OKState c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ruebug

Reaction score
I haven’t seen a thread yet for OSU! Who else applied here this round?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied OOS! Do you guys know the approximate time when we should hear back about a decision?

Any questions holla! I am a 4th year. :)
How are you still in school? !? It feels like I've been practicing forever! What are your plans?

Good luck to everyone applying!!!

How are you still in school? !? It feels like I've been practicing forever! What are your plans?

Good luck to everyone applying!!!
hehe. Took two years out for that silly PhD that I ended up walking away from due to the study not having a reason for being. I'll go mixed and move up to Maine. I am done here end of January so I'll pack up and head out.

Reactions: 1 users
Any questions, don't ask me - I've been gone long enough that everything is unfamiliar and strange and I don't like it. Lol.
I had a girl shadowing last year and she just got in this fall and was asking me questions. Teachers and things have already changed so much since I was a first year I felt useless. ..

I had a girl shadowing last year and she just got in this fall and was asking me questions. Teachers and things have already changed so much since I was a first year I felt useless. ..
I work with one of your classmates and things were different enough for her, I'd be even more useless for new people!

Reactions: 1 user
hehe. Took two years out for that silly PhD that I ended up walking away from due to the study not having a reason for being. I'll go mixed and move up to Maine. I am done here end of January so I'll pack up and head out.
That stinks about the PhD, but I love mixed animal. Being on call sucks, but I'm buying my practice Jan 1st and will be solo which is scary, but I'll also be in control and can do/take off whenever I want. Make sure you have a decent large animal mentor (felt way more prepared small animal) and don't be afraid to ask classmates/friends for advice if you need a second pair of eyes or recommendations on cases.

That stinks about the PhD, but I love mixed animal. Being on call sucks, but I'm buying my practice Jan 1st and will be solo which is scary, but I'll also be in control and can do/take off whenever I want. Make sure you have a decent large animal mentor (felt way more prepared small animal) and don't be afraid to ask classmates/friends for advice if you need a second pair of eyes or recommendations on cases.
yeah, I'm good with small ruminant and not even too bad with horses, but dairy will be a bit different than the beef I've been around growing up and at OK. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, lots o changes. They are also trying to switch up clinics going two weeks for most leaving most important like anesthesia and rads 3. Gonna be interesting, but not my problem.

I applied OOS! Little nervous because at the last minute I added this school on because I had a class conflict with a different school, and now I’m kicking myself because they don’t interview OOS and I feel like I interview very well!! February is a long wait

Got an email today! Everyone should hear back about interviews on Jan 30th

Got an email today! Everyone should hear back about interviews on Jan 30th

Got the same email. Looks like OOS applicants will hear back earlier than last year!!

Exciting news! I am a second year, somehow I missed this thread earlier. If you have any questions, I should be able to answer them!

yeah, I'm good with small ruminant and not even too bad with horses, but dairy will be a bit different than the beef I've been around growing up and at OK. haha
gooooooats. Apparently Dr. T used to teach the small ruminants elective, which is a shame he’s passed. We had him for llamas in zootech and he was such a delight to our whole class.

Woot! I enjoyed my interview day. Hope we have a few more ISers this year. Such a small bunch of us on here that are OKState period. Need to keep the new blood coming in to get questions answered each year. :)

Woot! I enjoyed my interview day. Hope we have a few more ISers this year. Such a small bunch of us on here that are OKState period. Need to keep the new blood coming in to get questions answered each year. :)
I’m pretty sure you just said I’m about to get old and irrelevant, and that hurts my heart a little bit.

haha! I feel like this next one was the most boring and I did not want to be there at all semester. I enjoyed third year mostly. Clinics is quite nice despite the exhaustion.
The nice thing is that we’ve already gotten virology out of the way, and so it’s bacteriology with the new doctor. (I’ve been trying the thing where I don’t say actual names online) So crossing my fingers!

So does anyone think the “sooner you send transcripts, the sooner you know your status” (for OOS) is a real thing???

So I was having trouble getting my transcript because there was a LONG list of people needing transcripts but I finally got it last friday (Jan. 11) and they SHOULD be getting it tomorrow (Jan. 14) do y'all think that should be okay? I know they had said they wanted them by the 15th but I'm not sure if they mean they needed to have it processed by the 15th or just as long as they get it by then. BTW OOS applicant

So I was having trouble getting my transcript because there was a LONG list of people needing transcripts but I finally got it last friday (Jan. 11) and they SHOULD be getting it tomorrow (Jan. 14) do y'all think that should be okay? I know they had said they wanted them by the 15th but I'm not sure if they mean they needed to have it processed by the 15th or just as long as they get it by then. BTW OOS applicant

The email said they need either unofficial or official transcripts by the 15th. I had to submit my unofficial because I looked back and it said it would get there the 17th. Im also OOS

The email said they need either unofficial or official transcripts by the 15th. I had to submit my unofficial because I looked back and it said it would get there the 17th. Im also OOS

Oh I didn't know we could send unofficial transcripts since it had asked for official...

"January 15th – All official transcripts showing Fall 2018 grades are due to OSU-CVHS. The sooner you can turn in your transcript(s), the faster you will know your application status. You have the option of mailing them to the address below or sending electronically to [email protected]."

I'll call them tomorrow about the issue though and see what they say. Hopefully I can send my unofficial one just in case. Did they respond to you when you sent it?

Oh I didn't know we could send unofficial transcripts since it had asked for official...

"January 15th – All official transcripts showing Fall 2018 grades are due to OSU-CVHS. The sooner you can turn in your transcript(s), the faster you will know your application status. You have the option of mailing them to the address below or sending electronically to [email protected]."

I'll call them tomorrow about the issue though and see what they say. Hopefully I can send my unofficial one just in case. Did they respond to you when you sent it?
They didn’t let us know when they got the transcript, so it’s a little anxiety inducing there!

They emailed me last week saying that they were still missing my transcripts so if you didnt receive an email like that then they probably received it. But in the email i received last week it said they will accept unofficial until the official gets there.

They emailed me last week saying that they were still missing my transcripts so if you didnt receive an email like that then they probably received it. But in the email i received last week it said they will accept unofficial until the official gets there.

Oh thank you so much! It's weird that I didn't receive that email though :/

Last edited:
Oh thank you so much! It's weird that I didn't receive that email though :/

When they said they didn’t get my transcript yet it said further down that we could screenshot our grades and send an unofficial until the official one gets there (which with the winter storms could have been delayed) so I went ahead and emailed them one just in case

Hi! Does anyone know when decision are suppose to get emailed/mailed?

& also, for current or past students, what made OkState stand out to you and why did you pick to go there?

I got my acceptance email 2/27/2017 (wow that feels such a long time ago!)

I uhh decided to go to OSU because that’s where I got acceptance. :laugh: I went to undergrad here, and I liked it a lot. Tuition is really reasonable, COL is very very affordable. Campus is beautiful.

Lemme look for a post from a couple years ago regarding why I came here

found this in an earlier post:

So a lot of the things I don’t like are just part of the things associated with being in vet school.

• Small class size (in relation to other schools)
  • Very low COL in Stillwater. Not much to do most of the time besides football games and bars, but you’re so busy studying there’s not really a need for that.
  • Really nice professors (our anatomy professor is the nicest lady I’ve met- she’s essentially Dr. Mom. And while she’s really kind and helpful, she still does make you learn)
  • Also, the TA’s (especially for anatomy) are very knowledgeable and helpful. The night before the last anatomy exam, one of the TA’s came around at like 11:30pm for a minute, to see if we had any questions that he could clarify.
  • They ease you in to the program they best they can. Your first semester, while you are taking 18 hours, 4 of those are easier classes (Ethics and Zootechnology- a clinical skills type course.
  • Easily accessible hospital that you have ID access to 24/7. With this, you can go over to the hospital and get your mind off school for a little bit. (We have a resident cow named Daisy who enjoys our attention.)
  • If you’re interested in food/ large animal, equine, or small animal, there’s plenty of opportunities for you. Opportunities for exotics are fewer, but you’re also in the middle of the country. There’s a zoo/ exotics/ wildlife club though that seems to satisfy my exotics based classmates.
  • Lots of clubs! There’s practically a club for everything, and they do wetlabs! (And they’ll let nonmembers join in on wetlabs for like $5. Very worth it!)
  • Because we recently increased our clas size to 106, they’re building a new classroom building which is proving to be interesting. They’ve been taking student’s opinions all semester long, so they plan to have that open by Fall 2019.
Dislikes:
  • Because we recently increased our class size, some things can be tight. It’s not unbearable, but it can get annoying at times- especially in the Histology room. Anatomy isn’t bad because you have 4 people to a dog, and you rotate 1 person out every lab time to look at bones/ rads/ wet specimens.
  • Not many options for food on this side of campus. There used to be a food truck, but it didn’t get enough revenue to be sustainable, apparently, so they moved it.
  • With SAVMA, you have to be a SAVMA member to join any clubs/ go to any wetlabs. It annoys some people, but it doesn’t necessarily bother me.
  • Parking was really bad at the beginning of the year, but as people have stopped showing up to class, it’s gotten a lot better. :laugh:
I’m too lazy to add anymore, but it still looks pretty UTD.

& also, for current or past students, what made OkState stand out to you and why did you pick to go there?

Out of state is supposed to hear by January 31st according to the email they send out a few weeks/months ago

Their email said out of state applicants will have a decision emailed by January 30! Eligible in state applicants will receive an interview invite by this day.

Out of state is supposed to hear by January 31st according to the email they send out a few weeks/months ago
Interesting. If that’s true, they’re switching it up. They’ve always done in state and out of state on the same day late Feb. Jan 31st is the IS interview invite day, or the IS/ OOS first round of cuts

Interesting. If that’s true, they’re switching it up. They’ve always done in state and out of state on the same day late Feb. Jan 31st is the IS interview invite day, or the IS/ OOS first round of cuts

My email said they don’t interview OOS students so that’s when we would hear accepted/declined

My email said they don’t interview OOS students so that’s when we would hear accepted/declined
Yeah they haven’t interviewed OOS in a long time. My email said:

January 30, 2017 – Ineligible applicants will receive their notification via email. If you are a non-resident applicant and do not receive a letter by this date, your application is qualified and still being considered for a seat in the Class of 2021. Oklahoma residents who are eligible for interviews will receive an email requesting they set up their preferred interview day. As a side note, we do not interview non-resident applicants.

February 16th and 17th, 2017 – Interviews for Oklahoma residents only.

Early March, 2017 – Accepted, alternate, and denied (see definitions below) letters will be sent out by this time (both non-resident and resident applicants). Your current email address will be used for the letter.

Glad they’re getting them out early this time! Waiting was a killer

I just got an email and scheduled my interview for Feb. 8th! Anyone else get an email?

Reactions: 3 users