OKState c/o 2023 applicants

Started by ruebug
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recommendations on a computer or tablet for first year? I’m considering either an iPad Pro w/ pencil or a Surface Pro 6. In undergrad I mostly took handwritten notes and used my iPad Air however, I found it helpful to keep my older laptop around for things like Excel and Word.
@cdoconn loves her iPad Pro
 
Any recommendations on a computer or tablet for first year? I’m considering either an iPad Pro w/ pencil or a Surface Pro 6. In undergrad I mostly took handwritten notes and used my iPad Air however, I found it helpful to keep my older laptop around for things like Excel and Word.
@cdoconn loves her iPad Pro
I dooooo. I do love my iPad Pro. I use that plus the Apple Pencil plus Notability and it does everything I could want. I hardly use Excel in vet school (except for a grades calculator spreadsheet I keep religious track of) and so I actually use Google Sheets and Google Docs, because they’re free and they can easily be shared amongst different people and different devices!
 
I dooooo. I do love my iPad Pro. I use that plus the Apple Pencil plus Notability and it does everything I could want. I hardly use Excel in vet school (except for a grades calculator spreadsheet I keep religious track of) and so I actually use Google Sheets and Google Docs, because they’re free and they can easily be shared amongst different people and different devices!
That is super helpful; thank you so much!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You’re welcome! Let me know if there’s anything else you have any questions about, specifically OSU related questions. As @Lupin21 once pointed out, I’m getting old and irrelevant so I’m happy to help until that point happens and I graduate. :laugh:
This year is the first year no one was relevant to some of the app process. We all become less useful in the passing years. haha

I was not a note taker, so tablets were definitely not my thing. Clinics for sure I needed my laptop for typing charts and ordering things, so I personally would save that money used from a tablet for a nice laptop. Each person has to find their own way though, so if notability is life, I can see why iPad would be indispensable. haha