Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If anyone is attending the panel this Wednesday, does anyone have any advice on how to dress? Can we dress casual since it is not an interview?
 
If anyone is attending the panel this Wednesday, does anyone have any advice on how to dress? Can we dress casual since it is not an interview?
I'm dressing fairly nice just to be safe but also not overdoing it. Nice top and sweater, dressier pants. I'm not sure how many of us will be there or if we will even be allowed to have our cameras on, but who knows if they are formulating first impressions etc.

But also if there are any current students on here - do you know if we will have our cameras on?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I was researching possible questions from this and one of the ones asked “If you could meet any veterinarian from past or present, who would it be and why?”

I really hope they don’t ask this because I sincerely don’t have a good answer lol
 
So I was researching possible questions from this and one of the ones asked “If you could meet any veterinarian from past or present, who would it be and why?”

I really hope they don’t ask this because I sincerely don’t have a good answer lol
...Does anyone?! I don't have a clue! Can we do fictional??
 
Dudes, JAMES HERRIOT! All Creatures Great and Small! New Masterpiece series on PBS about a rural mixed GP vet in 1930s England - if you've ever been on a large animal/livestock service, SOOOOO ACCURATE. And hoo boy is he an anxious new grad 🤣
I’ve heard of James Herriot but I’ve never read his books. I’d be afraid to give this answer though because I feel like they get this one a lot
 
I’ve heard of James Herriot but I’ve never read his books. I’d be afraid to give this answer though because I feel like they get this one a lot
Probably true...OOH how about Herschel from TWD?

But, in all seriousness, Dr. Sophia Yin. I wrote an entire speech for my public speaking class about her training philosophy!
 
Probably true...OOH how about Herschel from TWD?

But, in all seriousness, Dr. Sophia Yin. I wrote an entire speech for my public speaking class about her training philosophy!
If TWD is The Walking Dead, I don’t watch that show... zombies freak me out lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
“What would you do if you accidentally euthanized the wrong patient.”

Me: uhhh cry and drop out of the profession.

But in all seriousness what do you do in these situations?
 
Last edited:
“What would you do if you accidentally euthanized the wrong profession.”

Me: uhhh cry and drop out of the profession.

But in all seriousness what do you do in these situations?
As someone who interviewed last year, I wasn’t asked questions anywhere near this. They weren’t this type really. More so “tell me about a time when...”.

edit: I was also only asked 4-5 questions total.
 
They're having some issues I guess but my interview is at 9 and I'm still in the waiting room so not a good time lol. Also their tech support number is down so it's been a good morning. Hopefully they get things resolved soon!
Oh man, that's stressful. Hope everything improves for you soon!
 
They're having some issues I guess but my interview is at 9 and I'm still in the waiting room so not a good time lol. Also their tech support number is down so it's been a good morning. Hopefully they get things resolved soon!
Haha your session is running late so our session (9:45 est) is waiting right now!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine was closed file btw. Prepare for a short self intro and answer the situational questions with your stories from experience you'd like to highlight, because they don't know anything about you going in that meeting.
Thank you for the heads up!!
 
Mine was closed file btw. Prepare for a short self intro and answer the situational questions with your stories from experience you'd like to highlight, because they don't know anything about you going in that meeting.
Super helpful, thank you!