OKState c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not yet! OOS :panda: Congrats!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven’t heard anything either. Apparently a couple folks got OOS rejected according to the APVMA facebook group.

I saw the same thing on APVMA and also a friend of mine got he rejection email today. Im assuming they are doing it by waves? I’m not sure what the number is for acceptance for out of state and how many get on the waitlist. But good luck to the OOS applicants who still need to hear back!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m not sure what the number is for acceptance for out of state and how many get on the waitlist.

Last year, there were 478 eligible OOS applicants and 48 OOS spots available in the class. I also know nothing about the size of waitlist.

Last year, there were 478 eligible OOS applicants and 48 OOS spots available in the class. I also know nothing about the size of waitlist.

Do the spots for OOS applicants change every year? Or is it pretty consistent? I know (I believe) for class of 2022 their class size is about 106, are they possibly gonna increase the class size or is it gonna maintain the same?

Do the spots for OOS applicants change every year? Or is it pretty consistent? I know (I believe) for class of 2022 their class size is about 106, are they possibly gonna increase the class size or is it gonna maintain the same?

I think it’ll remain the same. C/o 2021 and 2022 had the exact same class size (58 residents and 48 non-residents). I’m not sure about earlier classes.

Yeah it stays the same. They JUST increased the OOS class size, so I don’t foresee them adding more, especially until the construction on the new classroom building is done. First years are capped at 106 because that’s how many fit in the largest classroom.

Reactions: 2 users
Oklahoma has started sending out interview offers to IS and rejection letters for OOS. This was posted on fb, multiple people getting rejection letters. Theough email

Oklahoma has started sending out interview offers to IS and rejection letters for OOS. This was posted on fb, multiple people getting rejection letters. Theough email
Oh they started sending them out yesterday, I’m a little late lol

Oh they started sending them out yesterday, I’m a little late lol

For those who did not get a rejection email yesterday, can we expect to now receive either waitlist/acceptance next week or will there be another wave of rejection emails before the 30th. Im not sure how it worked last cycle

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with how early you sent in your fall transcripts..? I'm probably grasping at straws..

Has anyone heard anything today? I know several people heard yesterday.

Has anyone heard anything today? I know several people heard yesterday.

Haven’t seen anything on the APVMA facebook group page. So im assuming that the next wave will be the acceptance/waitlist email? Not sure how that works. I asked earlier if they usually do another wave of rejections before the 30th but no one responded

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who did not get a rejection email yesterday, can we expect to now receive either waitlist/acceptance next week or will there be another wave of rejection emails before the 30th. Im not sure how it worked last cycle

Yea this is my first time applying so I'm not sure how it usually goes with them

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with how early you sent in your fall transcripts..? I'm probably grasping at straws..
Are y’all IS or OOS? As an OOS applicant, I didn’t get an email when they sent out the interview invites/ first round of rejections.

They do send out rejections later on, it’s not just accepted or waitlisted. The first round of cuts for OOS is just to see if you qualify for evaluation (achieve at least the minimum GPA, have the minimum number of required vet hours, minimum GRE, etc). Then the committee gets together to discuss the remaining candidates later.

Yea this is my first time applying so I'm not sure how it usually goes with them

I went through the thread for last year and OOS found out about acceptance/alternate feb 16..... but the email that got send out this past December said “January 30th – All non-resident applicants will receive their status letters via email by this date. “ so im not sure if they are doing it differently this cycle..... i guess we will see

Are y’all IS or OOS? As an OOS applicant, I didn’t get an email when they sent out the interview invites/ first round of rejections.

They do send out rejections later on, it’s not just accepted or waitlisted. The first round of cuts for OOS is just to see if you qualify for evaluation (achieve at least the minimum GPA, have the minimum number of required vet hours, minimum GRE, etc). Then the committee gets together to discuss the remaining candidates later.

Ohhhhhhh i think i understand now! Thank you for clarifying!

OOS acceptance! Received 2:17pm CT by email

Reactions: 4 users
Congratulations!!!!!!!

To those on the waitlist, keep the faith! There’s still a chance!

To those rejected this year, it’s really difficult. Reach out to student services, and they can help you figure out what to do to better yourself for next year!

:biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove::biglove:

alternate, OOS. congrats to everyone who got good news today!!

Reactions: 3 users
OOS acceptance

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

OOS Alternate! :shy:

ACCEPTED OOS at 1:17 pm :highfive: Still in awe. Best of luck to the alternates! Keep faith.

Forgot to post here, but OOS Acceptance around 2:00pm on Friday!! I am still in awe, as this is my first acceptance!

Reactions: 5 users
Does anyone have any idea as to how many applicants there may be on the waitlist?

I’m not sure that this was asked but does OKstate have technology requirements for vet school? I know UF requires an Ipad and others require specific tablets or laptop. Is this the same for OKstate?

I’m not sure that this was asked but does OKstate have technology requirements for vet school? I know UF requires an Ipad and others require specific tablets or laptop. Is this the same for OKstate?

Nope! At least for my class and the class of ‘22 anything goes. We don’t do online exams. I have a iPad Pro with Notability, and I really like it, but I do have my old Mac for when I need to access UVIS (the very lovely hospital server program)!

Nope! At least for my class and the class of ‘22 anything goes. We don’t do online exams. I have a iPad Pro with Notability, and I really like it, but I do have my old Mac for when I need to access UVIS (the very lovely hospital server program)!

Are your note given online in powerpoint or something like that to be able to use with the iPad? Or is it typical note taking that you take notes as the professor speaks. Idk if im explaining myself correctly. Also, how do the textbook situation go? Do you guys have to purchase textbooks or do the professor provide the chapters/pages they want you to have/read through pdf?

Are your note given online in powerpoint or something like that to be able to use with the iPad? Or is it typical note taking that you take notes as the professor speaks. Idk if im explaining myself correctly. Also, how do the textbook situation go? Do you guys have to purchase textbooks or do the professor provide the chapters/pages they want you to have/read through pdf?

Practically everything is in a PowerPoint presentation! There are a couple professors who give supplemental notes documents for reading outside of class, especially in some of the more detailed classes (clin path, virology, bacteriology), but they add on to the overall picture in case the professor isn’t able to get to that point.

For the first semester, we had a couple required textbooks- anatomy the professor makes up a lab guide and the class before you (‘22 in that case) sells them printed and bound. It’s like $50 or something. If it’s not required it should be.

Histology professor requires a histology book and asks some test questions out of the book (I didn’t really read it and still did okay).

Every required or recommended book is also stored in the library and you can read it there. I bought a couple books, and sold the ones I didn’t like and kept the ones I’d use in clinical settings.

Will they be sending any other information in the mail or do we get that till we accept the offer?:rolleyes: I can't find a ton of information on their program.

Will they be sending any other information in the mail or do we get that till we accept the offer?:rolleyes: I can't find a ton of information on their program.
Last year about a week after decisions went out Anna emailed stuff to alternates and accepted applicants about the school’s open house in April. It’s for the public, so not just applicants but if you’re somewhat close by there was an info session for accepted and waitlisted people. Here’s one of the things she included in the email though that says a tiny bit about the school to draw you in :laugh:
18256E13-4E94-4D65-A721-75C6C5D93E6A.jpeg

So we have a really big info packet with classes and books and misc stuff that comes out late June. Uhhh other than that... I believe I remember getting more information once I paid and accepted? Wow it’s been a long time.

Last year about a week after decisions went out Anna emailed stuff to alternates and accepted applicants about the school’s open house in April. It’s for the public, so not just applicants but if you’re somewhat close by there was an info session for accepted and waitlisted people. Here’s one of the things she included in the email though that says a tiny bit about the school to draw you in :laugh:
View attachment 249258
So because of the construction of the new classroom building, a good chunk of the walking area between the hospital and the school (where all the food trucks were) is blocked off for construction, they made the decision to cancel Open House for this year. Anna did tell me, though, that she was planning on still doing a mini-type open house for accepted and waitlisted students!

So because of the construction of the new classroom building, a good chunk of the walking area between the hospital and the school (where all the food trucks were) is blocked off for construction, they made the decision to cancel Open House for this year. Anna did tell me, though, that she was planning on still doing a mini-type open house for accepted and waitlisted students!
WELL DISREGARD EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID. Didn’t know you guys had a bunch of construction :laugh:

WELL DISREGARD EVERYTHING I HAVE SAID. Didn’t know you guys had a bunch of construction :laugh:
Yeah, they finally started building it, and for the last week they’ve been jackhammering away the concrete parking lot and then using some really interesting machinery that I want to operate to break it up and scoop it away.

So we have a really big info packet with classes and books and misc stuff that comes out late June. Uhhh other than that... I believe I remember getting more information once I paid and accepted? Wow it’s been a long time.

When would this mini-open house be scheduled? I am very interested in seeing the campus

When would this mini-open house be scheduled? I am very interested in seeing the campus
That, I don’t know. But, you’re always able to schedule with them to take a tour. We have vet school student tour guides, and you can see campus that way.

Does anyone have any idea as to how many applicants there may be on the waitlist?

I just emailed them, because I am also curious about the waitlist size. I’ll let you know what they say!

That, I don’t know. But, you’re always able to schedule with them to take a tour. We have vet school student tour guides, and you can see campus that way.

How advanced do we need to schedule the tour? I saw on the website that the tours are offered Mondays, Wednesday and Friday. Is this still true?

I’m waiting until I hear back from my in-state school to see if I get accepted or waitlist to make plans to tour out of state school to decide where to go.

Last edited:
How advanced do we need to schedule the tour? I saw on the website that the tours are offered Mondays, Wednesday and Friday. Is this still true?

I’m waiting until I hear back from my in-state school to see if I get accepted or waitlist to make plans to tour out of state school to decide where to go.
I’m not a tour guide, so I really don’t know these. Your best bet, honestly, is to contact student services. They’ll be able to help, granted, at the moment they’re very busy with IS applications and interviews

I’m not a tour guide, so I really don’t know these. Your best bet, honestly, is to contact student services. They’ll be able to help, granted, at the moment they’re very busy with IS applications and interviews

Will do thanks!