2023-2024 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any idea how many more rounds of II's will go out?

I was accepted to Summer Scholars, but this is my top choice and would prefer to just get an interview and acceptance for this year!
IIs go out till April, though I think as of rn, the interviews are most likely for waitlists (though I have seen people get accepted after getting a II in March). I am not 100 percent sure what I said is accurate though, so don't put too much emphasis on what I said.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IIs go out till April, though I think as of rn, the interviews are most likely for waitlists (though I have seen people get accepted after getting a II in March). I am not 100 percent sure what I said is accurate though, so don't put too much emphasis on what I said.
I was told today that there are spots on all campuses still available! Not a ton, but still some.

Reactions: 2 users
It was a very hard decision but I withdrew my acceptance here, I hope my spot goes to someone else here who’s waiting to hear back 🥹

Reactions: 1 users
IS II just now. No mention of interviewing for WL, so hopefully there's still seat open!

At my interview last week they said there’s “lots of life” on the waitlist in May usually
Correct. WL does not even start movement until then.

Members don't see this ad :)
the wait for the WL is so stressful :/ is there anything I can do to better my chances of getting off of it?

Anyone know how match went this year for OU?
Too soon to know but they will likely post updated data here when it becomes available:

By most metrics, HCOM typically does well with Match.

EDIT:

* 99% Match rate
* 69% Matched in Ohio
* 47% Matched into Primary Care

Or, 1/3 students Match primary care in-State

Last edited:
Anyone know if all these campus operate differently with the admissions

They're basically the same. That's why you rank your campuses. There is nuance and they discuss final decisions as a broader committee, but take into consideration input from each campus admissions director as well as the interviewers.

Eg, If I was in contact with a particular campus admissions director because I have ranked that location higher on my list, and I made sure I was attending their outreach events, and sending them updates via their work email, they are theoretically more likely to advocate for your file to be seen and discussed by the larger committee so that they can get you onto their assigned campus. I have heard of a couple of anecdotes of the different admissions directors "fighting" over an applicant because they wanted them on their campus, as a playful, good-natured joke between the different site personnel that sit on the adcom.

Disclaimer: That is my current understanding, but not 100% sure of the finer details. As far as comparing similar applicants against one another when deciding who gets the spot, I have no idea or insight into how that plays out.

Can someone drop a link to the accepted students Facebook or group me? tryna meet everyone thats going to attend.

I agree its done sucks to suck not being able to get an II in state, but content with an A

Im still waiting but at this point in the cycle, I've come to terms that I have been rejected. Just a matter of time when they send out the email.
Felt that. When I emailed a little bit ago they said they interview until mid-April, so maybe there’s still hope 😅

Are they still sending out IIs?
I emailed admissions last week and they said that they will interview until mid-April. However, I still have not received any invitation. Just waiting and hoping.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed admissions last week and they said that they will interview until mid-April. However, I still have not received any invitation. Just waiting and hoping.
They got my hopes up when I emailed because they said that I should expect to hear information soon - that was over a week ago. Makes me think they just say that to everybody who emails 😭

They got my hopes up when I emailed because they said that I should expect to hear information soon - that was over a week ago. Makes me think they just say that to everybody who emails 😭
i remember them doing that and got an II a few weeks later so you should be fine

Do DO schools have the same traffic rules as MD (narrow to three by the 15th and 1 by the 30th). I can't seem to find anything definitive online.

Anyone still waiting to hear back about an interview, I emailed them asking and this is what they sent me: "Your application is complete and pending review. We will be holding interviews until the end of April, so there is still time for you to receive an invite. "

Reactions: 2 users
Do DO schools have the same traffic rules as MD (narrow to three by the 15th and 1 by the 30th). I can't seem to find anything definitive online.

Does anyone know if OUHCOM gives merit aid outside of the institutional scholarships we can apply for?