OKState c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I forgot to ask this! & it might be a dumb question but what is the dress code for vet school for you guys?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I forgot to ask this! & it might be a dumb question but what is the dress code for vet school for you guys?
I wore leggings and a hoodie today with my hair in a messy bun...

They prefer us to look semi presentable- they encourage us to dress up on Tuesdays because that’s when donors and fancy people come in, but if you’re just sitting in class, just be comfortable- leggings or jeans with a T-shirt with a jacket/ sweatshirt of some sort. If you’re going over to the hospital, or have to make a presentation it’s another story. I have classmates who wear jeans everyday, and some who never wear jeans at all. It’s kinda whatever you have to do to get you through the day/ week/ month/ semester.

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely not a dumb question though, because I know there’s some vet schools (Mississippi State is one) where you have to dress business casual every day and I ain’t about that life to go sit in lectures for many many hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wore leggings and a hoodie today with my hair in a messy bun...

They prefer us to look semi presentable- they encourage us to dress up on Tuesdays because that’s when donors and fancy people come in, but if you’re just sitting in class, just be comfortable- leggings or jeans with a T-shirt with a jacket/ sweatshirt of some sort. If you’re going over to the hospital, or have to make a presentation it’s another story. I have classmates who wear jeans everyday, and some who never wear jeans at all. It’s kinda whatever you have to do to get you through the day/ week/ month/ semester.

Thank you! Def make me feel good that I dont have to wear business casual to class when im gonna be sitting all day. UF does either business casual or scrubs and no jeans while LMU allows jeans into their business casual attire. Thank you for answering the question and my other ones! I greatly appreciate it!!

Congrats to those that have been accepted but I must say this is some BS that you have already found out :laugh: Back in my day (I was c/o 2014) we didn’t find out until March (Spring Break to be exact). I will say that Stillwater is great and I go back every chance I get. The new Dean is awesome (I have met him a couple times now) and seems to have great ideas on how to improve the school especially the hospital. I have not regretted my school choice ever (I was IS with OOS offers at other schools) and felt ready to start as a GP right after graduation.

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to those that have been accepted but I must say this is some BS that you have already found out :laugh: Back in my day (I was c/o 2014) we didn’t find out until March (Spring Break to be exact). I will say that Stillwater is great and I go back every chance I get. The new Dean is awesome (I have met him a couple times now) and seems to have great ideas on how to improve the school especially the hospital. I have not regretted my school choice ever (I was IS with OOS offers at other schools) and felt ready to start as a GP right after graduation.
I found out the last week of February, so I agree.

I asked why they were so early this year, and they said that they wanted to test it out- since other schools are getting so early, they wanted the opportunity to see if this works/ if someone denies, they can call the next one on the waitlist before the craziness of what happens after April 15th

I found out the last week of February, so I agree.

I asked why they were so early this year, and they said that they wanted to test it out- since other schools are getting so early, they wanted the opportunity to see if this works/ if someone denies, they can call the next one on the waitlist before the craziness of what happens after April 15th

The email I received said alternates wouldn’t hear back until after April 15th.

I got an email yesterday saying that all the in-state interviews have been cancelled due to whether and won’t be rescheduled. I guess OSU isn’t doing interviews at all this round. I was really banking on my interview....

Wow, that's super weird. Yeah, that ice-day closure came right after we got the announcement that the in-state applicant interview day was coming up last week and to be nice to the guests, lol. After they already decided not to hold an open house this year due to the new building construction--they're seriously canceling? Oof

Emails were just sent to in-state applicants. I was accepted!

Reactions: 8 users
IS alternate! Does anyone know approximately how many IS alternates there are each year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my email! IS accepted!!
Congrats!!

I’m gonna need everyone getting accepted and waitlisted to stay around SDN more! :laugh:

1) I need to borrow some of your enthusiasm to get through this anesthesiology exam :sleep:

2) I need the rest of it to get through the rest of the semester

IS alternate! Does anyone know approximately how many IS alternates there are each year?

I have no idea how many alternates there are but I can tell you some alternates do get in, because I was accepted off the alternate list!

Just denied my seat for the class of 2023! I hope it goes to one of you great SDN people on the waitlist.
Best of luck!

Very nice! Where are you going?
I committed and said yes to an OOS spot at Missouri today! I fell head-over-heels in love when I went to interview, and with them having the 2-2 program and an opportunity to acquire in-state tuition, I was sold!

Reactions: 3 users
I committed and said yes to an OOS spot at Missouri today! I fell head-over-heels in love when I went to interview, and with them having the 2-2 program and an opportunity to acquire in-state tuition, I was sold!
You seemed like an awesome classmate to have (have seen you in other threads), wish you all the best at Missouri! :D

Hey guys! I’m going to decline my acceptance offer as I got accepted to my in state and dream school! Best of luck to everyone!

Are any alternates considering going to one of the welcome sessions that they sent in the email? I'm considering attending one of the days however, as an alternate I obviously have no idea how long the waitlist is and if there's even a realistic chance of an offer after the deposit deadline.

Are any alternates considering going to one of the welcome sessions that they sent in the email? I'm considering attending one of the days however, as an alternate I obviously have no idea how long the waitlist is and if there's even a realistic chance of an offer after the deposit deadline.

I might if I don't get into my IS.

I think I will probably go!

Does anyone know about how many people get pulled off the OOS alternate list? I tried looking at past wait list threads but couldn't really find much. Thanks in advance for any info!

Does anyone know about how many people get pulled off the OOS alternate list? I tried looking at past wait list threads but couldn't really find much. Thanks in advance for any info!
most the time it goes pretty deep, but as ever, every year is different. good luck!!!:luck::luck::luck:

I called admissions yesterday and they said in-state waitlist will have to wait until the end of may to hear back when grades are in, because they’re going to rerank the waitlist by gpa and call accordingly.

I emailed them about that last month, but they never responded.

I emailed them about that last month, but they never responded.
It’s very possible you emailed them as we were going through the ice storm debacle/ having to readjust everything with the craziness of IS applications. They’re really sweet, so I don’t think the purposefully would’ve ignored your email!

It’s very possible you emailed them as we were going through the ice storm debacle/ having to readjust everything with the craziness of IS applications. They’re really sweet, so I don’t think the purposefully would’ve ignored your email!

Maybe? I sent the email on January 31st.

Yup! That’s the time when it got really crazy for us, so don’t feel neglected! It was one of our many ice storms!

Just curious, does Oklahoma frequently have ice storms? If I get pulled off the OOS waitlist, what should I expect from an ice storm? I’m from an area of Texas that rarely sees snow or ice lol.

Just curious, does Oklahoma frequently have ice storms? If I get pulled off the OOS waitlist, what should I expect from an ice storm? I’m from an area of Texas that rarely sees snow or ice lol.
This semester, yes. Usually only once a year. I’m from the Texas as well (DFW), so it was more than I was used to. Ice storms aren’t too bad, they cancel school usually if it looks like it’s going to be bad. Roads are slippery but if you drive slow and don’t drive unless you have to you’re usually okay!

On that same note, what about tornados?

On that same note, what about tornados?
I’ve been here since Fall 2014, and there’s been like 3-4 tornado warnings? And all of them ended up outside of actual Stillwater. If you get spooked, the vet school has a tornado shelter in the basement, but I’ve never felt the need to seek shelter here

I’ve been here since Fall 2014, and there’s been like 3-4 tornado warnings? And all of them ended up outside of actual Stillwater. If you get spooked, the vet school has a tornado shelter in the basement, but I’ve never felt the need to seek shelter here
Also for people not in Tornado Alley:
Tornado watch= watch out, weather is perfect for a tornado rn

Tornado warning= an actual tornado (regardless the size) has been spotted

This semester, yes. Usually only once a year. I’m from the Texas as well (DFW), so it was more than I was used to. Ice storms aren’t too bad, they cancel school usually if it looks like it’s going to be bad. Roads are slippery but if you drive slow and don’t drive unless you have to you’re usually okay!

Thanks! I’m from Houston, so yeah definitely no snow here. Ice is rare. I’m only used to dealing with flash floods and tropical storms/hurricanes lol.

Thanks! I’m from Houston, so yeah definitely no snow here. Ice is rare. I’m only used to dealing with flash floods and tropical storms/hurricanes lol.
Well we don't get hurricanes here, so that's helpful. Sometimes the roads flood but that's about it.

(I'm also probably the worst positive advocate for this school/ city at the moment because i'm mentally drained and have no career aspirations anymore BUT it's a great school!)

Tornadoes seem like they are shifting more to like, Mississippi and into the Midwest. It’s been hella quiet here for quite a few years now. Nothing like when I was younger. Will it stay that way? I dunno... but it seems to be the way it’s been going lately.

Earthquakes will happen for like 0.5 seconds tho :laugh:

I will be visiting this weekend! Any tips on what houses/apartments to look at that are good and cheap?

My ideal place would be a 2 bedroom with somewhat of a backyard at $775 or less. This is what I currently have now as I have four pets!

Any input is appreciated :)

I will be visiting this weekend! Any tips on what houses/apartments to look at that are good and cheap?

My ideal place would be a 2 bedroom with somewhat of a backyard at $775 or less. This is what I currently have now as I have four pets!

I went to the visit on Monday and they handed out a booklet with some suggested housing places in the information packet

Bug me on Friday afternoon and I’ll try to get you a good answer lol. Tl;dr version is that the neighborhood behind the school has houses for rent that end up being around that price range. Just depends.

There’s a couple duplexes by the lake

It it 4 dogs? If so you’ll be hard pressed to find someone who will rent to you because they have 1-2 limits

What is Tl:hungover:r? Thank you though! No, it is 2 medium smallish dogs, a cat, and a sugar glider.

What is the typical exam schedule like? Any any major pros or cons to consider? Trying to decide between OSU and UGA for my final decision