Forum Members *~*~*~*~Official Pre-Allo Social Thread~*~*~*~*

Started by mmmcdowe
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Okay you guys I need your help with something very important. Do I get waffle fries, regular fries or onion rings? I've never had onion rings and want to try it but do want to waste my money if it sucks. Do you guys think it's despicable? I know tastebuds differ and all, but rate the above mentioned fries from 1-3 with 1 being the best.

Waffle fries 100%. Onion rings are just gross breading around a slimy cooked onion. Yuck.
 
Okay you guys I need your help with something very important. Do I get waffle fries, regular fries or onion rings? I've never had onion rings and want to try it but do want to waste my money if it sucks. Do you guys think it's despicable? I know tastebuds differ and all, but rate the above mentioned fries from 1-3 with 1 being the best.
Where are you? Do they make their own onion rings or are they out of a bag? Shoestring or fat ones? Onion rings are far superior to French fries when they’re made correctly, but bad French fries are sort of enjoyable while bad onion rings are just sad. These are all critical questions
 
So, helicopter services actually used to routinely service Manhatten. That is why so many skyscrapers built in the 50s-70s have flat roofs or a helipad. The services ran around 3 dozen routes. They fell out of service after an accident in which one copter had a blade op off and chop passengers up. This brought to light how the aircraft were being over worked and went without maintenance. This new service by Uber is actually just bringing a decades old concept back to life but with better technology and more oversight.
I know but the concept uber air is kind of crazy to think about. I mostly picture rich people using helicopter services. Don't know that much about Manhattan or New York.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where are you? Do they make their own onion rings or are they out of a bag? Shoestring or fat ones? Onion rings are far superior to French fries when they’re made correctly, but bad French fries are sort of enjoyable while bad onion rings are just sad. These are all critical questions
Mass. I think they get them out of a bag but idk. They're fat ones
 
Okay you guys I need your help with something very important. Do I get waffle fries, regular fries or onion rings? I've never had onion rings and want to try it but do want to waste my money if it sucks. Do you guys think it's despicable? I know tastebuds differ and all, but rate the above mentioned fries from 1-3 with 1 being the best.

Waffle Fries >>> Regular Fries > Onion Rings

but also trying new things is fun 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1570126150964.png
 
Onion rings > Waffle fries >>> regular fries


Exceptions: Onion rings from hooters and TGIF are terrible, Frozen Food aisle sweet potato waffle fries beat them all, and regular fries from zips when paired with fry sauce OR wendys fries paired with a chocolate frosty as dipping sauce is best.
CFA waffle fries >>> fries>>>>>>>>>> onion rings
 
On the subject of fast food. During my HS days I had a free Wendy's Jr. Frosty key chain (cost a buck, lasted the ENTIRE year). Me and 3 guys, no joke, went to Wendy's for lunch EVERY day just to get the free frosty and a water. It was amazing 😍
 
Why all of the Onion ring hate?!?!? Y'all have just never had good onion rings....Maybe try the blooming onion at outback?
Ok but the blooming onion is not an onion ring. It is fried onions (and is amazing) appatizer. Onion rings are a circular side dish. Obviously one would choose a blooming onion over fries, but that is not what the question states :laugh:
 
Ok but the blooming onion is not an onion ring. It is fried onions (and is amazing) appatizer. Onion rings are a circular side dish. Obviously one would choose a blooming onion over fries, but that is not what the question states :laugh:
There is a joint in Spokane that makes their onion rings flavored exactly like the bloomin onion. There are like 6 places like that, actually...to reiterate, y'all just aint had good onion rings.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why all of the Onion ring hate?!?!? Y'all have just never had good onion rings....Maybe try the blooming onion at outback?
I'm with you memes. I know people hate onion rings, but I love onions and I love fried batter. What is not to love.

Also, I'm going to say something exciting, my NC people I'm counting on you: Bojangles
 
I'm with you memes. I know people hate onion rings, but I love onions and I love fried batter. What is not to love.

Also, I'm going to say something exciting, my NC people I'm counting on you: Bojangles
I don't eat meat anymore but I used to absolutely demolish some bojangles, I still think about those biscuits frequently. There's some things you just cannot get outside of the south and have them be as good, biscuits and coleslaw are the two that immediately come to mind for me
 
I don't eat meat anymore but I used to absolutely demolish some bojangles, I still think about those biscuits frequently. There's some things you just cannot get outside of the south and have them be as good, biscuits and coleslaw are the two that immediately come to mind for me
bo. berry. biscuits.

I mean.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is giving me flashbacks to when I would order Wings Over back in my college days. I miss it so.
" Back in my college days" dude you're still young XD Didn't you just graduate like two years ago? You say it like " Back when I was in college....all those years ago...when I was just a wee baby..." XD
 
" Back in my college days" dude you're still young XD Didn't you just graduate like two years ago? You say it like " Back when I was in college....all those years ago...when I was just a wee baby..." XD

Hahaha, that's fair, it's only been about a year and a half. Even though it's been a short amount of time, working full time feels very different than being in school.