Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone else interviewing on the 4th? If so, have any of you received the zoom link yet? Also, I'm sure this is not the case but have I put myself at any type of disadvantage by choosing to interview on the 4th? I've been seeing a couple posts regarding how acceptances may be out by the 4th but my interview isn't until that day

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Getting nervous since I interviewed on the 21st and acceptances have started rolling out, I want to get in to school so bad this year (2nd time reapplicant). I just want to know my fate!!

Tysm!! I got my acceptance email today around 1:30 pst and interviewed on 1/21. First time applicant who had a very rough first 1.5ish years in undergrad academically speaking before finally figuring my **** out towards the end. Never thought this day would come, please reach out if you have any other questions!

cumulative GPA: 3.64
overall science GPA: 3.46
last 45 GPA: 3.97
Are they not doing calls for acceptances then? Just emails?

Members don't see this ad :)
Getting nervous since I interviewed on the 21st and acceptances have started rolling out, I want to get in to school so bad this year (2nd time reapplicant). I just want to know my fate!!
I feel this lol. I want to know if I am either going to school, going to be sticking it out at my current job, or looking into working somewhere else. This is also my third application cycle and I just want to be done already!

• Care
Are they not doing calls for acceptances then? Just emails?
not sure, I wasn't even expecting an email today as it's the weekend so maybe a phone call will be following on Monday?

Reactions: 1 user
Feeling very dejected about my interview :( I had such bad technical difficulties that I ended up having to turn my camera off for half the interview just so my audio could make it through :( I'm so disappointed because my interviewers were really nice and I feel like we could have connected better, and I also feel like my responses were shortened/not fully what I wanted them to be because I had to keep repeating myself/restating my thoughts :( hopefully this doesn't weigh me down too terribly but I just had to share/get this out of my head

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Ohio State is literally my dream school. There values to mental health and their students are amazing. I thought my interview went fantastic. I am praying to the lord I get in. Having a lower GPA from all those organic chem courses is holding me back. Hoping for a miracle!!!

Reactions: 5 users
Feeling very dejected about my interview :( I had such bad technical difficulties that I ended up having to turn my camera off for half the interview just so my audio could make it through :( I'm so disappointed because my interviewers were really nice and I feel like we could have connected better, and I also feel like my responses were shortened/not fully what I wanted them to be because I had to keep repeating myself/restating my thoughts :( hopefully this doesn't weigh me down too terribly but I just had to share/get this out of my head
I read somewhere that someone interviewed with Kansas and dropped the call entirely due to their internet going down and still got in. Maybe they thought you showed professionalism and handled the situation well and were impressed by that. Don’t lose hope!

OOS acceptance! Found out yesterday (1/28) afternoon; interviewed 1/21. So grateful.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Is anyone else interviewing on the 4th? If so, have any of you received the zoom link yet? Also, I'm sure this is not the case but have I put myself at any type of disadvantage by choosing to interview on the 4th? I've been seeing a couple posts regarding how acceptances may be out by the 4th but my interview isn't until that day
I am interviewing on the 4th and have not received anything. I am going in nervous and also feeling disadvantaged after now hearing about early acceptances. I maybe would have picked a different date if I knew….

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing on the 4th and have not received anything. I am going in nervous and also feeling disadvantaged after now hearing about early acceptances. I maybe would have picked a different date if I knew….
I don’t think they’re going to give away all of the seats they have before the 4th. Sandra said the majority of us will not hear until all interviews are done

Tysm!! I got my acceptance email today around 1:30 pst and interviewed on 1/21. First time applicant who had a very rough first 1.5ish years in undergrad academically speaking before finally figuring my **** out towards the end. Never thought this day would come, please reach out if you have any other questions!

cumulative GPA: 3.64
overall science GPA: 3.46
last 45 GPA: 3.97
So happy for you!

I didn’t receive a zoom link until Wednesday of the week of my interview so don’t sweat! Also, from what I’ve seen, early acceptances only go to a few very high scorers who they know will be accepted anyways once everyone is ranked. So I don’t think interview day changes anything :)

I didn’t receive a zoom link until Wednesday of the week of my interview so don’t sweat! Also, from what I’ve seen, early acceptances only go to a few very high scorers who they know will be accepted anyways once everyone is ranked. So I don’t think interview day changes anything :)
this is good to hear and makes me feel a bit better thank you!

Does anyone know what determines early acceptance? I thought I had a good interview and GPA but now I'm stressed out about not hearing anything :/

Does anyone know what determines early acceptance? I thought I had a good interview and GPA but now I'm stressed out about not hearing anything :/

The students w/ the highest scores overall get the early admissions

GPA is only worth 10% of their final score. tOSU is very holistic. 30% is extracurriculars, animal/vet experience, etc. 60% is the interview.
Highest scores = early admission

GPA is only worth 10% of their final score. tOSU is very holistic. 30% is extracurriculars, animal/vet experience, etc. 60% is the interview.
Highest scores = early admission
I hate being autistic lol interviews are the worst for me so I probably shot myself in the foot there 😬

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
I didn't mention any specific schools or anything. But i asked a question about what its like during your clinical years, if you get to pick your rounds, if you can put an emphasis on a certain field of medicine (tracking) etc....my interviewer ended up sharing his opinion about why he thinks tracking is bad. He started saying that vet schools that have tracking systems "don't make real vets"....he said he hates UC Davis and told me that its an awful school because "none of their vets are well rounded' and then he went on to talk about why he never hires any vets who come from UC Davis or other tracking schools. He was super rude about it and went on and on and on about his hatred for UC Davis and said that if I choose to go to a school that offers tracking...then I'll never be "real vet"
I'm sorry you had this experience! I had an interview with a school where the interviewer insulted some of the coursework I took for GEs, calling them useless and a waste of time in addition to a few other things that really threw me. I still ended up getting called off the waitlist for that school the second waitlist calls went out. Other people had similar experiences as me and reached out to the school and they actually sent out an apology and assured us they'd be looking over the interview scores. If it is of concern to you, it is okay to try and reach out to someone to simply notify them of this incident.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that any incoming classes will have a different curriculum than the classes 2025 and up, so your interviewers likely don't know anything about when rotations will start or if they will have many differences for the incoming classes. I am a current first year in the new curriculum and changes to our clinical year are still up in the air. If you have questions about it I'd recommend reaching out to Sandra Dawkins who is SUPER helpful and nice.

I'm sorry you had this experience! I had an interview with a school where the interviewer insulted some of the coursework I took for GEs, calling them useless and a waste of time in addition to a few other things that really threw me. I still ended up getting called off the waitlist for that school the second waitlist calls went out. Other people had similar experiences as me and reached out to the school and they actually sent out an apology and assured us they'd be looking over the interview scores. If it is of concern to you, it is okay to try and reach out to someone to simply notify them of this incident.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that any incoming classes will have a different curriculum than the classes 2025 and up, so your interviewers likely don't know anything about when rotations will start or if they will have many differences for the incoming classes. I am a current first year in the new curriculum and changes to our clinical year are still up in the air. If you have questions about it I'd recommend reaching out to Sandra Dawkins who is SUPER helpful and nice.
Hi,

Can you expand on the changes in curriculum? Thanks.

I apologize if this has already been asked/explained but I want to make absolutely sure: Is the interview open or closed file?

I apologize if this has already been asked/explained but I want to make absolutely sure: Is the interview open or closed file?
The interview per Ms. Dawkins is “blind”, closed file. My interviewers knew nothing about me and also weren’t allowed to ask questions about me or any follow up questions, they just asked the same questions that every applicant is asked.

The interview per Ms. Dawkins is “blind”, closed file. My interviewers knew nothing about me and also weren’t allowed to ask questions about me or any follow up questions, they just asked the same questions that every applicant is asked.
Thank you!!

• Care
Physics is not required but biochemistry is….orgo is a prerequisite to take biochemistry so you’ll end up having to take orgo anyways
i took orgo 1 and already took bio chem so i assume i’m fine and don’t have to take orgo 2?

Hi,

Can you expand on the changes in curriculum? Thanks.
Their new curriculum is a block based system. First year is anatomy with normal physiology. Along with population level medicine, and a few professional development based classes. Second year will be abnormal/disease. Third year is supposed to be more clinical diagnostics, surgery, etc, with a current plan to start clinicals half a semester early.

Reactions: 4 users
Their new curriculum is a block based system. First year is anatomy with normal physiology. Along with population level medicine, and a few professional development based classes. Second year will be abnormal/disease. Third year is supposed to be more clinical diagnostics, surgery, etc, with a current plan to start clinicals half a semester early.
Thank you.

Did each interview date receive a different decisions date?
My daughter interviewed on the 21st and her interviewers said they would hear by the 4th or Monday after .

Did each interview date receive a different decisions date?
I guess so. Doesn’t really make sense for us to hear back this Friday when a lot of people still have to interview this Saturday. I would assume we would all hear back at once. Hopefully Monday!

I guess so. Doesn’t really make sense for us to hear back this Friday when a lot of people still have to interview this Saturday. I would assume we would all hear back at once. Hopefully Monday!
That’s what I was thinking as well.

My daughter interviewed on the 21st and her interviewers said they would hear by the 4th or Monday after .
I also interviewed the 21st and was told the same. I also recall in the orginal email inviting me to interview it said admissions would be made on a rolling basis. I'm not sure exactly what that means though.