Ohio State MEDPATH 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg... interview april 12 as well!!! wow

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations, you two!! I know I said I was done with this thread, but I'm not, lol.

Anyways, you've already won half the battle and beat out a buttload of people in the process!! Knock 'em dead!

Members don't see this ad :)
INTERVIEW INVITE APRIL 14TH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I feel so blessed.

:)....:D....:love:....Congrats to everyone else who received interviews!

Interview invite!! 04/12!!! :love: woohooo!! :D

Aww man I gots nothing in my inbox. Guess that means I'm rejected :( Do you think all the invites are going out today??

ok, been rejected to all (ALL!) MD applications. So there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. And this is it!! Need to kick ass on the interview. Anybody feel the same way? Just so excited..

ok, been rejected to all (ALL!) MD applications. So there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel. And this is it!! Need to kick ass on the interview. Anybody feel the same way? Just so excited..

CONGRATS!!! and to everyone too!!:thumbup:

is anyone planning on staying with a MEDPATH student or in a hotel?

is anyone planning on staying with a MEDPATH student or in a hotel?

im actually going to stay from sat to tues.. never been to columbus.. and im taking off work anyway..so why not.. as far as lodging.. i could possibly stay with one for sunday night.. but i plan on staying in a hotel the rest of the days

Members don't see this ad :)
im actually going to stay from sat to tues.. never been to columbus.. and im taking off work anyway..so why not.. as far as lodging.. i could possibly stay with one for sunday night.. but i plan on staying in a hotel the rest of the days
oh okay sounds good!

april 14th here!!

Congrats to everyone with interview invites.

When did you all submit your MEDPATH application? Does anyone know if more invites will go out? Are non-trads considered favorably with this pathway?

I am a little concerned b/c I submitted my application few days before the deadline. I am still optimistic and keeping my fate hopeful.

Any insights will be helpful since I am new to this process.
:confused:

I just got an interview invite today for April 12!!! SO excited!!!! :D

When did you all submit your MEDPATH application? Does anyone know if more invites will go out? Are non-trads considered favorably with this pathway?

I am a little concerned b/c I submitted my application few days before the deadline. I am still optimistic and keeping my fate hopeful.

keep waiting. I submitted mine a day before the deadline with fedex overnight. I got the email confirmation the next Tuesday of the following week. Did you get any confirmation email that they indeed received your application? Based on that email confirmation, interview invites are to be sent early March so I assume you should hear from them by either today or tomorrow. Perhaps try to email Nikki if you don't hear anything..Good luck to you :)

so I called and just spoke to Nikki and she said all the invites have been sent out...bummer o well congrats to everyone who received one!!!!

keep waiting. I submitted mine a day before the deadline with fedex overnight. I got the email confirmation the next Tuesday of the following week. Did you get any confirmation email that they indeed received your application? Based on that email confirmation, interview invites are to be sent early March so I assume you should hear from them by either today or tomorrow. Perhaps try to email Nikki if you don't hear anything..Good luck to you :)

Thanks for replying to my post. I did get an email confirmation. I will call tomorrow.

so I called and just spoke to Nikki and she said all the invites have been sent out...bummer o well congrats to everyone who received one!!!!

Oh, well, we are out of luck. Good luck to all those vying for a space. I will still call to check.

Have you checked your OSU status page yet? I haven't received word either way yet...so here's hoping.... good luck

nothing yet! but i think they sent out all of the invites already.

nothing yet! but i think they sent out all of the invites already.

I talked to admissions and yes, they have dispersed the invites and are waiting for students to confirm them. I'm assuming if our files are still open that if students withdraw, we will be next in line.......

I talked to admissions and yes, they have dispersed the invites and are waiting for students to confirm them. I'm assuming if our files are still open that if students withdraw, we will be next in line.......

yes, thats right! I wonder if anyone got a rejection yet!! I think they start sending out rejection letters tomorrow, they didnt even get to it yet!!..good luck!!

...non-traditional here w/ interview invite, however, one can't really gauge favorability based upon lil ole me ...:)

yes, thats right! I wonder if anyone got a rejection yet!! I think they start sending out rejection letters tomorrow, they didnt even get to it yet!!..good luck!!

No rejection here, yet. But no interview invite either... Well, I guess i am out of luck too. Does anyone know what are the selection factors for the interview? Grades, MCAT, and race/disadvantage status? Is the med school selecting the interviewees or the Medpath office?

No rejection here, yet. But no interview invite either... Well, I guess i am out of luck too. Does anyone know what are the selection factors for the interview? Grades, MCAT, and race/disadvantage status? Is the med school selecting the interviewees or the Medpath office?

if you don't get invitation nor rejection yet, it is possible that they are still waiting for us who are invited to confirm that we are going...so for sure there could be some spots opening..

Hey,

Can anyone check their status page real quick and let me know if it says "Please Confirm" next to the interview date....b/c after my lil sis clicked it....she was able to check off " I will attend...." and then she is not sure if "please Confirm" on the status page changed to "Confirmed" next to the interview date.....

If yall can check if it changed....id appreciate it

and congrats to everyone on your interview invites including my sis..:)

Hey,

Can anyone check their status page real quick and let me know if it says "Please Confirm" next to the interview date....b/c after my lil sis clicked it....she was able to check off " I will attend...." and then she is not sure if "please Confirm" on the status page changed to "Confirmed" next to the interview date.....

If yall can check if it changed....id appreciate it

and congrats to everyone on your interview invites including my sis..:)

It changed :)

Has anyone called 2 arrange to stay with a pbp student yet? If so how did it go?
Ya. They put you name on a list and email it to students to see if they have the time to host you. Im still waiting to hear back

any medpath veterans out there.. what info is your interviewer privy 2 during/b4 the interview? grades, mcat, primary, 2ndary, pbp 2ndary..etc?

thanx

any medpath veterans out there.. what info is your interviewer privy 2 during/b4 the interview? grades, mcat, primary, 2ndary, pbp 2ndary..etc?

thanx

...not too long ago, a current Mp'er posted on this thread offering to answer any questions we may have had...I've been emailing her and asked the very same question...she stated that she interviewed with only one faculty member...her interviewer knew her application inside and out and virtually had it memorized...so her advice is to know your amcas app, secondary app, and medpath application very well...she also recommends bringing a resume too just in case...

If you have any other questions, I will do my best to pass along her answers if it's something she's already answered for me.:)

Does anyone know when are we notified if we are accepted and if we are getting the full tuition scholarship for the post-bacc?

Does anyone know when are we notified if we are accepted and if we are getting the full tuition scholarship for the post-bacc?

...according to our current MP'er, letters of acceptance/rejection were mailed within a few weeks after the interview, so my guess is that we would hear our fate by early May...

...additionally, the OSU-COM states that, "Student’s who submit their FAFSA form by the March 1st deadline, will receive their financial aid award letters in mid-May showing the amount of federal loans being offered to assist in paying expenses for the upcoming school year."...

...also, consider the following post found in the Medpath 2008 posts:

"My status page reads: filed closed.
However, at my interview, some of the fourth year students, who were past medpathers, told me that the status page read as filed closed, but not to worry. I means that the admissions committee has finished review of your file and a letter has been mailed. Also keep in mind that no one is flat out rejected from medpath. Half of those that interviewed will be accepted and the other half will be alternates.

Hope this helps...:)

I have a quick question. For those of you who were invited to complete the medpath application, what was the deadline?? I didnt expect to find this information on its webiste, but from what you guys are saying I am assuming early January.

I have a quick question. For those of you who were invited to complete the medpath application, what was the deadline?? I didnt expect to find this information on its webiste, but from what you guys are saying I am assuming early January.

...the MEDPATH application was due by February 12th, 2010....

if there are any potential medpathers who are interviewing on the 14..that would not mind switching with me.. on the 12th... I would greatttly appreciate it.. and I will repay u very generously.. pm me plz or email me... [email protected]

I have the same request! I was wondering if I could also switch with anyone. I need to change mine to the 14th! PM me please! Thank you so muccch!

First of all, I'd like to congratulate everyone who has been invited to the interview. But at the same time, I also want to see if anyone has received a rejection letter from Medpath or Ohio State. I didn't get an interview invite. However, my status still stays the same. So as of today, I still haven't got a rejection email or a rejection letter in the mail.

...not too long ago, a current Mp'er posted on this thread offering to answer any questions we may have had...I've been emailing her and asked the very same question...she stated that she interviewed with only one faculty member...her interviewer knew her application inside and out and virtually had it memorized...so her advice is to know your amcas app, secondary app, and medpath application very well...she also recommends bringing a resume too just in case...

If you have any other questions, I will do my best to pass along her answers if it's something she's already answered for me.:)

anyone know what info the interviewer will have?

Here's one current mp'ers perspective...;-)