2023-2024 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know how many interviews are left?
Probably about 12-ish.

They can be scheduled to go to mid/late April, but once you get to early April, it's usually for the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably about 12-ish.

They can be scheduled to go to mid/late April, but once you get to early April, it's usually for the waitlist.
Only 12 left overall for all three campuses? That’s actually kinda insane.

Only 12 left overall for all three campuses? That’s actually kinda insane.
That's all I can see, but yeah I believe so. They interview people for all 3 campuses for the AM session then you reconnect for your 3 separate interviewers.

Remember that you will not know which campus you are assigned until you get accepted. The interviewers know your campus preference, but they are not necessarily going to be from the campus of your choice or the campus with openings that they want to fill. And I don't know if the interviewers have any sway where you are placed or just your acceptance--location might be up to the directors on the admissions team.

Sorry, it's a mysterious process but they do a good job getting the best possible candidates who fit their mission. And they also have to do so in a way that keeps all of their seats filled once the semester starts.

But pretty sure they only conduct interviews about once per week. So extrapolate that out to about 3-4 interview days per month.

Also, they sometimes cancel interview days for various reasons or if they fill the campuses earlier than anticipated.

Just know that in general, they can interview people going into early to mid April. As the cycle gets closer to wrapping up, Interview Invites can sometimes be extended to applicants as soon as 1 or 2 weeks before the interview date (such as in my case).

Once you hit early April, those interviews are more likely to be waitlisted spots, especially if it's Cleveland or Dublin (but Athens too, depending on the applicant pool). My guess is that they tell you whether it's for a waitlist spot or not, since this was my own personal experience (n=1).

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my interview here. Good luck everyone :)

Reactions: 1 user
That's all I can see for one campus, but yeah I believe so since they interview people for all 3 campuses for the AM session then you reconnect for your 3 separate interviewers.

Remember that you will not know which campus you are assigned until you get accepted. The interviewers know your campus preference, but they are not necessarily going to be from the campus of your choice or the campus with openings that they want to fill. And I don't know if the interviewers have any sway where you are placed or just your acceptance--location might be up to the directors on the admissions team.

Sorry, it's a mysterious process but they do a good job getting the best possible candidates who fit their mission. And they also have to do so in a way that keeps all of their seats filled once the semester starts.

But pretty sure they only conduct interviews about once per week. So extrapolate that out to about 3-4 interview days per month.

Also, they sometimes cancel interview days for various reasons or if they fill the campuses earlier than anticipated.

Just know that in general, they can interview people going into early to mid April. As the cycle gets closer to wrapping up, Interview Invites can sometimes be extended to applicants as soon as 1 or 2 weeks before the interview date (such as in my case).

Once you hit early April, those interviews are more likely to be waitlisted spots, especially if it's Cleveland or Dublin (but Athens too, depending on the applicant pool). My guess is that they tell you whether it's for a waitlist spot or not, since this was my own personal experience (n=1).
Yes, they will tell you if the interview is for the waitlist only.

I submitted my secondary today after pushing it back for awhile. Do you guys think it’s too late??
I was in the admissions office yesterday, not too late, but it's getting close to full.

Still waiting for OU to send something. Filled out the secondary months ago, and an instate resident.

• Care
Still waiting for OU to send something. Filled out the secondary months ago, and an instate resident.
Hang in there ❤️. I have classmates who didn't get II's until Mid and late March. So don't give up hope yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
If it’s getting close to full isn’t it too late to send a secondary?
My bad, just seeing this. I mean I guess yeah it's probably too late but technically the deadline was like Feb. 1 at midnight, or 1/31 at midnight.

got an email from them thanking me for being patient with their admissions process and to be on the lookout for info from them in the near future... not sure what that means tho :/

got an email from them thanking me for being patient with their admissions process and to be on the lookout for info from them in the near future... not sure what that means tho :/
Wouldn’t be too worried they will get to your app soon.

For any of the current students at OU, do you feel the curriculum adequately prepared you guys for the comlex/step exams or was it a detriment.

I been seeing that good schools like PCOM have been having serious issues with their curriculum and board passing rate and wanna be sure this isn’t an issue at OU.

Does anyone know if they accept letters of interest before you receive a II?

Is it worth it to send a LOI the day after I got waitlisted? Does OU-HCOM admissions even care for them? Because I know some schools ignore them unless it’s really late in the summer and I’d rather not spend until at least May agonizing over getting off the waitlist (if I even do) because they don’t let you know your spot on the waitlist unfortunately

Its honestly crazy to be in this position because I have heard back from every other school, I am lowkey turning down schools at this point. I finished the secondary for OU back in July, still have not heard anything. In-state resident and have sent multiple Letters or intents with updates. Ughggh :(

I have sent 5 LORS and a LOI along with bimonthly updates, I think we’ve done everything possible. Now it’s just the odds of our names getting clicked on. I turned down my only A for HCOM and I’m afraid it’s going to put me in a gap year :(

1000012060.jpg

IS II this morning, complete 11/30. non-trad LM 60 with a lot of experience in public health in Ohio

I have sent 5 LORS and a LOI along with bimonthly updates, I think we’ve done everything possible. Now it’s just the odds of our names getting clicked on. I turned down my only A for HCOM and I’m afraid it’s going to put me in a gap year :(
Have you reached out to an admissions representative specifically for feedback on your application? Not just emailing the general admissions account?

My friend you should not have done that. You could have accepted and then turn down the offer once HCOM accepts you. Losing your deposit money is made up for the salary you make as a doctor.

does anyone know if post-interview there are rejections? or does it just tend to be acceptance or waitlist?

does anyone know if post-interview there are rejections? or does it just tend to be acceptance or waitlist?
I think the later...

I'm guessing for a post interview rejection you'd probably have to have a really bad interview with red flags.

I think the later...

I'm guessing for a post interview rejection you'd probably have to have a really bad interview with red flags.
thank you! sorry im super nervous lol... i have my interview on Tuesday & this is my top choice so anxiety is kicking in

has anyone who interviewed today recieved a call yet or do they normally call/email tom?

has anyone who interviewed today recieved a call yet or do they normally call/email tom?
got on the alternate list :/ sucks bc this is my top choice so now about to be anxious & nervous for months rip

Any idea how many more rounds of II's will go out?

I was accepted to Summer Scholars, but this is my top choice and would prefer to just get an interview and acceptance for this year!