OKState c/o 2023 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What is the typical exam schedule like? Any any major pros or cons to consider? Trying to decide between OSU and UGA for my final decision

I feel it depends on the semester but I don’t recall having more that two core class exams in one week. Some of the semesters the exams are more staggered with an exam occurring every week and other semesters all of the exams seem to come at once and then there will be a little reprieve and then it will repeat. Also, we still do paper exams (unless something is changing that I haven’t heard about.) I like having the actual paper exams as it allows me to markup the exam booklet however I choose.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone have trouble activating their Okey account? It is telling me that my info is not corresponding with anyone in their records. I am freaking out :arghh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted students, does anyone know when orientation is?
If it’s like the last couple years, it’ll start either the 12th or 13th of August. First day of school is August 19th and they do orientation the week before that

Does anyone know when people will start getting called off of the waitlist?

Hi, do you know if the calls are still going out today for OOS?
Calls usually continue until July as people make last minute decisions. Just depends on how many people are accepting right away versus holding on for a couple days in hopes of getting off a waitlist somewhere else.

Just got the call about 30 minutes ago! (2:45 pst) so excited!!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
T
Yay!!! Congratulations! I heard about your situation, so I’m glad it was able to work out in the end, especially at my school!
Thank you!!! It was a crazy couple of days but I’m so glad It worked out! Can’t wait to meet you all!!

Reactions: 3 users
Just called off the waitlist, OOS accepted!

Reactions: 5 users
Also don't know anything about the school and already have a deposit somewhere so really struggling lol

OOS accepted at 4:45 CST today! :) will be accepting unless I get off another waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey! Is there a facebook page for our class yet? If so, I'd love to be added to it!

Yeah, they don’t let students start those anymore because then they don’t control posts and can’t make sure the assistant dean is in the group.

Heh heh heh... no idea why they started that.
Each class usually starts their own private group to chat once school starts anyway, but the Official one has all the other people that can share announcements etc. haha

Anna just called me!!!!!!!!!! OOS ACCEPTED AND ATTENDING!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 8 users
Haven’t received confirmation that my seat deposit has been received... mailed it out last Friday and when I emailed Anna today to check on it I got no response. Tomorrow is the deadline and I’m freaking out!!

Haven’t received confirmation that my seat deposit has been received... mailed it out last Friday and when I emailed Anna today to check on it I got no response. Tomorrow is the deadline and I’m freaking out!!
You can call and Joyce will be able to confirm for you too. :)

You can call and Joyce will be able to confirm for you too. :)
Oh ok thank you! Everything is probably closed at this point, right? I will call first thing tomorrow morning and see. I will probably lose sleep over this lol.

Oh ok thank you! Everything is probably closed at this point, right? I will call first thing tomorrow morning and see. I will probably lose sleep over this lol.
Oh no! Don't be skeered! They are just really busy with the semester ending and getting everything set up for graduation and the third year transition ceremony and such. You'll be fine. :cigar:

but yes, they are closed for the day, so tomorrow will be fine if you haven't heard before you call. lol

Oh no! Don't be skeered! They are just really busy with the semester ending and getting everything set up for graduation and the third year transition ceremony and such. You'll be fine. :cigar:

but yes, they are closed for the day, so tomorrow will be fine if you haven't heard before you call. lol
Ok this makes me feel a little better lol. Thank you!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Can any current students give me an idea of what the schedule is like for the first year? Like how long you’re in class and things like that!

Can any current students give me an idea of what the schedule is like for the first year? Like how long you’re in class and things like that!

What I recall from first semester, we had class from 9am - noon and then lab (anatomy or histology) in the afternoon from 1pm until 4/5pm. Second semester was pretty similar I believe.

The schedule eased up a bit for second year. We usually got out earlier in the afternoon at least a few times a week.

Congrats on your acceptance!

What I recall from first semester, we had class from 9am - noon and then lab (anatomy or histology) in the afternoon from 1pm until 4/5pm. Second semester was pretty similar I believe.

The schedule eased up a bit for second year. We usually got out earlier in the afternoon at least a few times a week.

Congrats on your acceptance!
Awesome thank you!! How about the stress level of the first year? Like is the school/curriculum pretty good at ~somewhat easing you into everything or did y’all just feel like you were drowning right off the bat lol? I’m not expecting a walk in the park by ANY means but I’m just curious as to what I can expect!

Any recommendations on good places to live with pets?

There are tons of options in Stilly - All depends on what you looking for and your budget. There are older houses right behind the vet school that are popular, there are also newer apt complexes that have opened up within the past few years but I believe that most of the apts tend to have high density of undergrads. I have lived in a duplex 2-3 miles southwest of campus my entire time in Stillwater. It has served me well and rent has been relatively decent.

Has anyone ever gotten in after being told the class was full already?

Applying this cycle (2019-2020).. does anyone here know if animal nutrition can be taken online? As long as it is taken at a 4 year university? Thanks!

It’s always been okay in the past. Do a search for some courses that others have taken, and then double check with admissions of course. I’m pretty sure that OkSU offers it online still and that would be fine to fill the requirement.

Applying this cycle (2019-2020).. does anyone here know if animal nutrition can be taken online? As long as it is taken at a 4 year university? Thanks!
AFAIK OkSU does still offer it through their distance learning/individual learning. I took it last year and they mailed the workbook and I took tests online through an online proctoring service (though I did have to pay for that, but it was more convenient and easier for me than trying to set up an in person proctor and wasn’t too expensive). Wasn’t too bad and I did it in a couple months, but I wasn’t taking other classes. They give you a whole year to be able to finish the course though. When I was taking it, they were switching from completely on paper and mail things in to submitting stuff online and maybe some of the other stuff online, but I’m not sure.

If you take it somewhere else online, definitely contact admissions and double check that it will meet their requirements so you don’t waste time and money taking it somewhere else only to find out it doesn’t count.

Any recommendations on a computer or tablet for first year? I’m considering either an iPad Pro w/ pencil or a Surface Pro 6. In undergrad I mostly took handwritten notes and used my iPad Air however, I found it helpful to keep my older laptop around for things like Excel and Word.

Any recommendations on a computer or tablet for first year? I’m considering either an iPad Pro w/ pencil or a Surface Pro 6. In undergrad I mostly took handwritten notes and used my iPad Air however, I found it helpful to keep my older laptop around for things like Excel and Word.
I didn't end up finding a tablet useful for anything. I used my laptop for everything. Whatever you are comfortable with is fine. There are no specifications otherwise.