow are they?
I stan this SO MUCH. 2 of my favorite SDNers!Please report back on your progress on the world one. When you get 100%, I'm legally required to marry you.
I want a group Geoguessr tourneyWe'll start with this sporcle quiz and work our way up to this one.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Actually these are the kickersPlease report back on your progress on the world one. When you get 100%, I'm legally required to marry you.
Name the countries of the world without a map or your own progress
Find the countries of the world with no borders without making a mistake
United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru!
This song is still relatively up to date. I used to to memorize all of the countries for AP Geo. I got a 5 on that test. Thanks, animaniacs!
Edit: After watching, it's definitely a bit out of date. Still great, though!
United States, Canada, Mexico, Panama, Haiti, Jamaica, Peru!
Edit: After watching, it's definitely a bit out of date. Still great, though!
Hahahah definitely out of date by now, but still a solid tune! Plus it's fun to be able to date a map by what countries are on it 🙂
I got 100% on the first one on the first try! That's one benefit of having lived everywhere.
Now try this one! Finishing this sporcle quiz for the first time made me feel very powerful.
D
deleted972488
I only got 71/197 on the world one. 🙁 PATHETIC.Please report back on your progress on the world one. When you get 100%, I'm legally required to marry you.
It's decent. It tastes like you'd expect fast food in texas to taste. I still prefer in 'n out...
I have never actually tried in 'n out. Definitely on my bucket list.
that's a solid oneNow try this one! Finishing this sporcle quiz for the first time made me feel very powerful.
You'll get there I believe in you!!!!I only got 71/197 on the world one. 🙁 PATHETIC.
9
907914
Be glad that you have the experience of working full time. Even then, you only have two gap years.....The majority of applicants either go straight through or work a year in a not-so-real job like scribe or research (ie. What they did during undergrad continued) and I think it really shows in residency. When residency is 90% of matriculants first real job, I think that really has a huge imopact factor towards why physician unhappiness and resident burnout is so high. I think people conflate not liking medicine with not liking working.Hahaha, that's fair, it's only been about a year and a half. Even though it's been a short amount of time, working full time feels very different than being in school.
Be glad that you have the experience of working full time. Even then, you only have two gap years.....The majority of applicants either go straight through or work a year in a not-so-real job like scribe or research (ie. What they did during undergrad continued) and I think it really shows in residency. When residency is 90% of matriculants first real job, I think that really has a huge imopact factor towards why physician unhappiness and resident burnout is so high. I think people conflate not liking medicine with not liking working.
(omg I'm full of dated references today...)
9
907914
that's a solid one
View attachment 282241
First try. Did't realize I knew where all the states were. Had to guess on Maryland and Mississippi.
Timer is 5:19 left - so took me 1 minute 41 seconds.
There's an AAMC FL 4 now. *rasberry* Why didn't they release this last year....
9
907914
Anyone wanna YOLO that 35 bucks and have a competition sometime soon?There's an AAMC FL 4 now. *rasberry* Why didn't they release this last year....
Scribe-ing is actually a pretty good way to be prepared for what the day of a med student/resident will bring ( lots of scut work, etc.). Lot's of focus and work in a short period of time, sometimes being treated crappy. If anything it's the exact sort of job where you can look at what medicine can bring.Be glad that you have the experience of working full time. Even then, you only have two gap years.....The majority of applicants either go straight through or work a year in a not-so-real job like scribe or research (ie. What they did during undergrad continued) and I think it really shows in residency. When residency is 90% of matriculants first real job, I think that really has a huge imopact factor towards why physician unhappiness and resident burnout is so high. I think people conflate not liking medicine with not liking working.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You mean take the thing? After I already did my MCAT?Anyone wanna YOLO that 35 bucks and have a competition sometime soon?
D
deleted972488
That was my immediate thought. "Hmm maybe I should take it and see how much I've retained."Anyone wanna YOLO that 35 bucks and have a competition sometime soon?
NO. I don't have the 35 dollars or the time to spare.
9
907914
Yah....Like, we all sign up for it to help establish what the FL4 is like compared to the real deal and help those getting ready to practice get a better idea of how it will correlate to their score.You mean take the thing? After I already did my MCAT?
9
907914
Join me, bruddah.That was my immediate thought. "Hmm maybe I should take it and see how much I've retained."
NO. I don't have the 35 dollars or the time to spare.
D
deleted972488
But I haven't studied for this test for 7 months. Surely I've forgotten some things.Yah....Like, we all sign up for it to help establish what the FL4 is like compared to the real deal and help those getting ready to practice get a better idea of how it will correlate to their score.
9
907914
LOL as if you need to know information for the MCAT. #readingcomprehensionBut I haven't studied for this test for 7 months. Surely I've forgotten some things.
More for me! 😀😛There's an AAMC FL 4 now. *rasberry* Why didn't they release this last year....
9
907914
Agreed, if I went to sit for the MCAT today I would likely score in the 515-518 range. I am still undergrad so a lot of the info pops up in classes, but my P/S would probably CRASH.You have to know a few formulas, amino acid structures/names, psychological theories, etc. None of that has been useful for me in the last 7 months.
Considering I took mine oh about 2.5 years agoAnyone wanna YOLO that 35 bucks and have a competition sometime soon?
9
907914
Are you older than me? I think of all these folks as kids....Considering I took oh about 2.5 years ago
View attachment 282248
Bro we're the same age. Month to month, not sure who's older. What year are you born?Are you older than me? I think of all these folks as kids....
9
907914
April 95'Bro we're the same age. Month to month, not sure who's older. What year are you born?
I think I did good considering that my US geography teacher's Hollywood movies. A lot were educated guesses though. It would have been mighty embarrassing to get South Dakota wrong after I got North Dakota wrong 😀
Yes I am older than you, about half a yearApril 95'
9
907914
Delete the picture! It will make it easier for @EngrailedI think I did good considering that my US geography teacher's Hollywood movies. A lot were educated guesses though. It would have been mighty embarrassing to get South Dakota wrong after I got North Dakota wrong 😀
Sweety, you are who we are waiting for lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
9
907914
Happy birthday later this month then!Yes I am older than you, about half a year
~about~ half a yearHappy birthday later this month then!
But thank you in general 😍
9
907914
When my wife turned 25, I asked her "So how is to be closer to 50 than birth?" She did not enjoy.~about~ half a year
But thank you in general 😍
Delete the picture! It will make it easier for @Engrailed
Sweety, you are who we are waiting for lol
I was unaware of what has been happening in this thread. Haven;t been checking this as of late.
Just saw the map above
Yeah I would have thought Oregon was closer to Ohio.
and Wisconsin was closer to Washington.
Idk they all seem like a jumble to me LOL
#mybad
Huh. I thought '94.April 95'
I was close tho.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 98
- Views
- 26K
