-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2016-2017*~*~*~*
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
6 hours left! Ekkk
Nearly 30 min...6 hours left! Ekkk
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't match. I'm so bummed.
D
deleted388502
Same here. Didn't match. Feel lucky to be going to med school at all, but hoping there's waitlist movement?
Matched to TCOM, but none of my other three top choices :/ I hope there is waitlist movementSame here. Didn't match. Feel lucky to be going to med school at all, but hoping there's waitlist movement?
+1
No match for me either. I really just want to nap for a thousand years now. Idk if I can/want to reapply; it's just too much.
EDIT: Luckily, most of my OOS applications are still pending, so I'll reserve some hope.
+1
No match for me either. I really just want to nap for a thousand years now. Idk if I can/want to reapply; it's just too much.
EDIT: Luckily, most of my OOS applications are still pending, so I'll reserve some hope.
do they tell u if u waitlisted? i did not match, but did not receive any news on waitlist?
do they tell u if u waitlisted? i did not match, but did not receive any news on waitlist?
I think the schools will contact you via email letting you know if you've been wait listed. It's not 100% over; we still have until orientation begins
Same. The school is suppose to email you. From the previous forums, I see that people hear back about the waitlist about a week later, so it's gonna be another long wait.do they tell u if u waitlisted? i did not match, but did not receive any news on waitlist?
I just hope they tell me what spot I am in if I do get waitlisted.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get rejection email from Texas A&M? It sucks, I interviewed here last cycle and stats weren't as good as they are now, wonder what happened?
Oh wow. Are they already sending rejection emails? I would think that those would be the last thing they send. [emoji27]Did anyone get rejection email from Texas A&M? It sucks, I interviewed here last cycle and stats weren't as good as they are now, wonder what happened?
Maybe they hate me...Its weird, especially since my brother just graduated from there and I would assume they would want another smart mind haha jk.Oh wow. Are they already sending rejection emails? I would think that those would be the last thing they send. [emoji27]
Omg, sorry to hear that! 🙁 How many did you interview at? Did you apply OOS?Did not get matched to any of my schools. Guess I'll be studying for that MCAT again...
Was it that "release of applicant" email?Did anyone get rejection email from Texas A&M? It sucks, I interviewed here last cycle and stats weren't as good as they are now, wonder what happened?
Did you feel like you did well in the interview? I find it shocking that they would immediately send an email right after the match results were released.Maybe they hate me...Its weird, especially since my brother just graduated from there and I would assume they would want another smart mind haha jk.
Only 2. I am a IS student. One of my schools was utmb and my LizzyM score was higher than the average there, so I was really hoping to get into at least that one. I know the lizzym is not always accurate, but man... What a disappointment.Omg, sorry to hear that! 🙁 How many did you interview at? Did you apply OOS?
Only 2. I am a IS student. One of my schools was utmb and my lizzym score was higher than the average there, so I was really hoping to get into at least that one. I know the lizzym is not always accurate, but man... What a disappointment.
Just to be sure. If we get wait listed, we most likely won't hear back until April?
1. So you only applied in TX? I thought my interview was a home run, stats were a bit lower than their average, but they didn't make it a big deal at all.
2. I think wait list movement can begin as soon as the school creates one. If school X creates a list today, movement could begin tomorrow as spots get dropped. They don't have to wait until April
Didn't you have 2 prematches though?Same here. Didn't match. Feel lucky to be going to med school at all, but hoping there's waitlist movement?
Yes it was!Was it that "release of applicant" email?
Same, I thought I was hitting home runs left and right for my interviews. I only applied Texas, I couldn't pass up the tuition and just did not feel like leaving.1. So you only applied in TX? I thought my interview was a home run, stats were a bit lower than their average, but they didn't make it a big deal at all.
2. I think wait list movement can begin as soon as the school creates one. If school X creates a list today, movement could begin tomorrow as spots get dropped. They don't have to wait until April
Hopefully both schools start up their wait list soon, so that I don't have to take the mcat. But from what I hear, you might not get an acceptance until may while on the wait list. Which is way too late to start re studying for the mcat.
One of the interviewers loved me and the other one was more professional but seemed alright...there weren't any weird or inappropriate comments on my end...all very kosher. There was one question she asked and it was how would I deal with discrimination and I told her an example of a personal case and what I wished others would have done, and would thus do that if I saw it happen.Did you feel like you did well in the interview? I find it shocking that they would immediately send an email right after the match results were released.
I felt the email was very abrupt, especially since my family has met the medical school faculty, but that could have also played against me. I had a personal fall out with them and was kicked out. I mentioned it in application when I discussed tolerance and respect for others beliefs and choices in one of my essays.
I just checked the Texas A&M app thread. Several people got the rejection email as well, even one guy who had an Insanely good mcat...One of the interviewers loved me and the other one was more professional but seemed alright...there weren't any weird or inappropriate comments on my end...all very kosher. There was one question she asked and it was how would I deal with discrimination and I told her an example of a personal case and what I wished others would have done, and would thus do that if I saw it happen.
I felt the email was very abrupt, especially since my family has met the medical school faculty, but that could have also played against me. I had a personal fall out with them and was kicked out. I mentioned it in application when I discussed tolerance and respect for others beliefs and choices in one of my essays.
It looks like they're just quick about this, sorry for the bad news. Hope you get into 1 of your other 2 schools though!
I just checked the Texas A&M app thread. Several people got the rejection email as well, even one guy who had an Insanely good mcat...
It looks like they're just quick about this, sorry for the bad news. Hope you get into 1 of your other 2 schools though!
Thanks, I hope so too. I havent gotten a waitlist email from UT San Antonio, but interviewed in August so I thought it meant I was a good candidate.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You and me both.Thanks, I hope so too. I havent gotten a waitlist email from UT San Antonio, but interviewed in August so I thought it meant I was a good candidate.
I would prefer not to leave the state either, but we'll see.Same, I thought I was hitting home runs left and right for my interviews. I only applied Texas, I couldn't pass up the tuition and just did not feel like leaving.
Hopefully both schools start up their wait list soon, so that I don't have to take the mcat. But from what I hear, you might not get an acceptance until may while on the wait list. Which is way too late to start re studying for the mcat.
I hope they start that wait list soon because I'd also lie to retake the MCAT, but would obviously prefer not to
Well, got 1 wait list email so far. Now just need number 2. Luckily, that 2nd one is the one with a lower LizzyM score than mine.I would prefer not to leave the state either, but we'll see.
I hope they start that wait list soon because I'd also lie to retake the MCAT, but would obviously prefer not to
Which school has sent the wait list email?Well, got 1 wait list email so far. Now just need number 2. Luckily, that 2nd one is the one with a lower LizzyM score than mine.
McGovern has sent waitlist email. It states that nothing you can do (updates/ letters/etc) will affect your chances, youre already on a rank list and its purely probable luck that you'll get off since we are totally blindedWhich school has sent the wait list email?
It is driving me crazy. I hope that I am somewhere high on the rank list just cause I really want to go here or to UT HoustonYou and me both.
some schools keep everyone on the WL and others seems to cut the ranks a bit more at this time. For example, McGovern sent out both WL emails and rejection emails today. Some schools may wait to build their WL.Is everyone who didnt match at a particular school put onto the waitlist or is the waitlist also limited?
I wonder how many of the people get rejection and how many get waitlist emails from McGovern?some schools keep everyone on the WL and others seems to cut the ranks a bit more at this time. For example, McGovern sent out both WL emails and rejection emails today. Some schools may wait to build their WL.
So far only 1 person on the thread posted his rejection. So not that many? Or people just don't want to post about it.I wonder how many of the people get rejection and how many get waitlist emails from McGovern?
I feel like I am going to be on here 24/7 until I get off waitlists haha!So far only 1 person on the thread posted his rejection. So not that many? Or people just don't want to post about it.
So far only 1 person on the thread posted his rejection. So not that many? Or people just don't want to post about it.
That person was rejected pre-II, not post-II.
I know from the interview day UTHSCSA doesn't do post-II rejections -- everyone gets waitlisted.
Makes sense. He said he got reject pre-secondary, but McGovern does not have a secondary...That person was rejected pre-II, not post-II.
I know from the interview day UTHSCSA doesn't do post-II rejections -- everyone gets waitlisted.
Wow, so everyone who got an interview was also wait listed. Now I don't feel special at all...
Maybe they hate me...Its weird, especially since my brother just graduated from there and I would assume they would want another smart mind haha jk.
I got two more rejection emails today, once from A&M and one from another texas school. Wow a real punch in the gut, after not matching at all
I know, exactly the same feeling! I hate that we can't know where we are in rank list. Here is to another half a year of waiting...Makes sense. He said he got reject pre-secondary, but McGovern does not have a secondary...
Wow, so everyone who got an interview was also wait listed. Now I don't feel special at all...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know, exactly the same feeling! I hate that we can't know where we are in rank list. Here is to another half a year of waiting...
You did match somewhere, right? So the last day you could possibly hear is June 1. Only four months, not six!
You did match somewhere, right? So the last day you could possibly hear is June 1. Only four months, not six!
Yes, that is right, 4 months, but it feels so long away. But I could get off the wait list between now and June 1st right?
Also, congrats to everyone who applied and worked hard this cycle. Its not over yet!
Yes, that is right, 4 months, but it feels so long away. But I could get off the wait list between now and June 1st right?
Yeah, I think most movement is in May, but some school-specific threads have reported WL movement before May.
Not matching really suckkkkks! Especially since I just received ANOTHER rejection from an OOS program. I've only got about 6 options left at this point-- all of which have been dead silent for months 🙁
Similar threads
- Replies
- 88
- Views
- 12K
- Replies
- 620
- Views
- 108K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 7K
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 2K