Ohio State c/o 2025

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 4.20.20 PM.png

I found this when googling their interview day so at least we can know when the dates are for the interviews
 
The portal was shut down until Sunday so I wonder if they're going to post interviews there on Monday.
Yeah wondering the same thing. When I logged on just now, it looks like the application status has something added to it based on that red one being there? But it won't allow me to go further when clicking onto due to the system maintenance that they're doing.

1608401841451.png
 
I was under the impression they didn’t update the portal until we were either accepted or not, after interviews. Maybe that’s changing?? I may also be totally wrong.
 
They didn’t update the portal last year until acceptances/denials went out. Unless they changed it this year, the portal won’t show an interview invite. You’ll get an email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Maybe a current student can comment on this, but looking at their website, it says the OOS tuition fee has been reduced to just $5 a semester after the first year, meaning that basically all OOS students will pay IS tuition after their first year, regardless of residency? Just wanna make sure I'm reading that right! It would be awesome to automatically get IS tuition, even though I know their residency process is pretty clear and straightforward.
 
Maybe a current student can comment on this, but looking at their website, it says the OOS tuition fee has been reduced to just $5 a semester after the first year, meaning that basically all OOS students will pay IS tuition after their first year, regardless of residency? Just wanna make sure I'm reading that right! It would be awesome to automatically get IS tuition, even though I know their residency process is pretty clear and straightforward.
Not a current student there, but I did get an interview there last year. At the dinner the night before interviews, this was something the dean talked about I believe. At that point he said it was still being voted upon, so it looks like it did go through!
 
Maybe a current student can comment on this, but looking at their website, it says the OOS tuition fee has been reduced to just $5 a semester after the first year, meaning that basically all OOS students will pay IS tuition after their first year, regardless of residency? Just wanna make sure I'm reading that right! It would be awesome to automatically get IS tuition, even though I know their residency process is pretty clear and straightforward.

This is correct. Unlike when I was going through and they wanted to know every personal detail of my life to give residency, it's essentially guaranteed with a $5 out of state fee these days.
 
I can’t figure out how to do the portal, but I looked back and it said they would notify via email for interviews!
 
Literally saying the same exact thing as I was pulling this forum up, I just got my third rejection and don't know if I can handle anymore 😢
Just remember, all it takes is one school! I applied to 14 schools expecting 13 rejections. Hopefully Ohio will be merciful, but if not it is what it is. Rejections don't define the person. It took my friend 3 attempts to get into vet school and now shes killing it. We just gotta stay strong 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m also a current first year! I know it’s hard, but try not to stress too much! The interview invites and then interviews and then vet school will come sooner than you think! Take a deep breath, try to relax as much as you can and do your best to enjoy this crazy ride! Take this time and try to spend it with your family and doing what you love before this fall when you’ll be in vet school and crazy busy🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'll know when emails go out because the people on this thread will tell me before I get an actual email in my inbox 😂

When I got my invite in 2016, I was super busy at work. And at the end of the day, I checked my phone and there was a text from my friend saying “CHECK YOUR EMAIL.”

So much anxiety in those moments lol.
 
Last edited: