Ohio State MEDPATH 2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anybody interested to switch the interview date from 04/14 to 04/12? If so, please PM me. I have my interview on 04/12 but need to change it to 04/14. ;)

Thank you!

I had a question, it states that we needed to complete our FAFSA by March 1st, if we haven't completed it by then does that make us AUTOMATICALLY inelligible for the scholarship? I wasn't sure. Also, what is the eligibility criteria for the scholarship? It also states that as far as federal loans go, independent students are eligible for 12,500 and dependent students are eligible for 5,500 is that per semester or per year?
And, how quickly do students find out if they've received the scholarship?

Is anybody interested to switch the interview date from 04/14 to 04/12? If so, please PM me. I have my interview on 04/12 but need to change it to 04/14. ;)

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a question, it states that we needed to complete our FAFSA by March 1st, if we haven't completed it by then does that make us AUTOMATICALLY inelligible for the scholarship? I wasn't sure. Also, what is the eligibility criteria for the scholarship? It also states that as far as federal loans go, independent students are eligible for 12,500 and dependent students are eligible for 5,500 is that per semester or per year?
And, how quickly do students find out if they've received the scholarship?
Umm I think they have that deadline so they can get your info processed. So if you file after it may delay or risk your chance of getting aid. I would just hurry and get it in.

what are the chances that they will ask about what we wrote in the MD 2ndary.. define altruism..etc.. because i for the life of me cant find what i wrote..and cant remember what i said..at all..

what are the chances that they will ask about what we wrote in the MD 2ndary.. define altruism..etc.. because i for the life of me cant find what i wrote..and cant remember what i said..at all..

I am thinking the same thing. I totally forgot what I wrote on the secondary. I think it is about defining altruism and about how you see yourself 10 years after graduation from medical school based on your past experiences.

Did any of you guys get an email from the financial aid office asking that you verify some information on their website? If so, how were you guys able to access the website? I don't have a password so I am not sure what I am suppossed to be doing in that sense...

I am thinking the same thing. I totally forgot what I wrote on the secondary. I think it is about defining altruism and about how you see yourself 10 years after graduation from medical school based on your past experiences.

i didnt get anything about fin aid.. i did file my fafsa and sent it to osu in jan though.. not sure whats up with that..

Did any of you guys get an email from the financial aid office asking that you verify some information on their website? If so, how were you guys able to access the website? I don't have a password so I am not sure what I am suppossed to be doing in that sense...

I got that email too. I tried confirm or do whatever the email said but It didn't work. I was messing around with it and it came up to a screen that said that my status was waiting on approval to the school. So I guess we have to wait or bring that up next week at the interviews.

:scared: I know!! Good luck to everybody!! :biglove:

How did you guys interviews go this Monday? Wow what an awesome place and really really nice people. Nikki said we will know by Monday next week or early next week. I think she also said the financial aid (if we get it ) comes with the letter too.

How did you guys interviews go this Monday? Wow what an awesome place and really really nice people. Nikki said we will know by Monday next week or early next week. I think she also said the financial aid (if we get it ) comes with the letter too.

Wow that's really quick... any other great info u have? How was the interview? And stress level.questions..etc?

Members don't see this ad :)

+1...that's a much quicker turnaround time than expected...I thought we wouldn't know until like the first week of May...sweet either way.

+1...that's a much quicker turnaround time than expected...I thought we wouldn't know until like the first week of May...sweet either way.

yes I talked personally to Nikki and that was what at least she said. The committee convened this afternoon of today (Monday) after the interview and Wednesday after the next batch interview..so I guess there is fast turnaround.. Regarding tips for the interview, definitely go to Tuesday night session! The current Medpathers plus couple of Med students that are former Medpathers will be there and will share their experiences. I can tell you that they are very helpful and genuinely nice people. My personal experience on the interview: it was very conversational and it was more about her knowing my background. I would say it was a lot more relaxed than I thought. She still threw me some questions which I knew it would come such as my weaknesses/what adjectives that best describe me/why my grades sucked at this particular semester :laugh:/ what I do at work in general (not detail). Plus I had one ethics question. So be prepared on this one. However, there are about 7 to 8 interviewers and so each one will have different sets of questions of course. But in general I felt that it was low-stress overall. Good luck to the Wednesday group!

yes I talked personally to Nikki and that was what at least she said. The committee convened this afternoon of today (Monday) after the interview and Wednesday after the next batch interview..so I guess there is fast turnaround.. Regarding tips for the interview, definitely go to Tuesday night session! The current Medpathers plus couple of Med students that are former Medpathers will be there and will share their experiences. I can tell you that they are very helpful and genuinely nice people. My personal experience on the interview: it was very conversational and it was more about her knowing my background. I would say it was a lot more relaxed than I thought. She still threw me some questions which I knew it would come such as my weaknesses/what adjectives that best describe me/why my grades sucked at this particular semester :laugh:/ what I do at work in general (not detail). Plus I had one ethics question. So be prepared on this one. However, there are about 7 to 8 interviewers and so each one will have different sets of questions of course. But in general I felt that it was low-stress overall. Good luck to the Wednesday group!

Thanks for sharing! Anyone else care to weigh in on their experience, hmm....??:)

thanx 4 the info...wow she would have a hard time trying to ask about a bad semester of grades 4 me! because most of them werent that great...shed be more inclined to ask why my grades were so good that 1 and only semester! :laugh: well.ill try to be ready!

thanx 4 the info...wow she would have a hard time trying to ask about a bad semester of grades 4 me! because most of them werent that great...shed be more inclined to ask why my grades were so good that 1 and only semester! :laugh: well.ill try to be ready!

Don't worry the tone if they ask you about grades is not intrusive at all, since I guess most of us including me did bad :). But beyond that, I tried to tell her what I learned from it..and how those bad moments have shaped me the person I am today...Anyway good luck to the Wednesday group!! Again, don't miss the session tonight -- it will help you calm the nerves..plus you will meet super nice current medpathers there!

Best of luck to you guys!

I had a quick question regarding whether or not this program is right for me: I will probably have a 3.1 or 3.2 science gpa and a 3.35 overall, with 2 retakes (one genetics, one ochem first quarter), from a top ten school. I have yet to take the mcats. I was debating between applying for smps like medpath or doing something like siu medprep. Any thoughts?

Best of luck to you guys!

I had a quick question regarding whether or not this program is right for me: I will probably have a 3.1 or 3.2 science gpa and a 3.35 overall, with 2 retakes (one genetics, one ochem first quarter), from a top ten school. I have yet to take the mcats. I was debating between applying for smps like medpath or doing something like siu medprep. Any thoughts?

Hmm, not sure about one versus the other, but I do know that you can not directly apply to medpath - your application has to be recommended from the general pool of applicants. Something to keep in mind...here are some links which may be a better forum for your question:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=640302&highlight=smp+vs+post+bac

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=346106&highlight=smp+vs+post+bac

Don't worry the tone if they ask you about grades is not intrusive at all, since I guess most of us including me did bad :). But beyond that, I tried to tell her what I learned from it..and how those bad moments have shaped me the person I am today...Anyway good luck to the Wednesday group!! Again, don't miss the session tonight -- it will help you calm the nerves..plus you will meet super nice current medpathers there!

i think things went well.. she didnt as me about my grades at all.. or anything numbers wise.. she just asked me things about my app.. hopefully she represented me well to the committee

i think things went well.. she didnt as me about my grades at all.. or anything numbers wise.. she just asked me things about my app.. hopefully she represented me well to the committee

let's hope for the best and good luck to all of us!

our group didnt really ask nikki about the turnaround time.. everyone just kept saying 2/3 weeks.. all the formers.. and currents... i really would love for it to be monday..

our group didnt really ask nikki about the turnaround time.. everyone just kept saying 2/3 weeks.. all the formers.. and currents... i really would love for it to be monday..

Yeah I never heard anything about Monday, what I did hear was that it may be 2-3 weeks, and that was from current and pasts MP's. I would love to know tho! Ahh. The waiting is the worst.

Yeah I never heard anything about Monday, what I did hear was that it may be 2-3 weeks, and that was from current and pasts MP's. I would love to know tho! Ahh. The waiting is the worst.

After my interview (monday), when I was leaving the director of the program told me they were going to try to let us know by Monday. Yes, the wait is the worst...hopefully we'll know by early next week. :xf:

Hmm, well we did find out about interviews alot earlier than in previous years...maybe we'll find out about our statuses earlier than usual as well...

Hmm, well we did find out about interviews alot earlier than in previous years...maybe we'll find out about our statuses earlier than usual as well...

theres always this eery quiet after interviews...ive noticed over the past few cycles..

theres always this eery quiet after interviews...ive noticed over the past few cycles..

...probably due to the fact that the day of proving has passed...for months (even years) we been pouring ourselves into this application process, hoping to fit the profile for someone's incoming class...all the questions have been asked, all of the answers given...except one...and so we wait....:p

...but like I told some of the people I interviewed with...my skin is crawling with anticipation and excitement...:p

<~~~~ constantly and neurotically checking inbox

Me too. I'm hoping we'll hear back from the admissions office this week...I'm anxiously waiting :barf:

Update! Ms. Radcliffe states that we'll receive a notification in the mail sometime this week. :)

When did you get this info?? Did you call? Mail? :eek:

aphio emailed nikki sometime last week..and she emailed her back today

:D oh...hehehe..ok..thanks. and I guess "senior member" just means that you have been a member for awhile ;)

Ok, so I've been keeping up with this thread even though I have no stake in this program or whatever. I like reading and being in the know, I guess. :oops:

Anyway, as far as "member" vs. "senior member" goes, all of that is based off your number of posts. You start off as a junior member, then when you reach around 100 posts you're a senior member, and then maybe around 100/150/200 (I haven't kept up with the specifics), you're just a member. I've seen 1K members, 5K members, etc.

Okay, I'm out. Back to my lurking in this thread. :whoa:

Me too. I'm hoping we'll hear back from the admissions office this week...I'm anxiously waiting :barf:

Hmmm, nothing today either...maybe tomorrow..or Thursday...anybody here applying to any other post bac programs? Damn, I just saw that Wake Forest..I should have included that. Could have been nice to have more than one choice. Oh well, too late now..

Hmmm, nothing today either...maybe tomorrow..or Thursday...anybody here applying to any other post bac programs? Damn, I just saw that Wake Forest..I should have included that. Could have been nice to have more than one choice. Oh well, too late now..

yea i just applied to wake and osu.. so you got your mail today already? i havent called my parents house to badger them about the mail yet.. i dont think it gets there til around 330 cst...

this is going to be the longest week ever..

....accepted to msu's able program...

....accepted to msu's able program...

oh wow! congratulations on that one..are you required to retake the MCAT for that program?? I'm so jealous..:smuggrin:

hi guys, do you know of other post bac programs similar to Wake Forest that does not require to retake the MCAT? Would it be nice to be in a year post bac program without worrying about the MCAT and just taking upper lever Bio courses and 1 or 2 med school courses huh..Oh well, getting so anxious about this OSU wait. Tick tack tick tack tick tack..:whistle:

hi guys, do you know of other post bac programs similar to Wake Forest that does not require to retake the MCAT? Would it be nice to be in a year post bac program without worrying about the MCAT and just taking upper lever Bio courses and 1 or 2 med school courses huh..Oh well, getting so anxious about this OSU wait. Tick tack tick tack tick tack..:whistle:

The only way you have to retake the MCAT for Wake Forest is if it expires by the time you matriculate to the medical school. If your MCAT will not expire by then, then it might be an option for you...

The only way you have to retake the MCAT for Wake Forest is if it expires by the time you matriculate to the medical school. If your MCAT will not expire by then, then it might be an option for you...

Oh I see...thanks for the info!

I am still confused about how the decision is going to be sent. Is it through the mail? or through email? Does anyone know? In the past threads, I remember them receiving though the mail, in fact, somebody was chasing the mailman. In some other posts, it is through email with link to the status change..Anyone who have contact with Medpath office recently?