You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants
Started by mmmdreamerz
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone who's on the alt list heard anything regarding status?
I'm interviewing at 2:30, I didn't want to miss anything in the itinerary. That happened to me at Iowa and I didn't want that to happen again!
Congrats on your interview! Looking forward to meeting you there, are you going to the dinner or lunch? I'll be at both!
I'll be at both too! I'll see you there, and good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviewing on Thursday and attending the welcome dinner Wednesday night! I hope to meet some of you! Best of luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Do any of you know anything about submitting fall transcripts? The admissions timeline says final transcripts for accepted students are due in July, but that's it. I'm guessing this means we don't need to send anything yet, but I thought I'd check here!
Do any of you know anything about submitting fall transcripts? The admissions timeline says final transcripts for accepted students are due in July, but that's it. I'm guessing this means we don't need to send anything yet, but I thought I'd check here!
Yep not until July, so only need to send if accepted!
Has anyone who's on the alt list heard anything regarding status?
nope
I attended the dinner last night and wore a nice sweater with dress pants and a blazer and it fit in. All of the currents students and profs were dressed nicely as well. Stick to business casual. Don't wear jeans... Even with a nice sweater, it was too casual for last night. Also it's chilly, definitely be prepared with a thick jacket and scarf!I'll be at the Thursday dinner! 🙂 Still don't know what to wear haha
Also note to anyone who is going to dinners, all of the students introduce themselves and their interests. Pinpoint a student with similar interests and talk to them after the dinner. I spoke with a student last night who wanted to get into a similar field as me and I found her advice and perspective on the school INCREDIBLE!
Good luck fellow interviewees, if anyone else is there tomorrow I'll see you then
Good luck fellow interviewees, if anyone else is there tomorrow I'll see you then
You are interviewing or dinner tomorrow?
You are interviewing or dinner tomorrow?
Interview. Got in late tonight so didn't go to the dinner
I wore a sweater and slacks and felt underdressed at the dinner, since people came super dressed up.
Interview was today and it was totally relaxed. Of course there were some questions I thought I could have answered better, but the interviewers were really nice and I left the interview smiling, not crying.
Also, the presentations and tours are really helpful.
I fell in love with OSU today. 🙂
Don't stress! Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Interview was today and it was totally relaxed. Of course there were some questions I thought I could have answered better, but the interviewers were really nice and I left the interview smiling, not crying.
Also, the presentations and tours are really helpful.
I fell in love with OSU today. 🙂
Don't stress! Good luck!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just got back from the dinner...it was awesome. Really excited to interview tomorrow🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My interview experience was amazingggggg. I had a blast haha. Crossing all my digits 'cause I really wanna be a Buckeye😍
Just got done with my interview today. I feel pretty blah about it. I got a lot of my thoughts jumbled, but hey, at least I answered the questions (And its over)!!
And now the wait.... I've talked with a few vets (namely the ones that I got my recommendations from) and they said that they felt like crap leaving the interview and still got in lol, which quells my nerves slightly.
How does everyone who interviewed feel?
And now the wait.... I've talked with a few vets (namely the ones that I got my recommendations from) and they said that they felt like crap leaving the interview and still got in lol, which quells my nerves slightly.
How does everyone who interviewed feel?
I spoke with some students when I was there and they said the same... that their interview went "poorly"--so don't fret... I'm sure you did better than you think--I know I am my worst critic and I bet a lot of us might be... looking at the profession we are entering 🙂.Just got done with my interview today. I feel pretty blah about it. I got a lot of my thoughts jumbled, but hey, at least I answered the questions (And its over)!!
And now the wait.... I've talked with a few vets (namely the ones that I got my recommendations from) and they said that they felt like crap leaving the interview and still got in lol, which quells my nerves slightly.
How does everyone who interviewed feel?
I know this has been asked, but any idea when we might hear back after interviews? Maybe based on previous years? I've heard 2 weeks, I've heard February....
On the interview day I thought Dr. Lord said sometime in February. I've heard that some people hear back sooner (but not many). That's just what I've heard. AND.... I think you will be getting off that waitlist. I really do 🙂. Not sure if that is your #1, though.I know this has been asked, but any idea when we might hear back after interviews? Maybe based on previous years? I've heard 2 weeks, I've heard February....
On the interview day I thought Dr. Lord said sometime in February. I've heard that some people hear back sooner (but not many). That's just what I've heard. AND.... I think you will be getting off that waitlist. I really do 🙂. Not sure if that is your #1, though.
Ah thank you, I hope so! It's still early so it'll be an agonizing wait lol. Davis was my #1 but now after visiting OSU, I'm torn! They're my top 2!
I have to agree. I was EXTREMELY impressed with Ohio. It's among my current top three, probably (taking cost into consideration, especially).Ah thank you, I hope so! It's still early so it'll be an agonizing wait lol. Davis was my #1 but now after visiting OSU, I'm torn! They're my top 2!
I have to agree. I was EXTREMELY impressed with Ohio. It's among my current top three, probably (taking cost into consideration, especially).
Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. I really like how it's a lecture heavy school and it sounds like there are a lot of chances for experience! I have family in Ohio so I've always loved the state, and I want a change in seasons 🙂 ugh it'll be a tough decision if I get in
There were so many positives. SO MANY. I loved it for so many reasons as well. It was AMAZING.Everyone was so welcoming and friendly. I really like how it's a lecture heavy school and it sounds like there are a lot of chances for experience! I have family in Ohio so I've always loved the state, and I want a change in seasons 🙂 ugh it'll be a tough decision if I get in
I know I stalked the c/o 2020 thread last night, and from them it looked like the first wave of acceptances/denials started around Jan 12th for those who did really well/not so well on the first round of interviews. Then everyone else started getting notifications through the beginning and middle of Feb.
I know I stalked the c/o 2020 thread last night, and from them it looked like the first wave of acceptances/denials started around Jan 12th for those who did really well/not so well on the first round of interviews. Then everyone else started getting notifications through the beginning and middle of Feb.
Were there interviews in December last year? I know they only recently changed to starting interviews in January, but I'm not sure when exactly. That could be why it's so early, but it makes sense that they might start as early as next week since I believe this is the last big wave of interviews before they start up again on the 21st, so they may have time to do post-interview reviews.
I hope they start early! [emoji3]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Were there interviews in December last year? I know they only recently changed to starting interviews in January, but I'm not sure when exactly. That could be why it's so early, but it makes sense that they might start as early as next week since I believe this is the last big wave of interviews before they start up again on the 21st, so they may have time to do post-interview reviews.
I hope they start early! [emoji3]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nope, at least for the last 2 years the interview schedule has been the same.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Nope, at least for the last 2 years the interview schedule has been the same.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh awesome! Fingers crossed we all hear good news soon! [emoji51]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Those who interviewed already, how did you feel about it? My interview was Friday. It was alright, they were very friendly and easy going, but didn't ask about my background or my application almost at all... I got 5-6 different leadership, teamwork, working as group type personality questions, 1 ethical question, and the only thing they mentioned from my application was my comment about animal welfare in my essay and they asked me to define that term. Never asked about any of my experiences, research, nothing. I'm IS and I love OSU, but it felt like they maybe didn't read my application or were uninterested in it? In the past, people said they had a lot of specific questions about their experiences.
I'm sure it depends on your interviewers and their preferred style.Those who interviewed already, how did you feel about it? My interview was Friday. It was alright, they were very friendly and easy going, but didn't ask about my background or my application almost at all... I got 5-6 different leadership, teamwork, working as group type personality questions, 1 ethical question, and the only thing they mentioned from my application was my comment about animal welfare in my essay and they asked me to define that term. Never asked about any of my experiences, research, nothing. I'm IS and I love OSU, but it felt like they maybe didn't read my application or were uninterested in it? In the past, people said they had a lot of specific questions about their experiences.
It sounds like you mostly had behavioral questions- it's just a different interview type and doesn't mean anything bad. Some schools only do behavioral questions and interviewers don't read your file at all.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Those who interviewed already, how did you feel about it? My interview was Friday. It was alright, they were very friendly and easy going, but didn't ask about my background or my application almost at all... I got 5-6 different leadership, teamwork, working as group type personality questions, 1 ethical question, and the only thing they mentioned from my application was my comment about animal welfare in my essay and they asked me to define that term. Never asked about any of my experiences, research, nothing. I'm IS and I love OSU, but it felt like they maybe didn't read my application or were uninterested in it? In the past, people said they had a lot of specific questions about their experiences.
I agree with TrashPanda that it was probably just your interviewers style, so try not to over-think it🙂 I had a mix of behavioral questions and questions about experiences from application/personal statement.
Hey thanks guys, perhaps I am overthinking it a bit, but maybe that's the nature of the beast until February hah! Good luck to everyone![]()
Like everyone else already said, some interviewers like the behavioral style better. Admissions definitely read your application so don't feel like they didn't get to know you - you wouldn't have gotten an interview otherwise!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Like everyone else already said, some interviewers like the behavioral style better. Admissions definitely read your application so don't feel like they didn't get to know you - you wouldn't have gotten an interview otherwise!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thank you! Yeah I think I'm just overanalyzing everything / being overly critical
That's what vet students do best!Thank you! Yeah I think I'm just overanalyzing everything / being overly critical![]()
The original questions they asked were behavioural and not specific to my application, but sometimes they'd ask followup questions related to my application or point something out they found interesting. So it was clear they did read my application.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I almost had a heart attack when they sent that interview survey. I thought they were getting back to us already. Not that that is likely though.
Where did you receive the interview survey? I didn't get that emailI almost had a heart attack when they sent that interview survey. I thought they were getting back to us already. Not that that is likely though.
I received it through an email today from April Pugh. What day did you interview? Maybe she is sending it out in the order the interviews were.
I go to Midwest conference with my boss every year and she registered us for said conference yesterday...so I got a confirmation email from "Ohio Veterinary Medical..."
Thankfully it didn't freak me out too much because I was thinking it was just the survey that OSU sends out haha
Thankfully it didn't freak me out too much because I was thinking it was just the survey that OSU sends out haha
lol I didn't realize they sent out a survey- and I almost freaked out. But I'm glad it's not here yet lol. No news is good news I suppose.
That happened to me last year, haha! Rooting for you all 😀I almost had a heart attack when they sent that interview survey. I thought they were getting back to us already. Not that that is likely though.
lol I didn't realize they sent out a survey- and I almost freaked out. But I'm glad it's not here yet lol. No news is good news I suppose.
I got the survey this morning...I interviewed on Friday, so yeah they probably sent it out based on interview day
Awesome sauce! I assume you got a call? What day did you interview?Accepted! 😀
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!! Very exciting news for you!Accepted! 😀
Yes, it was amazing (the call). I interviewed on 1/5/17. 🙂.Awesome sauce! I assume you got a call? What day did you interview?
Interviewed the 4th and have no response yet - though I never even thought I'd get an interview and knew i would be waiting until feb to hear anything. was just being hopeful i would hear early.
Congrats on everyone who got accepted today !!
Congrats on everyone who got accepted today !!
From my understanding, most acceptances will be done in February. I was so excited I posted but maybe I shouldn't have. On the bright side, We are almost halfway through January! I know the wait can be difficult (been there!).Interviewed the 4th and have no response yet - though I never even thought I'd get an interview and knew i would be waiting until feb to hear anything. was just being hopeful i would hear early.
Congrats on everyone who got accepted today !!
