1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Organic I Final

Discussion in 'Pre-Veterinary' started by clawsbeatskin, May 6, 2007.

1. clawsbeatskin

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Anyone have any tips on the best way to study for an Organic I final? I have an A so far, but for some reason I'm freaking about the final. :(

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. medicalmarvel

2+ Year Member

well if you have an A upto now, you must not be left out the study practices. so just start revising everything from now on. hope you get an A again.. best of luck.

4. AuburnPreVet

AuburnPreVet AU CVM Class of 2011
    5+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    Do whatever has been working for you for each of the other orgo exams you've had. My only advice is to try to actually understand the reactions/mechs rather than memorize them - if you can do that all of the synthesis problems etc.. will all make conceptual sense.

:luck:

5. soxbox

soxbox CSU PVM Class of '11
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    I guess it depends on how your class is structured and what you covered, but i thought the hardest part of orgo for me was remembering all of the reactions (I just took my orgo 2 final... where there was at least another 20 reactions we had to learn)... so to help me study for both classes I had made a study sheet with what I wanted to make (ie: alcohol) what you would need (ie: alkene), what reagent you would need (ie: H2O/H2SO4) , write out an example, and then what the regiochemistry (ie: markovnikov addition) and the steriochemisty (ie:none/cis/trans) would be..

I did this on a front and back of a piece of paper... and (yes this is crazy I guess, but between working fulltime and part time and taking 3 classes, time for me was scarce) every morning when I would shower I would stick that paper into a ziplock bag and then stick the bag to the wet shower wall and would get in a good 20 minutes of studying every morning... and then just take that paper with me everywhere else I went (similiar to when I had to memorize all the amino acids, kreb cycle, gluconeogenesis, etc for biochem) and whenever I had a free minute or two, just keep reviewing all of those reactions... Flash cards would work as well, but then my little shower study technique wouldnt work :)

I also made great friends with my model kit which helped a lot with those Newman projections (I think thats what they were called...) :)

I wish you luck!!

6. Capella

Capella OK-State 2011
    2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    This may work for you:

Attached Files:

7. clawsbeatskin

2+ Year Member

Veterinary Student
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sooo great!!! You guys are wonderful, thanks for the encouragement.

8. ckgilabert

ckgilabert CSU PVM c/o 2014!!!!
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Veterinary
    good luck! we didnt have kits or cheat sheets on our test, but the teacher was really big on taking questions from the book and lots of points go to mechanisms!! and study old tests. good luck on your final!!