the_mc_626
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me!Any 1030 interviewees still waiting?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Me!Any 1030 interviewees still waiting?
wait whattt...?! I was also in the info session and thought I heard little less than that.. ooh so competitive🥲..ME! Especially after they said they are interviewing over 575 applicants!!!
There’s truly nothing to be nervous about- the interview is very conversational and honestly kind of relaxing? The interviewers are super sweet and will gladly repeat questions as needed or give you time to think. At least for my interview, there were no “gotcha” questions or anything too tricky to answer. I really enjoyed my experience here!I’m definitely feeling the pre interview jitters!!!!
For what it's worth imo the waiting room was absolutely the worst part! You've got this.currently waiting in the waiting room. trying to take lots of deep breaths
Also in the waiting room. Good luck!currently waiting in the waiting room. trying to take lots of deep breaths
Good luck to you as well!!!Also in the waiting room. Good luck!
I had two who alternated asking questions. You might’ve had someone shadowing it- my interviewer mentioned something about waiting for a potential shadow to join but it didn’t end up happening.Did anyone have an interviewer hardly speak at all? I had one interviewer who after introducing himself, didn’t say anything or ask me questions
I'm not sure. A first year student and an alumnus interviewed me 🤷🏻♀️ my guess is it's somewhat randomDoes it mean anything if you didn’t have a second year interviewer? I know at the panel a bunch of second years said they were interviewing but I didn’t have any students interviewing me
I didn’t!Did anyone get a “Thank you for interviewing” email? I got one from other schools and I’m not sure if it’s something Ohio does.
The interviewer in my breakout room said we should hear back by Feb 6th but Sandra Dawkins said 2-3 weeks!Do you know how long we have to wait until we find out? I interviewed this morning at 9am and this is the last school I am waiting on!
Aren’t there more interviews scheduled for February 6th?The interviewer in my breakout room said we should hear back by Feb 6th but Sandra Dawkins said 2-3 weeks!
Yes but I believe it’s on a rolling basis... so I think we hear back before the rest do if I understand that correctly?Aren’t there more interviews scheduled for February 6th?
In my case yes! Plus an intro.Was the interview format similar to previous years with 4-5 situational questions?
I don’t think so? From what I’ve been told by an alumni who’s interviewed people before is that they score your application and they score your interview and then offer you a spot based off of your total score but don’t quote me on that cause it could have changed or may be wrong. I think 4-5 questions is normal depending on the length of your response? I was asked about 5 questions for my K-state interview that was 25 minutes.I am so nervous! My interview went so well but there is so much competition so I feel like that doesn't matter so much. Do you think they already have a group of students that they already want before they start the interviews? I only got asked 4 questions.
Yeah I was also partly wondering about that. I'm wondering if it depends. Or what really messing up entails. I wonder if they are looking for anything in particular during these interviews.tbh as we were alreay chosen from a very very competitive pool, it is highly likely that pretty much everyone had great experience and did very well at the interview. so I believe the interview wouldnt dramatically affect unless you really mess it up...?! like @bird.nerd mentioned I also think that they would score all the factors to select the class...
I mean .. I really wish the admissions were super clear with all the process😭like what percent of what counts towards and so on... the months and months of wait is already exhausting (killing almost) us but then there's this wondering and inferring... i think i got some mood bipolar or some kind from the whole process lolYeah I was also partly wondering about that. I'm wondering if it depends. Or what really messing up entails. I wonder if they are looking for anything in particular during these interviews.
this is all i could find on the website! Not exactly sure of the scoring. Did any of you get asked about current events/ one health during your interview or was it more “you saw a student cheating/ someone is hogging the anatomy lab...”?I mean .. I really wish the admissions were super clear with all the process😭like what percent of what counts towards and so on... the months and months of wait is already exhausting (killing almost) us but then there's this wondering and inferring... i think i got some mood bipolar or some kind from the whole process lol
Mine was more the latter. That said, my interviewers opened the floor for questions at the end so we did end up discussing One Health and research opportunities at the school. Not sure how heavily that was weighted, but since I'm genuinely interested in One Health (esp intersections between ecological and animal health) we talked a bit about it. Not so much the concepts, more on how to get involved as a student in those initiatives if that makes sense.this is all i could find on the website! Not exactly sure of the scoring. Did any of you get asked about current events/ one health during your interview or was it more “you saw a student cheating/ someone is hogging the anatomy lab...”?
About 2-3 weeks. Sandra Dawkins said 3 weeks during my interview time, but others are reporting two weeks as well, so I'm just saying 2-3 weeks lol. So not that far away! 🙂Does anyone know when we’re supposed to hear back if we got in or not?
based on clss of 2022, about 40 percent IS and about 60 percent OOS. they didnt release clsss profile of later classes so i guess probably around thatI know that they said they were interviewing just over 575, do we know about how many are IS vs OOS by chance?
Nope, doesn't mean anything! When we sign up to interview it is completely random and blinded.Does it mean anything if you didn’t have a second year interviewer? I know at the panel a bunch of second years said they were interviewing but I didn’t have any students interviewing me
OMG that's amazing, congrats!!!!!!!Just received a call from Sandra, OOS offer!! I had my interview 1/23, did not expect an offer sooo quick!!
Congrats!!! In state or OOS?JUST GOT THE CALL IM IN
Just received a call from Sandra, OOS offer!! I had my interview 1/23, did not expect an offer sooo quick!!
that's amazing! congrats!!JUST GOT THE CALL IM IN
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.