Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
How is everyone prepping for this interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Going over the same questions K-state asked me, other general practice questions from just searching on google, talking to myself in the mirror and having my fiancé mock interview me!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Going over the questions I’ve found on sdn that they’ve asked in the past. I’ve been recording myself answering the questions and then being my harshest critic. As much as the sound of my own voice makes me cringe, it has actually been really helpful!!

Reactions: 1 users
i went over past interview questions on SDN and they seem pretty stressful😅

What were some of the old OSU interview questions that you guys found on SDN?

If anyone is attending the panel this Wednesday, does anyone have any advice on how to dress? Can we dress casual since it is not an interview?

If anyone is attending the panel this Wednesday, does anyone have any advice on how to dress? Can we dress casual since it is not an interview?
I'm dressing fairly nice just to be safe but also not overdoing it. Nice top and sweater, dressier pants. I'm not sure how many of us will be there or if we will even be allowed to have our cameras on, but who knows if they are formulating first impressions etc.

But also if there are any current students on here - do you know if we will have our cameras on?

Also, has anyone not gotten a zoom link yet? This is my first interview that hasn’t given me a lot of information so I’m a bit nervous

Is your interview also on Saturday?
yep. 1:30 :) I'm trying my best to just run through some practice ethics questions, look over my app and resume, and not over worry it. The lack of info is stressing me out a bit though.

Has anyone gotten a Zoom link for the Welcome session this Wednesday (1/20)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the times on the invite are eastern or central time?

Is anyone else starting to feel the nerves of interviewing after that panel??

Is anyone else starting to feel the nerves of interviewing after that panel??
ME! Especially after they said they are interviewing over 575 applicants!!!

• Wow
ME! Especially after they said they are interviewing over 575 applicants!!!
Yeah lol it's a lot I'm kind of freaked out.
Though tbh my break out room kinda weirdly calmed me down about it. I'm sure it's gonna hit me at 2am Friday though 🙃

So I was researching possible questions from this and one of the ones asked “If you could meet any veterinarian from past or present, who would it be and why?”

I really hope they don’t ask this because I sincerely don’t have a good answer lol

So I was researching possible questions from this and one of the ones asked “If you could meet any veterinarian from past or present, who would it be and why?”

I really hope they don’t ask this because I sincerely don’t have a good answer lol
...Does anyone?! I don't have a clue! Can we do fictional??

...Does anyone?! I don't have a clue! Can we do fictional??
I know, right? Dr. Dolittle was my initial and only response to this. I'm so ignorant :rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Dudes, JAMES HERRIOT! All Creatures Great and Small! New Masterpiece series on PBS about a rural mixed GP vet in 1930s England - if you've ever been on a large animal/livestock service, SOOOOO ACCURATE. And hoo boy is he an anxious new grad :rofl:

Dudes, JAMES HERRIOT! All Creatures Great and Small! New Masterpiece series on PBS about a rural mixed GP vet in 1930s England - if you've ever been on a large animal/livestock service, SOOOOO ACCURATE. And hoo boy is he an anxious new grad :rofl:
I’ve heard of James Herriot but I’ve never read his books. I’d be afraid to give this answer though because I feel like they get this one a lot

I’ve heard of James Herriot but I’ve never read his books. I’d be afraid to give this answer though because I feel like they get this one a lot
Probably true...OOH how about Herschel from TWD?

But, in all seriousness, Dr. Sophia Yin. I wrote an entire speech for my public speaking class about her training philosophy!

Probably true...OOH how about Herschel from TWD?

But, in all seriousness, Dr. Sophia Yin. I wrote an entire speech for my public speaking class about her training philosophy!
If TWD is The Walking Dead, I don’t watch that show... zombies freak me out lol

“What would you do if you accidentally euthanized the wrong patient.”

Me: uhhh cry and drop out of the profession.

But in all seriousness what do you do in these situations?

Last edited:
lol where are you guys finding these questions? are you just making up possible ones they could ask?

• Haha
lol where are you guys finding these questions? are you just making up possible ones they could ask?
I googled “Ohio state vet school interview questions.” And I found a quizlet and a couple links that I scrolled through

“What would you do if you accidentally euthanized the wrong profession.”

Me: uhhh cry and drop out of the profession.

But in all seriousness what do you do in these situations?
As someone who interviewed last year, I wasn’t asked questions anywhere near this. They weren’t this type really. More so “tell me about a time when...”.

edit: I was also only asked 4-5 questions total.

Reactions: 3 users
As someone who interviewed last year, I wasn’t asked questions anywhere near this. They weren’t this type really. More so “tell me about a time when...”.

edit: I was also only asked 4-5 questions total.
I second this. A lot of telling about lessons you learned, and behavioral type questions. Nothing too surprising honestly!

Good luck to everyone interviewing today! You’re all going to rock it 🙂

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Uhh is anyone else not in their interview??

Mine is at 1:30, is something wrong?
They're having some issues I guess but my interview is at 9 and I'm still in the waiting room so not a good time lol. Also their tech support number is down so it's been a good morning. Hopefully they get things resolved soon!

• Wow
They're having some issues I guess but my interview is at 9 and I'm still in the waiting room so not a good time lol. Also their tech support number is down so it's been a good morning. Hopefully they get things resolved soon!
Oh man, that's stressful. Hope everything improves for you soon!

• Care
Haha your session is running late so our session (9:45 est) is waiting right now!

I'm glad I saw this! I know to expect that my 10:30 session may be behind as well.
Good luck everyone!!

I'm glad I saw this! I know to expect that my 10:30 session may be behind as well.
Good luck everyone!!
Yeah yours probably will be behind too. It's 15min later and mine still hasn't started yet! This is after a 12h overnight shift, I feel like my brain cells are withering by the seconds.

I’m also in the waiting room for my 10:30 am EST interview! They’re still running behind.

Just finished mine! Time was pretty pressing, only 30min sharp with a certain set of questions, but the interviewers are REALLY nice, it felt like a friendly conversation. I thoroughly enjoyed it! Guys you're going to rock it!!

Reactions: 3 users
Mine was closed file btw. Prepare for a short self intro and answer the situational questions with your stories from experience you'd like to highlight, because they don't know anything about you going in that meeting.

Reactions: 4 users
Mine was closed file btw. Prepare for a short self intro and answer the situational questions with your stories from experience you'd like to highlight, because they don't know anything about you going in that meeting.
Thank you for the heads up!!

Super helpful, thank you!