You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Oregon State 2024-2025 (c/o 2029 hopefuls)
Started by supershorty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
sassysamoyed
WSU DVM ‘29
Hi blackcatgreeneyes, email Tess Collins for information about waitlist rankings. I have heard that she has been able to provide waitlist numbers for in-state students, so OOS may be possible as well.Hi! Has anyone heard anything about when the rankings for the alternate list will be coming out?
sarahhoyt15
Full Member
Have you heard anything yet?Hi! Has anyone heard anything about when the rankings for the alternate list will be coming out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
blackcatgreeneyes
New Member
Haven’t heard anything. I called Tess yesterday and got her voicemail. Left a message but haven’t heard back. I might call again this afternoon and I’ll lyk how it goes! 🙂Have you heard anything yet?
blackcatgreeneyes
New Member
Ok, I talked to Tess yesterday, and she said that the rankings list will go out “sometime in the next week,” and we’ll be able to search for our CAS number. She also said that the class size this year will be 96.Have you heard anything yet?
sarahhoyt15
Full Member
Dang I thought it would be coming out sooner 😭Ok, I talked to Tess yesterday, and she said that the rankings list will go out “sometime in the next week,” and we’ll be able to search for our CAS number. She also said that the class size this year will be 96.
scott class of 2029 dvm
New Member
Any update from OOS waitlist, anyone getting a ranking yet?
sarahhoyt15
Full Member
Nope. Nothing yet. Hopefully they’ll send them out todayAny update from OOS waitlist, anyone getting a ranking yet?
sarahhoyt15
Full Member
they just sent out rankings. Tess said it moves anywhere from 0-40+ spots
sheeperluvr48
Full Member
Just got pulled off the IS waitlist!
Dovetailequine
Full Member
Just got pulled off the IS waitlist!
Major congrats!!!! What number on the waitlist were you?
sheeperluvr48
Full Member
Thank you! I was #7Major congrats!!!! What number on the waitlist were you?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It has been unseasonably great here. Today is another day probably in the 70s, and there's not a cloud in the sky right now. I'm not totally convinced it won't start raining for another month like it did in March, but the weather here has been pretty perfect recently.Idk what everyone’s forecast is but someone’s gotta tell me why it’s sunny in the 60’s & 70’s in Corvallis and it’s been raining in the 30’s for like 2 weeks straight in northern New England. 😂
gobears2022
WSU c/o 2029
Just got taken off the OOS waitlist! I was ranked #2
Wow that’s awesome it’s moved that much! I’m a few spots behind you on the waitlist and SO hoping to get pulled offThank you! I was #7
How's the summer weather? I feel like I am prepared to arrive in September just as the long drizzle beginsIt has been unseasonably great here. Today is another day probably in the 70s, and there's not a cloud in the sky right now. I'm not totally convinced it won't start raining for another month like it did in March, but the weather here has been pretty perfect recently.
Drizzles will definitely be starting in September, but be prepared for warm days because our hottest month is generally August, so its often still cooling down at that time. However, summers here are some of my favorite, it's usually very mild with days in the 80s to low 90s, and usually a breeze to accompany.How's the summer weather? I feel like I am prepared to arrive in September just as the long drizzle begins
sarahhoyt15
Full Member
How much more do we think the OOS waitlist will move?? I’m still hoping to get off
J.bizzle00
Oregon c/o ‘30
I’m not sure, hopefully a lot more! I’m currently #6 and keeping my fingers crossed 🥹How much more do we think the OOS waitlist will move?? I’m still hoping to get off
J.bizzle00
Oregon c/o ‘30
Does anyone know how long they are giving us to accept our seat after notifying us of being admitted?
gobears2022
WSU c/o 2029
I was admitted around 11:00 AM pacific time on 4/16 and was given until noon pacific time on 4/21 to accept or decline my seatDoes anyone know how long they are giving us to accept our seat after notifying us of being admitted?
I declined my offer so hopefully the waitlist will move more soon!
Dovetailequine
Full Member
Anyone have any supermarkets they like in Corvallis for everyday stuff?
Wondering if there’s also any grocery/ co-op that carries some international items less common in your usual supermarket? [emoji102]
Corvallis has a Trader Joe’s!
sassysamoyed
WSU DVM ‘29
Trader Joes is about a 5 minute drive from campus, Market of Choice is a really good high-end supermarket with quality produce and ready to eat meals (~7 minute drive from campus). There are also 3 Safeways, a Fred Meyer, and Natural Grocers. For a bit cheaper groceries, there are 2 First Alternative Co-ops (one downtown and one in South town). The co-op also has some ready made meals, including really good broccoli cheddar Mac & cheese.Anyone have any supermarkets they like in Corvallis for everyday stuff?
Wondering if there’s also any grocery/ co-op that carries some international items less common in your usual supermarket? 👀
YEEEEEAHHHH 🤘🏻I accepted my spot off the OOS waitlist last Monday, super excited!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Renee Rodriguez
Full Member
Hi friends!
First off, huge congratulations to those of you who have been accepted into the Class of 2029! Our class and council are SO excited to welcome you to vet school. As you guys are slowly getting into the vet school mindset, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. I’m happy to help! You can also connect with my amazing classmates through our Instagram page: @osu_ccvm_2028.
As some of you may know, our class is currently running a fundraiser for OSU Vet Med merch! When we were incoming students, we had a hard time finding fun and cute OSU Vet Med gear, so we chose to make our own! Now we’re selling it to help fund our class events, including some exciting interclass activities we have planned for this fall. Since I know some of you may currently be in the same position as we were, I thought it may be helpful if I shared the link here 🙂
That said, we’ve recently learned about some policy updates that will require us to adjust our designs over the summer. So if there’s something you love, be sure to grab it before June 13th while the current versions are still available!
Once again, congrats on your acceptance! We have lots of fun things planned to help you feel at home this fall, and we can’t wait to meet you guys 🙂)
Store link: OSU Vet Med Merch
First off, huge congratulations to those of you who have been accepted into the Class of 2029! Our class and council are SO excited to welcome you to vet school. As you guys are slowly getting into the vet school mindset, please feel free to reach out to me with any questions. I’m happy to help! You can also connect with my amazing classmates through our Instagram page: @osu_ccvm_2028.
As some of you may know, our class is currently running a fundraiser for OSU Vet Med merch! When we were incoming students, we had a hard time finding fun and cute OSU Vet Med gear, so we chose to make our own! Now we’re selling it to help fund our class events, including some exciting interclass activities we have planned for this fall. Since I know some of you may currently be in the same position as we were, I thought it may be helpful if I shared the link here 🙂
That said, we’ve recently learned about some policy updates that will require us to adjust our designs over the summer. So if there’s something you love, be sure to grab it before June 13th while the current versions are still available!
Once again, congrats on your acceptance! We have lots of fun things planned to help you feel at home this fall, and we can’t wait to meet you guys 🙂)
Store link: OSU Vet Med Merch
Tiffany So
Full Member
Do you guys know if the class is already full?
J.bizzle00
Oregon c/o ‘30
I hope not. I’m so close to being off the waitlistDo you guys know if the class is already full?
J.bizzle00
Oregon c/o ‘30
I also feel like they would tell us by now if the class is already fullI hope not. I’m so close to being off the waitlist
J.bizzle00
Oregon c/o ‘30
Just received my acceptance letter for out of state admission. I will be accepting my spot. Can’t wait to meet everyone in the fall 🙏🏽💛
J.bizzle00
Oregon c/o ‘30
Is there a chat or group for incoming students?
ThunderMuffin
New Member
Link is invalid now, maybe someone could repost?
sheeperluvr48
Full Member
metalbiscuit290
New Member
Has anyone heard if the class is closed yet or not? I emailed the school twice haven’t gotten a response I’m assuming because Tess has left now but just curious if anyone else has any information! Thanks! Still on the Waitlist and hoping to make it in!!!
I emailed about the in state waitlist a week or so ago and there has been no further movement. Unsure about OOSHas anyone heard if the class is closed yet or not? I emailed the school twice haven’t gotten a response I’m assuming because Tess has left now but just curious if anyone else has any information! Thanks! Still on the Waitlist and hoping to make it in!!!
sharksquirtle42
New Member
Hi, could someone repost the link? It has become invalid again 🙃
J.bizzle00
Oregon c/o ‘30
Hi, could someone repost the link? It has become invalid again 🙃
Join the Oregon Vet Class 2029 Discord Server!
Check out the Oregon Vet Class 2029 community on Discord - hang out with 13 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.