OMFS "official" Match page

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what are we down to now....like 64 hours?

Members don't see this ad.

esclavo said:
So what are we down to now....like 64 hours?
I think it's more like 111...

TiggerJSA said:
I think it's more like 111...

Have you OD'd yet on that omeprazole, amoxicillin, and clarithromycin? Your gonna match but have a nice case of c.diff to show for it... don't worry your old buddy esclavo is going to take care of you with a little metronidazole...we'll get you through this whole process....

Members don't see this ad :)
esclavo said:
Have you OD'd yet on that omeprazole, amoxicillin, and clarithromycin? Your gonna match but have a nice case of c.diff to show for it... don't worry your old buddy esclavo is going to take care of you with a little metronidazole...we'll get you through this whole process....
So that's why I've been ****ting myself waiting for this friggin match day :idea: :idea: :laugh: :laugh: .

TiggerJSA said:
So that's why I've been ****ting myself waiting for this friggin match day :idea: :idea: :laugh: :laugh: .

i think i forgot to certify :scared: :confused:

... at least that is the story if i dont match. :smuggrin: i heard through the grapevine that many of the programs i liked did not rank all of the applicants... like 13 out of 20 ranked type deal :eek: just hoping i am one...

good luck everyone!

GatorDMD said:
i think i forgot to certify :scared: :confused:

... at least that is the story if i dont match. :smuggrin: i heard through the grapevine that many of the programs i liked did not rank all of the applicants... like 13 out of 20 ranked type deal :eek: just hoping i am one...

good luck everyone!

You got too much of a personality. You will get ranked.

Jediwendell said:

or is too much personality the gator's problem! :laugh:

no disappearing into the sunset on monday folks...make sure you give me a call and let me know where you match!!!! :thumbup:

thanks. :cool: you better be right :mad:

Jediwendell said:

they like me... they really like me... sniffle sniffle.

:love:

i think too much personality is my problem... ;) when will i learn?? :oops:

OMFS2012 said:

no disappearing into the sunset on monday folks...make sure you give me a call and let me know where you match!!!! :thumbup:

I think everyone should post on this thread where they matched. It is too bad candidates don't register their SDN names so the programs could also list their new PGY1's. Then if the program registered who they matched before the future resident put down their program they would be punished with more call. :laugh:

OMFS2012 said:

I will be disappearing... into a bottle of Jack, good news or bad. And, many of you will receive an inebbriated phone call from me at, let's say, around 9am :D . I just hope that if a Program Director calls me, it's well before noon, just about the time I'll be entering end stage liver failure :barf:

TiggerJSA said:
I will be disappearing... into a bottle of Jack, good news or bad. And, many of you will receive an inebbriated phone call from me at, let's say, around 9am :D . I just hope that if a Program Director calls me, it's well before noon, just about the time I'll be entering end stage liver failure :barf:

I have no idea what kind of condition I'll be in. All my girls are skippin school that day to start drinking mimosas by the pool in our bikinis by 9am...by 12pm, I have a brand new bottle of tequila to crack. I sure hope they call early, cause I'm gonna be a disaster. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
jstars11 said:
I have no idea what kind of condition I'll be in. All my girls are skippin school that day to start drinking mimosas by the pool in our bikinis by 9am...by 12pm, I have a brand new bottle of tequila to crack. I sure hope they call early, cause I'm gonna be a disaster. :D
I'll know it's a productive day for me if I end up in a bikini by 9am... and by the pool of my own :barf: by 12pm...:eek:

GatorDMD said:
great b/c i have 2 for you. :smuggrin: ;)

Don't give out our secret, you big man! ;) BTW, you only have one.

TiggerJSA said:
I'll know it's a productive day for me if I end up in a bikini by 9am... and by the pool of my own :barf: by 12pm...:eek:

:eek: okay, that is disgusting...your hairy ass in a bikini! :eek:

mDSC01008.jpg

UNLV OMS WANABE said:
Oh great, another scholar. Just what we needed. By the way, it's toofies, not teefies.

It may be spelled "toofies", but I swear, everytime they come in they always say "please pull out my teefies"

64 hours!!!!!!!!!! Tic.....Toc....Tic.....Toc.....Tic.....Toc.....Tic......Toc......
You can almost taste the suspense......(tastes like...salsa)
tachycardia....
tachypnea....
diaphoresis....
xerostomia....
insomnia....

a lot of people out there now know how tooth feels when he gets a date....

OMFS2012 said:
:eek: okay, that is disgusting...your hairy ass in a bikini! :eek:

mDSC01008.jpg

Wenn das ist, wie was OMFS Einwohner aussehen, mich dann vertraglich verpflichten! Ich bin krank und von allen Damen in der periodontal Residenz müde. Ich suche nach dem hungs mit dem vollen Paket. Ich bin krank und von Esclavo-großem schwangs müde. Wie der ganze Ding-Mexikaner sind sie filty, schmutzig, und versuchen, durch die Hintertür hineinzugelangen.

i'd like to meet that girl in the pink. mrawr!

with only 46 hours to go, how about a little distraction in the form of the female form...plus i'm sick of people repeating my scary image from earlier.

(you may want to cover little johnny's eyes)

:clap: :love: :wow: :thumbup: :D :clap:

bikini.jpg

OMFS2012 said:
with only 46 hours to go, how about a little distraction in the form of the female form...plus i'm sick of people repeating my scary image from earlier.

bikini.jpg

Introducing our new line-up or nurses in the ER...

drhobie7 said:
i'd like to meet that girl in the pink. mrawr!
By the look of your avatar, I'd have thought you'd be all about the whip-cream bikini...

esclavo said:
64 hours!!!!!!!!!! Tic.....Toc....Tic.....Toc.....Tic.....Toc.....Tic......Toc......
You can almost taste the suspense......(tastes like...salsa)
tachycardia....
tachypnea....
diaphoresis....
xerostomia....
insomnia....

a lot of people out there now know how tooth feels when he gets a date....

you forgot

mydriasis......
anal sphincter hyperconstricting......

OMFS2012 said:

bikini.jpg

My program just informed us residents that these 4 ladies have just been accepted to our program!

Just want to say GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!! Be sure to let us all know where you are serving your time... :cool:

OMG! 18 hours and counting....

Got a bad feeling about this....

when was the last time you wanted the weekend to go by faster!
here we go! :scared:

OMFS2012 said:
when was the last time you wanted the weekend to go by faster!
here we go! :scared:

not me man. I want it to slow down... in fact i wish it were 1/12 so i could change my freagn list around. It is going to be a rough week! :(

GatorDMD said:
not me man. I want it to slow down... in fact i wish it were 1/12 so i could change my freagn list around. It is going to be a rough week! :(

Gator please... no time for fudging around. The place you land on is your first choice even if it isn't, serve your time there as Tigger put, be happy? And be a great surgeon, who cares where it is at this point??

Good luck everyone!!! :scared:

ZMC DMD said:
Gator please... no time for fudging around. The place you land on is your first choice even if it isn't, serve your time there as Tigger put, be happy? And be a great surgeon, who cares where it is at this point??

Good luck everyone!!! :scared:

you are right. but i will be happy... i just doubt i will get my top 3-4 picks so i wish i would have fudged around #'s 4-6 a lil better. I am definitely pumped about this transition just hope all goes well and I am not doing a internship next year.

good luck to everyone as well!!!

GatorDMD said:
I am not doing a internship next year.

Really? It's all or nothing, huh?

I'm on the other side of the token, with my luck, I'll probaly be end up doing an internship! Well, at least it's with a good program and I'll get to mop Toofache's toilets and have to eat left overs from Doggie poop! :rolleyes:

... i will do a intern year if needed... i said i hope i am not doing one next year and i match this year. all or nothing? yeah all b/c i will never do general if i can help it so it is all OMFS or nothing... that said i hope i match and dont have to do a transition year. thats all. :oops:

Yah-E said:

I'm on the other side of the token, with my luck, I'll probaly be end up doing an internship! Well, at least it's with a good program and I'll get to mop Toofache's toilets and have to eat left overs from Doggie poop! :rolleyes:

Yah-E said:

you will match.

GatorDMD said:
you will match.

the question is where will the tool match???? :eek: :scared:

OMFS2012 said:
the question is where will the tool match???? :eek: :scared:

Shouldn't talk about others like that especially when you're from Iowa.

Yah-E said:

Ouch, but he is talking about the guy whose favorite quote was, "SO, do you want to read my research???" as he slammed it down on the table in front of 15 applicants.

I replied, "I remember in 3rd grade when my mother told me that if I put my report in a plastic binder it'd make a better impression..."

good times...time for a little scotch to calm the nerves.

GatorDMD said:
just hope all goes well and I am not doing a internship next year.

W:

You'll match bro! If you don't mach, then I would be shocked! Never partied wit ya, but when I externed at Parkland, the guys there spoke highly of your performance. ;) I'm sure you'll do well.

GatorDMD said:
you will match

Do you know something that I don't know? :D :scared:

Bitecys: You Iowa dudes pissed me off man, next year, we will bring home the Floyd!

tick tock baby!!! 12 hours!!!

Yah-E said:
W:

You'll match bro! If you don't mach, then I would be shocked! Never partied wit ya, but when I externed at Parkland, the guys there spoke highly of your performance. ;) I'm sure you'll do well.

Do you know something that I don't know? :D :scared:

Bitecys: You Iowa dudes pissed me off man, next year, we will bring home the Floyd!

Just take a few shots of any poison of your choosing (mine is cognac) to make the night go faster.

Good luck to everyone.

Yah-E said:

ouch...no midwest love??? you obviously aren't in on the $30 pool we've got going on (anyone starting to think it should be more?). if i was really mad i'd ruin the ending of "flight plan" for you. i just got done watching it...it's a thriller, edge of my seat all the way. sort of like this whole match thing. anyway i've got a few tabs of vicodin calling my name so i should push off into the sunset...best of luck to you all!!! meet you in the promised land.

:sleep:

OMFS2012 said:
ouch...no midwest love??? you obviously aren't in on the $30 pool we've got going on (anyone starting to think it should be more?). if i was really mad i'd ruin the ending of "flight plan" for you. i just got done watching it...it's a thriller, edge of my seat all the way. sort of like this whole match thing. anyway i've got a few tabs of vicodin calling my name so i should push off into the sunset...best of luck to you all!!! meet you in the promised land.

Alright bro... i better hear from you in the AM! God speed.

OMFS2012 said:

maybe $40. ;) but i think you will end up with all of our $$$$