Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The email I got a few weeks ago had a link to a website with my interview information. I didn't get an email today though!
Your interview information or just interview information?

My link takes me to a general website that tells about the timeline and interview process.
I have not received any specific link for Zoom.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interview 1/21/23 and the email I received Friday did not have a designated zoom link either. Has anyone already reached out to the admissions office?
 
IMG_6274.jpg
 
Did anyone else get two breakout room assignments? I even emailed both Sandra and the CVM admissions email and they both also said two different room numbers so I’m even more confused
 
Did anyone else get two breakout room assignments? I even emailed both Sandra and the CVM admissions email and they both also said two different room numbers so I’m even more confused
I got an email saying my original room number was the right one. So I would double check with them to make sure!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Columbus is at the verrrrrry edge of the Eastern time zone - ask me how I know (it is HELL when you have to try to get up for class in the middle of winter when it's still dark out at 8am :dead: )

Or when you are a gunner student and decided to take the 7 am swine class and it’s still dark when you leave the first class 🙃 and then ask ‘why did I do this to myself’ 😂
 
Last edited:
i had mine earlier and forgot to change my name on zoom to my full name. hopefully they didn’t care but i totally meant to and am kicking myself 🥲
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my interview next week. I’ve been told in previous years that it was like an OSU grad (like a current practicing vet or professor or something) and a current CVM student. Is that still true? Also what were the questions they asked?
I had two alumni. I was also told we were all asked the same questions, so i feel it would be unfair to those who interviewed first to say what we were asked. Nothing was tricky at all though and there were some behavioral style questions
 
I had two alumni. I was also told we were all asked the same questions, so i feel it would be unfair to those who interviewed first to say what we were asked. Nothing was tricky at all though and there were some behavioral style questions
What do you mean by behavioral style questions? Could you give an example of something they didn’t ask or anything but like in that type of question? Also it’s so fine if you don’t want to!
 
I have my interview next week. I’ve been told in previous years that it was like an OSU grad (like a current practicing vet or professor or something) and a current CVM student. Is that still true? Also what were the questions they asked?

Mine were an RVT and a TA; no DVM alumni or professors. Very laid back and the people were great, and made me feel at ease since the kick off. Questions were mostly behavioral, focused on skills, confrontation/conflict resolution, etc. 30 min interview, but I only took like half the time, then I just chatted with them for a bit.
 
What do you mean by behavioral style questions? Could you give an example of something they didn’t ask or anything but like in that type of question? Also it’s so fine if you don’t want to!

A behavioral style question is when they put you in a certain scenario/situation and ask how you would react/respond. Very similar to the Casper test if you took it.
 
I have my interview next week. I’ve been told in previous years that it was like an OSU grad (like a current practicing vet or professor or something) and a current CVM student. Is that still true? Also what were the questions they asked?
I had one second year DVM student and a grad completing residency there. I'm not sure if I can talk about questions, I'm sorry! But it was personal and some behavioral.
 
Does anyone know how the interview is scored ? I know it’s 60% of the overall point system . Just curious to see if someone can shed some light . Thanks
 
Had my interview yesterday, now begins the overthinking.....😅 Though this was my 4th interview with them, I still feel like my nerves got the best of me and I didn't say everything that I meant to. Good luck everyone !🍀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
we were told all decisions would be sent out at the same time 🙂
Do you know if this is new this year? For some reason I thought they did rolling admissions last year or maybe I saw it on the website. I’m happy they’re all coming out at once. I think it eases anxiety
 
Do you know if this is new this year? For some reason I thought they did rolling admissions last year or maybe I saw it on the website. I’m happy they’re all coming out at once. I think it eases anxiety

Sandra said there will be a couple of applicants who get accepted during the week after their interview, but most of us will hear back sometime after February 4th
 
Sandra said there will be a couple of applicants who get accepted during the week after their interview, but most of us will hear back sometime after February 4th
But didn’t say how long after feb 4th? Now I’m confused lol