Ohio University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDoogie4

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am an OU-COM hopeful. I was wondering if anyone has applied and been accepted to Ohio University. If you don't mind, would you post your stats as well so I could get a feel where I stand. I have a cum GPA of 3.35 and a science of 3.30, with MCAT of 24 (7V, 8PS, 9BS). I got great ECs and a strong letter of rec from a highly regarded alum. Can anyone tell me what is the shot of at least getting an interview? Furthermore, can anyone also tell me how to advance my status? Thanks a million and good luck everyone!!! Happy Halloween!

Members don't see this ad.

i was just accepted on Wednesday! Woohoo!

i applied in mid-august (primary) and in mid-september(secondary)

interviewed on Tuesday.....heard the next day.

you should be in line for an interview as long as your essays and your philosophy of medicine is compatible with their mission. OU is an amazing school! The facilities and, more importantly, the people are wonderful. They are very helpful and i will most definitely be there in the fall! Hopefully, I'll see you in Athens in August.

Oh....not that this matters that much....but, i guess i'll show you my stats--'cause i know it made me feel better to see others' stats as well (i dont know why we get so caught up with this)

MCAT- 7V, 11P, 8B OW
Cum GPA - 3.3 Sci GPA - 3.6

But, I had the same stats last year and DIDN'T get in!!!! So, seriously, stats only matter to a point! Then, it's what you do, how you feel about medicine.....and trust the admissinos committee....they are professionals at picking the right students...if you don't get in.....it's not the right school for you.

Best of Luck!

Great job jpinsky! The next day...that's amazing. I'm hoping to hear from OU soon also. My scores were 9V 7P 8B N, grad gpa 4.0, undergrad (much lower ;) ) and great LOR's. I wonder if my essay was a little too generic through. I wrote it before reading "Osteopathic Medicine: a Reformation in Progress" which by the way is a great book on DO's.