*~*~*~*Official TMDSAS Questions Thread 2016-2017*~*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get prematch offers from A&M yet? I know it's just the first day and not even the end of the day, but I'm really anxious. Does anyoneknow how common it is to receive a prematch offer not on the first day? Since it is technically open until the end of December?

Cross-posted from another forum
A&M is making some prematch offers today, mid-day. Some applicants saw their acceptance on the A&M portal before getting an email confirmation.

Members don't see this ad.

Alright ladies and gents, its approaching that time of year.. does anyone know which schools are done sending out II and which schools will continue to interview thru mid-Jan?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know any statistics on the match? For example, how likely you are to get matched any school based on the number of interviews you have, or how likely you are to get matched to a certain school ranking (1,2,3, etc)

Hi guys,

I'm sure someone has already asked about this, but if we want to update our TMDSAS transcript to include our Fall 2016 grades, how do we do this? Do we need to email our transcript to TMDSAS, or should we individually send emails to the Texas schools we applied to and attach our new transcript?

Thanks!

Calling all Texans! Pre-match period for Texans is now over, as of December 31 2016. Congratulations to everyone who has been offered one or more spots this pre-match season.
Even if you have not been pre-matched to any Texas school, as long as you have been interviewed you still have a chance of matching. Now is the time to look over all your options and think about which school you prefer. Once you have your choices firmly in mind, log in to your TMDSAS site to rank the schools in order, favorite #1, others in order. Do not second-guess yourself or overthink it. Do not hesitate to rank your favorite as #1, even if you think they won't pick you.

If you have more than one offer and some of them are schools you now would not care to attend, you have the option of declining their pre-match offer of admission before you do your rankings. Only decline a school if you have at least one offer from another, though!

You must rank all schools where you have interviewed. (if you have not turned down their offer already). Do include even the schools who have seemed to go completely silent on you after your interview. Do not include any schools who have sent you a clear rejection email or letter. Maybe you have an interview or two in January, so you can wait until after those interviews to do your ranking.
Remember that Baylor, though located in Texas, is not part of the TMDSAS match system and you will deal with Baylor like any out-of-state school, through AMCAS system.

You must submit your ranked list on TMSDAS site before 5 pm on January 20th 2017.

Hey guys, it's 3 in the morning, can't sleep. Tmdsas ranking just closed yesterday at 5 pm after I hit the save and submit button over 20 times over the course of January.

Anyone know if they send you an email stating that they received your rankings?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, it's 3 in the morning, can't sleep. Tmdsas ranking just closed yesterday at 5 pm after I hit the save and submit button over 20 times over the course of January.

Anyone know if they send you an email stating that they received your rankings?

I did not receive an email confirming anything, but the email that kept reminding me to do my rankings did stop coming. I also just took a screenshot that said "your preferences were successfully blah blah blah" as proof that I did it.

Please get some sleep. It will all be okay.

I did not receive an email confirming anything, but the email that kept reminding me to do my rankings did stop coming. I also just took a screenshot that said "your preferences were successfully blah blah blah" as proof that I did it.

Please get some sleep. It will all be okay.
Thanks, I had pretty much the same experience. I only got 1 reminder email though, but that's most likely because I submitted them late Dec. So I'm sure that I'm freaking out over nothing.

I never received those reminder emails?

Does everyone's school rank preference page say " The deadline for entering or editing..." now? I submitted my rank several times over the course of the last 2 months, just want to make sure it went through

Does everyone's school rank preference page say " The deadline for entering or editing..." now? I submitted my rank several times over the course of the last 2 months, just want to make sure it went through
Same, I received that page. For the reminder, it might be due to you submitting your rankings way before me. My first reminder email was on Dec. 29, so if you ranked before then, it's possible they just didn't send you one.

Same, I received that page. For the reminder, it might be due to you submitting your rankings way before me. My first reminder email was on Dec. 29, so if you ranked before then, it's possible they just didn't send you one.

Yeah I believe it's because we submitted before reminder emails started getting sent out. I ranked as soon as an interview was posted on TMDSAS, so I never received reminder emails either.

I have a similar problem. I know I submitted at least a few times but since there really isn't anyway to know now that the deadline has passed, it is a little nerve racking. I never received emails to remind me to submit which I think hopefully means that I for sure submitted it. Does anyone know if you always get reminder emails? I can't find anywhere saying that TMDSAS always sends them out reminding you to turn in your preferences so I'm just worried and a conformation knowing you always get them until you submit would be nice to know. I also don't remember the page turning when I did submit besides just pressing the button. I hope I'm just over reacting but some sort of good news about the emails would be nice! Thank you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a similar problem. I know I submitted at least a few times but since there really isn't anyway to know now that the deadline has passed, it is a little nerve racking. I never received emails to remind me to submit which I think hopefully means that I for sure submitted it. Does anyone know if you always get reminder emails? I can't find anywhere saying that TMDSAS always sends them out reminding you to turn in your preferences so I'm just worried and a conformation knowing you always get them until you submit would be nice to know. I also don't remember the page turning when I did submit besides just pressing the button. I hope I'm just over reacting but some sort of good news about the emails would be nice! Thank you all!
Yep, big time overreacting. The people who got remainders hadn't submitted a list yet.

The page didnt change once submitted. Only a small messages at bottom "Your preferences have been saved."

This is why the page said to print it for your records. Because it'd no longer be available.
Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Yep, big time overreacting. The people who got remainders hadn't submitted a list yet.

The page didnt change once submitted. Only a small messages at bottom "Your preferences have been saved."

This is why the page said to print it for your records. Because it'd no longer be available.

Okay thank you very much! I saw that it said print for your records but my printer wasn't working at the time and I foolishly forgot to screenshot the page. This makes me feel much better!

Does anyone know what percentage of acceptances go out on match day?
Have no idea what you mean by "percentage of acceptances".
If you mean how much of their class size is made from match day students, it depends on the med school. UTMB and UTSW send out the most pre-match, in fact UTSW almost sends only wait lists on match day from what I hear.
If your talking about about the number of acceptances vs. wait list and rejections. If we're lucky (and a miracle), maybe 3%, assuming they send out rejections to the people that never got an interview. Don't worry about the small number, if you got an interview, your chances are MUCH higher.

Does anyone know what percentage of acceptances go out on match day?
All TMDSAS participating schools will match students to the remaining seats they have in their school. So come match day, every spot in a public Texas medical school should be filled. From here comes time for pulling students off the waitlist as students who matched decide to attend OOS schools/Baylor.

Have any stats been compiled about chances of matching based on number of interviews? So like, ___% Chance of matching with 1 interview, ____% chance of matching with 2 interviews, and so on?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I am so nervous for February 1st! Interviewed at 4 schools and worried I won't get into any one of them.

And I only got 2 interviews... Let's trade.

Haha well I am a re-applicant who interviewed at two schools and didn't get into either. NOT saying you won't but it scarred me from this process as I felt I had come soo close and didn't get in. This time worked my ass off and am paranoid because of the last cycle.

Last edited:
Asking as oos: so after the match on feb 1, are there going to be more opened spots for the med schools to students not in state? Or at this point is it all in state students?

Asking as oos: so after the match on feb 1, are there going to be more opened spots for the med schools to students not in state? Or at this point is it all in state students?

I was under the impression that match day will send out emails to mostly Texas residents, and OOS will receive the results whenever the school gets back to them like any other school, could be all the way to May.

Haha well I am a re-applicant who interviewed at two schools and didn't get into either. NOT saying you won't but it scarred me from this process as I felt I had come soo close and didn't get in. This time worked my ass off and am paranoid because of the last cycle.
Welcome to the club my friend. Would you like coffee to help with your anxiety?

Welcome to the club my friend. Would you like coffee to help with your anxiety?
Haha no my friend, I just need an acceptance, then it'll all be much better. I think its more nerve-wrecking because everyone i talk to starts off with "so did you get in yet?" and I reply with "I don't know till Feb 1st." If I don't get in, I'll be personally upset and outwardly lame and a sad excuse of a person.

Haha no my friend, I just need an acceptance, then it'll all be much better. I think its more nerve-wrecking because everyone i talk to starts off with "so did you get in yet?" and I reply with "I don't know till Feb 1st." If I don't get in, I'll be personally upset and outwardly lame and a sad excuse of a person.
That's the spirit! Nothing like a mild case of depression to spice things up while waiting for the results!

But in all seriousness, you should be fine. If you worked your "ass off," I'm sure that your new fine toned ass will get you into med school.... ok maybe not in all seriousness.

I have heard from previous years that no emails get sent out. You just have to log in and check.

I have heard from previous years that no emails get sent out. You just have to log in and check.

That might depend on the school. When I matched at UTMB last year, they actually sent out a congratulatory email a few hours before the match results were due to be uploaded on the TMDSAS portal. (Not sure if they're planning on doing the same this year.)

Yes, you will log in to TMDSAS to see your match. The school may also send an email or physical mail giving you more information, instructions, and asking you to formally accept the spot.
If you did not match (a possibility) a lot can happen between now and orientation day.

That's the spirit! Nothing like a mild case of depression to spice things up while waiting for the results!

But in all seriousness, you should be fine. If you worked your "ass off," I'm sure that your new fine toned ass will get you into med school.... ok maybe not in all seriousness.
I have been working out extra hard in the gym... my boyfriend would concur.

I have been working out extra hard in the gym... my boyfriend would concur.
Lol, sorry if I offended you. That wasn't meant to be sexual assault post. I was under the impression that you were a guy and was done in good humor.

Lol, sorry if I offended you. That wasn't meant to be sexual assault post. I was under the impression that you were a guy and was done in good humor.

LOL I wasn't offended, just playing off your joke. If med schools won't appreciate my ass-breaking efforts, my boyfriend hopefully will/does! But in seriousness, still anxious...

Let's hope TMDSAS doesn't crash... there will be thousands of people checking in around 8 AM

Let's hope TMDSAS doesn't crash... there will be thousands of people checking in around 8 AM
Thousands? How many people applied in the first place? How many people collectively got interviews?

5718 applied according to TMDAS website - no way to know total interviewed

That might depend on the school. When I matched at UTMB last year, they actually sent out a congratulatory email a few hours before the match results were due to be uploaded on the TMDSAS portal. (Not sure if they're planning on doing the same this year.)
So when do/did the schools get the match results?

How do you know that? The schools already know who matched ?

I'm not applying until next cycle, but as a fellow Texan I'm thinking about all of you on the eve of the match and hoping you all get good news tomorrow morning!

My sister told me that my parents bought me a bottle of champagne today for the GOOD news tomorrow...
How long is the expiration date on champagne? I hear 3 years, is that true?

Edit: Nvm

My sister told me that my parents bought me a bottle of champagne today for the GOOD news tomorrow...
How long is the expiration date on champagne? I hear 3 years, is that true?

Edit: Nvm

LMAO it's insane for me as well! My family came to visit me in Manhattan- ready to "party" tmmrw. We'll see if any partying happens, since they're much more confident than I am.
Also: Which schools send emails out/update portals prior to 8?

Reactions: 2 users
LMAO it's insane for me as well! My family came to visit me in Manhattan- ready to "party" tmmrw. We'll see if any partying happens, since they're much more confident than I am.
Also: Which schools send emails out/update portals prior to 8?
Hopefully we will all get to party and have a good time tomorrow. I hope neither of my schools send emails before 8 am tomorrow, b/c I have gotten 0 emails from either of them. :cryi: