This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all I’m sweating

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected :( congrats to all who are accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
Got accepted to Iowa! Rejected from Florida. Waitlisted at Birmingham.

Got into Western!!!!!!!!! Denied from Washington and Columbia lol but I’m still happy

Waitlisted to U of Iowa, Not accepted to Columbia or UCLA. Hope things went better for you all though!!

I was not accepted to Columbia and Howard,but wait listed for UAB at Birmingham for medical. My GPA is 3.6 and I've just earned 30 semester hours. I don't have any college ECs yet since I'm at a small community college at the moment, so I used what I did in high school last year. I had a few volunteer experiences though.I wish they could tell me what it was so I could fix it and have a better chance next year. Still have hope for UAB though:) Congrats to everyone!:)

Last edited:
Accepted at Louisville. Waitlisted at Western. Rejected from UW. Congrats to everyone!

Waitlisted Nebraska, Rejected Columbia and Rutgers

I'm worried that because I've taken a lot of my pre-reqs already and have 60+ credits and am Junior-ranked that it hurt my application. For some reason it wouldn't let me add my research experience also. There was some confusion with my application also because I was full-time at my state school (where I go now) my senior year (part-time before then) so they voided my transcript. (Figured it out later though)

GPA isn't great though. After 60+ credits, it's a 3.6. EC's are pretty good though, and my LOR was good and from the Director of my major/program (Biomedical Science).

Congrats all!! Even if you didn't get in -- you tried your best and there are other opportunities out there. Don't let this dissuade you!

Members don't see this ad :)
Rejected to Howard & Univ of Washington ugh but accepted and CONFIRMED to attend Univ of TX Health Center at Houston! If you're at this site, lmk!

I was rejected from Columbia University for Medical (first choice), accepted to Rutgers for Pharmacy (second choice), waitlisted at Howard for Pharmacy (third choice). I ended up confirming Rutgers University.

My permanent residence is in Texas so that probably plays a factor into why they quickly decided to accept me

I got accepted and CONFIRMED to Howard University and not accepted to University of Texas and Columbia University. Like my message if you are attending Howard!

My permanent residence is in Texas so that probably plays a factor into why they quickly decided to accept me
Same here. New Jersey is my permanent residence so I think that's why Rutgers accepted me pretty quick.

Congrats to everyone for making it through this stressful application process. I was accepted to Rutgers and Howard and rejected from Columbia. I've decided to attend Howard this summer for dental. Can't wait!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted into Nebraska for dental and waitlisted from Iowa and Western! Is there any chance they will start taking people off the waitlist either today or tomorrow? Western was my first choice and I would really like to go there.

Accepted into Nebraska for dental and waitlisted from Iowa and Western! Is there any chance they will start taking people off the waitlist either today or tomorrow? Western was my first choice and I would really like to go there.
I know March 20th is when they start taking applicants off the wait list but there is a slight chance they will accept some applicants today. I would recommend to monitor your application every hour for any changes. Keep positive thoughts! I hope you get off the wait list for Western. Congrats on getting into Nebraska!!

I know March 20th is when they start taking applicants off the wait list but there is a slight chance they will accept some applicants today. I would recommend to monitor your application every hour for any changes. Keep positive thoughts! I hope you get off the wait list for Western. Congrats on getting into Nebraska!!

Thank you so much, congrats on Rutgers!

Just checked...I got waitlisted to UW and Western, got rejected by UCLA :(. Does anyone know how long the waitlist really is?

Just checked...I got waitlisted to UW and Western, got rejected by UCLA :(. Does anyone know how long the waitlist really is?
March 20th is when they start accepting students off of the wait list. However, you should check your application a few times a day to see if you have been accepted. Keep positive thoughts! I hope you get off the wait list for your two program sites.

Rejected Iowa, waitlisted Nebraska and still in review for Houston! Fingers crossed! :)

Reactions: 2 users
ayee i got rejected form UCLA and waitlisted at Western. High key want to go to Western so good luck to both of us!!

I got accepted at the University of Florida for Dental, Wait listed for UAB and Rejected at University of Houston. Confirmed at UF!!!!!!!!!!!

I got accepted to UCLA-Medical! Rejected Columbia and Howard.

Congrats to everyone who made it into SHPEP! Those 6 weeks will be the greatest of your entire life. My time at UTHealth Houston were unforgettable.

Just checked again and was rejected from Houston :( Nebraska is the one I really want and it's my only hope now! I'm so nervous, hopefully the wait list clears up.

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading through all the previous posts! Congrats to everyone who was accepted and confirmed! That's so exciting!!

I applied to UW, Rutgers, and Western for Medicine. My status for Rutgers says "Site is Full", does anyone know what that means?
I was tried looking into it but never found a conclusive explanation. Somewhere I found that it kind of means that you were accepted, but since it's a rolling application process, there wasn't enough room by the time they received and processed my application. I did submit my application later in the cycle, so that makes sense, but should I consider Rutgers an option still, like waitlist, or is it a rejection?

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been reading through all the previous posts! Congrats to everyone who was accepted and confirmed! That's so exciting!!

I applied to UW, Rutgers, and Western for Medicine. My status for Rutgers says "Site is Full", does anyone know what that means?
I was tried looking into it but never found a conclusive explanation. Somewhere I found that it kind of means that you were accepted, but since it's a rolling application process, there wasn't enough room by the time they received and processed my application. I did submit my application later in the cycle, so that makes sense, but should I consider Rutgers an option still, like waitlist, or is it a rejection?
Hello! I just confirmed for Rutgers. I say email the contact person to see. It wouldn’t hurt!

To anyone who has been rejected or waitlisted, please keep your head up. I applied to Colombia in the 2017 cycle (the time where the site only allowed students to choose one school), got waitlisted, never heard back from them. I was determined to get in during the 2018 cycle so I reapplied and got rejected from Colombia, but waitlisted from Rutgers and Howard. Out of Howard and Rutgers, Rutgers was my first choice since I live in NY, closest to the school. After checking my status a couple of days later, (March 20th, 2018) Rutgers had accepted me! I was ecstatic. At this moment, I realized determination, and patience is what gets you through. Don't give up. Even if you don't have the opportunity to take part in the program, I know there will be many others like this in the future.

Last edited:
I got accepted to Columbia for dental & confirmed!!!!
But was waitlisted for UF and Howard (both dental)

I got accepted to Columbia for dental & confirmed!!!!
But was waitlisted for UF and Howard (both dental)
Congratulations on getting into Columbia!! That's amazing!!

I got accepted to Nebraska as well!!

Hi all! So initially my statuses were:
University of Florida - Waitlisted (Action date: 3/14/19)
Rutgers - Site is Full (Action date: 3/15/19)
Howard - Not accepted (Action date: 3/14/19)
[All Pharmacy]
But at around 9:50pm on 3/16, my status changed to accepted to UF and I then confimed!
Congratulations to everyone accepted! And for waitlisted, keep on checking!!!! :) For those not accepted, I am 1,000% sure God has something much bigger planned specifically for you!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist for public health? I know there are only 40 - 50 ~ total spots for all 4 of the available locations in total so would it be hard to get off the waitlist?

Last edited:
Hi all! So initially my statuses were:
University of Florida - Waitlisted (Action date: 3/14/19)
Rutgers - Site is Full (Action date: 3/15/19)
Howard - Not accepted (Action date: 3/14/19)
[All Pharmacy]
But at around 9:50pm on 3/16, my status changed to accepted to UF and I then confimed!
Congratulations to everyone accepted! And for waitlisted, keep on checking!!!! :) For those not accepted, I am 1,000% sure God has something much bigger planned specifically for you!!
yes God's plans are sooo much better than ours! And i hope I'll have the same waitlist luck but we'll see! That's awesome that you got off the waitlist so quickly :)

yes God's plans are sooo much better than ours! And i hope I'll have the same waitlist luck but we'll see! That's awesome that you got off the waitlist so quickly :)
Yes his are! I hope so too and yes, I was literally checking every hour so I was super shocked when my status changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.