Status
Not open for further replies.
Super stoked for the acceptance here!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Did you get a call yesterday?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my phone call today at 9:30am MST! So they are calling people today!

Does anyone know what happens if you miss their call? I just got out of a test and am wondering if they would have left a voicemail or not...

I actually missed their initial call yesterday and they called me again about an hour later!

Anyone from the November 30th interview called? I havent heard anything...

Reactions: 1 user
I got waitlisted...Can anyone who's been waitlisted here share their experience if they got in?

Also waitlisted. Freaked out at first because the email started with “we are pleased to inform you that the admissions committee is offering you a position...” I would also like to know how many people get accepted off the waitlist. It didn’t seem very common looking at last years thread.

Also waitlisted. Freaked out at first because the email started with “we are pleased to inform you that the admissions committee is offering you a position...” I would also like to know how many people get accepted off the waitlist. It didn’t seem very common looking at last years thread.
Did you fill out the waitlist letter form they say to sign? I can't find it anywhere. I click the 'here' link in the email and it just takes me to the school's website

For those who have been waitlisted, when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you fill out the waitlist letter form they say to sign? I can't find it anywhere. I click the 'here' link in the email and it just takes me to the school's website
Yeah, I'm having trouble with that too. The instructions were not the best.

Yeah, I'm having trouble with that too. The instructions were not the best.
On the right hand side there is a small login tab and then again on the right a Dental Medicine Admissions tab

7D792560-C6E6-4DB8-A653-9966E2254A1F.jpeg

Accepted!!! I got the phone call on monday at 10:57am PST:soexcited:
Interviewed in 10/5 and I am a California resident.
DAT: 19AA/20TS
oGPA: 3.13; post-bacc GPA: 3.82

I got waitlisted the last cycle and this cycle I applied right in June. Wayyy earlier than my last cycle which I applied in late August/September. So in my case...YES! Applying early did benefit my chances of getting in. (PS: my application is basically the same as last year) Also, for those who are currently waitlisted, I highly recommend you guys to send in a letter of intent. But make sure you have something new to write about and feel free to talk about self-assessment!

Don't lose hope guys! I wish you all the very best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
If someone can relate to this...I sent them many emails and tried calling them about updates but they never replied. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this kind of ghosting lol? I'm kinda sad because I am really interested in the school.

*note still waiting for an interview

If someone can relate to this...I sent them many emails and tried calling them about updates but they never replied. I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this kind of ghosting lol? I'm kinda sad because I am really interested in the school.

I’m sure they are just really busy right now. I wouldn’t take it as they are ignoring you.

is there a Facebook page set up for the class of 2023?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
I got waitlisted which is a huge bummer to me but super stoked for all of you guys who got in! Anyone know when I would potentially hear back about being accepted off the waitlist?

Is there a Facebook page?

Got accepted here Dec. 3, but I will be kindly declining the offer. Hopefully one of you waitlisted will get the seat!! Good luck to all!

Reactions: 3 users
I’m about to make one. I want to start to get to know everyone!

Ok, send me a PM when you have made it. I think starting one as soon as possible will only benefit us!

Hi everyone! I started a Facebook page! Search Roseman university dental class of 2023 and request to join!!

I will also be declining my offer of admission. It was a pretty tough decision though. As someone else mentioned, I hope this seat goes to one of you! :)

I'm declining as well. Loved the school, cost was just too high for me. Other than that I loved everything about Roseman! Good luck everyone!

Accepted!!! I got the phone call on monday at 10:57am PST:soexcited:
Interviewed in 10/5 and I am a California resident.
DAT: 19AA/20TS
oGPA: 3.13; post-bacc GPA: 3.82

I got waitlisted the last cycle and this cycle I applied right in June. Wayyy earlier than my last cycle which I applied in late August/September. So in my case...YES! Applying early did benefit my chances of getting in. (PS: my application is basically the same as last year) Also, for those who are currently waitlisted, I highly recommend you guys to send in a letter of intent. But make sure you have something new to write about and feel free to talk about self-assessment!

Don't lose hope guys! I wish you all the very best of luck!
Would you say writing a letter of intent by email is best? or by printing the letter out and mailing it to them would be better?

Hello, my name is Caileen Sylvester and I am the class treasurer for the Class of 2022 at Roseman. The class president and other class officers from my class will actually be making an official Roseman Class of 2023 Facebook page and will be posting it here for anyone accepted to join. We would greatly appreciate it if you please deleted the group made as it is not officially with Roseman University. Thank you and congrats on your acceptance!

Hello, my name is Caileen Sylvester and I am the class treasurer for the Class of 2022 at Roseman. The class president and other class officers from my class will actually be making an official Roseman Class of 2023 Facebook page and will be posting it here for anyone accepted to join. We would greatly appreciate it if you please deleted the group made as it is not officially with Roseman University. Thank you and congrats on your acceptance!

It is up and running! Congratulations on being accepted to the BEST school.

Does anybody know where to find the admissions office information sheet?

Does anybody know where to find the admissions office information sheet?

In the email it’s in one of the links that takes you to a dropbox document

Has anyone on the waitlist heard back yet?

Does anyone know how many procedures on average students get to perform by the end of school?

Also, if anyone has also heard from Midwestern, please message me because I'm struggling to decide and just want to talk through pros and cons with someone :bang:

Does anyone know how many procedures on average students get to perform by the end of school?

Also, if anyone has also heard from Midwestern, please message me because I'm struggling to decide and just want to talk through pros and cons with someone :bang:

If you are worried about number of procedures, go to Midwestern. Clinical experience and exposure is outstanding. Heard from friends and many dentists who graduated from there who loved it. Also, CODA (Organization that accredits each dental school) comes out with a report each year of which includes the reported number of patient treatments each school does and Midwesterns is probably one of the most of any dental school. Especially when devided by how many students are in each class, each student per year gets way more. Now, if Rosemans unique didadic curriculum appeals to you, and is a good fit, then fine. They get okay clinical exposure. They are fairly newer and are still establishing a patient population. They do quite a few procedures, a ton of which are just cleanings and exams. They definitely have a reputation of being more relaxed. If price is the biggest factor, or you found a fit to their curriculum then Roseman. If clinical exposure and becoming a great clinician is, then Midwestern. Roseman just seems too focused on the way they teach, especially when it comes to didactics that clinical side of things is in the background IMO.

If you are worried about number of procedures, go to Midwestern. Clinical experience and exposure is outstanding. Heard from friends and many dentists who graduated from there who loved it. Also, CODA (Organization that accredits each dental school) comes out with a report each year of which includes the reported number of patient treatments each school does and Midwesterns is probably one of the most of any dental school. Especially when devided by how many students are in each class, each student per year gets way more. Now, if Rosemans unique didadic curriculum appeals to you, and is a good fit, then fine. They get okay clinical exposure. They are fairly newer and are still establishing a patient population. They do quite a few procedures, a ton of which are just cleanings and exams. They definitely have a reputation of being more relaxed. If price is the biggest factor, or you found a fit to their curriculum then Roseman. If clinical exposure and becoming a great clinician is, then Midwestern. Roseman just seems too focused on the way they teach, especially when it comes to didactics that clinical side of things is in the background IMO.
Thank you so much for your detailed response! I really appreciate it and it truly helped put some things into perspective!

Word of warning for those accepted. I’m not sure what the faculty is telling you about this joke of a school during interviews so I figured I would give my two cents based on experience. If I could do it over again I would have gone elsewhere. Except Touro :),,,,, Clinic is nearly all perio (SRPs/Prophies). You will be lucky to do 5 crowns before graduation. Same with endo and removable. I believe it is the population in south jordan. The people that can afford dental procedures go to practicing dentists, not the school.

The classroom education leaves much to be desired. Truth is you cannot master anything by learning it once and not touching it again. You need repetition. Roseman thinks they are some progressive educational institution with research supporting their model. What research? It's their own research which supports nothing. There is a reason no other school uses this model. Comparing the lecture material presented to material from other schools (obtained from friends at other schools) is embarrassing. The faculty are lazy and do not want to do their jobs as teachers. Several started working at the school right after they themselves graduated. They just want to do the minimum and collect.

There appears to be some kind of deal going on with bioclear and the school as they are forcing newer classes to only use this system and are not teaching traditional preparations or restoration methods (you will not see an amalgam at this school). There was no dental materials class.... Expect to teach that to yourself. Veneers, onlays, inlays, etc.... not taught as they feel this is an old method and they think it's irrelevant. If you want to do OS this may be the school for you. You will do a lot of extractions including wisdom teeth etc. But if you want to be a general dentist this school will not prepare you to hit the ground running for general procedures after graduation.

You may ask yourself, why the current students accept this? Truth is the students here were sold the lifestyle so they are content with the education. This school is very low stress. But there is a reason for it. They don't teach much therefore the stress is lower. I expected D school to be difficult and I’m sure the majority is. This school is not. You will be taught the minimum. Check the boards pass rate. I guarantee it's far lower than most schools. You are buying the degree, not the education. If you are looking to get the most for your $500k, Roseman is not the place. Personally I feel I am being robbed.

Reactions: 6 users
Word of warning for those accepted. I’m not sure what the faculty is telling you about this joke of a school during interviews so I figured I would give my two cents based on experience. If I could do it over again I would have gone elsewhere. Except Touro :),,,,, Clinic is nearly all perio (SRPs/Prophies). You will be lucky to do 5 crowns before graduation. Same with endo and removable. I believe it is the population in south jordan. The people that can afford dental procedures go to practicing dentists, not the school.

The classroom education leaves much to be desired. Truth is you cannot master anything by learning it once and not touching it again. You need repetition. Roseman thinks they are some progressive educational institution with research supporting their model. What research? It's their own research which supports nothing. There is a reason no other school uses this model. Comparing the lecture material presented to material from other schools (obtained from friends at other schools) is embarrassing. The faculty are lazy and do not want to do their jobs as teachers. Several started working at the school right after they themselves graduated. They just want to do the minimum and collect.

There appears to be some kind of deal going on with bioclear and the school as they are forcing newer classes to only use this system and are not teaching traditional preparations or restoration methods (you will not see an amalgam at this school). There was no dental materials class.... Expect to teach that to yourself. Veneers, onlays, inlays, etc.... not taught as they feel this is an old method and they think it's irrelevant. If you want to do OS this may be the school for you. You will do a lot of extractions including wisdom teeth etc. But if you want to be a general dentist this school will not prepare you to hit the ground running for general procedures after graduation.

You may ask yourself, why the current students accept this? Truth is the students here were sold the lifestyle so they are content with the education. This school is very low stress. But there is a reason for it. They don't teach much therefore the stress is lower. I expected D school to be difficult and I’m sure the majority is. This school is not. You will be taught the minimum. Check the boards pass rate. I guarantee it's far lower than most schools. You are buying the degree, not the education. If you are looking to get the most for your $500k, Roseman is not the place. Personally I feel I am being robbed.

Unfortunately, Roseman has had more than one student post something like this about the school. You would think for a school charging that much, they wouldn’t be trying to cut corners in education, but seems like that’s what they are doing. I’ve been 5+ pre-dental events there and the first 2 times I was sold on the “lifestyle”, but when I started getting close with the dental students, you hear more and more stories just like this. “Lifestyle” during dental school is not a reason to sign your life away to 500k+ in student loans and a subpar education. Dental school is 4 years, you’ll practice hopefully for 30/40+ years. This school blows my mind.

Damn I was actually leaning towards roseman because I really bought into the whole lifestyle thing they were raving about....So between roseman and unlv which would you choose ?

Status
Not open for further replies.