This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Rorifer

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First time poster here. Graduated with a DDS in 2017 and am currently serving in the military with 4 years of commitment. During school I didn't feel like I got enough exposure to pursue any specific residency but now that I've been practicing for about a year I'm interested in Ortho. My GPA is 3.65 but my class ranking is (top 43%) . I have presented a research poster, but didn't get a publication.
1.) What do you think the chances are of me being accepted in an Ortho Residency?
2.) What steps would you recommend to make myself more competitive within the next ~3 years
3.) What GRE / ADAT scores would make my application competitive?

​
 
Last edited:
only way to know is to apply yourself and pursue it. i dont think anyone here will have the right answer for you. start networking. effectively study for both exams and do very well. do more research. externship. probably a good start