Organic Chemistry 2 and Biochem combined in a semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davethebarbarian

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Forecasting for next semester, and I'm having a hard decision deciding what to do for my 2nd semester of my sophomore year. I am acing organic chemistry 1 right now, but I put a lot of effort into the course. Majority of my time this semester has been used for studying and I'm pulling As in my courses, but I have not been able to volunteer and work at my former research lab besides a small tutoring gig. I'm planing on taking Organic 2, Physics 2, Genetics, Physics 2 Lab, Organic 2 Lab, General Chem 2 Lab, and deciding if I should take Human Phys and Anatomy 1, Biochem or both together. I am still deciding if I should plan on taking the MCAT right after my sophomore year or not. Is Biochem, Organic 2, and Humans Phys doable together? Is it worth taking Biochem and Human Phys before the new MCAT or self study the courses?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're alrdy in Organic 2, where's that Gen Chem lab coming from? Isn't Gen Chem 1 and 2 a required prereq for Organic?

Uh I guess it's doable together. But plan to not have a life. Personally I wouldn't advise it.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're alrdy in Organic 2, where's that Gen Chem lab coming from? Isn't Gen Chem 1 and 2 a required prereq for Organic?
I was being a baby last year and decided not to take General Chem 2 Lab but I did amazing in the course!

I did it and also worked and did research and volunteered. sucked but not too bad.