-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Admissions director confirmed in July that it’s the same format as last year.And how do you know that it will be one you take on your own time?
How does that work? Do they give you a prompt and you record your response?Admissions director confirmed in July that it’s the same format as last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UNLV_sdm_co2026
Full Member
That is how UNLV does it, through Kira. And Michigan I believe, plus maybe a few others. They have pre-recorded questions and then you have a limited amount of time to answer on camera.How does that work? Do they give you a prompt and you record your response?
Got this email from OSU after asking about interviews: We will be conducting online evaluations this year and will start sending out invitations by email within the next 3 weeks.
What's an online evaluation?Got this email from OSU after asking about interviews: We will be conducting online evaluations this year and will start sending out invitations by email within the next 3 weeks.
D
deleted1013836
Probably the Kira assessmentWhat's an online evaluation?
When did you receive the email response?Got this email from OSU after asking about interviews: We will be conducting online evaluations this year and will start sending out invitations by email within the next 3 weeks.
October 25th!When did you receive the email response?
predent_nt
New Member
Just received an interview invite!
Predentthrowaway 0110
Full Member
Just received an email from OSU saying I've been selected for the candidate assessment!
toothbetold1290
Full Member
Received an interview invite at 8:38pm! Virtual interview style
dentalschool098
New Member
Do they mainly accept in state students? I read they only have 16 OOS spots.
That is correctDo they mainly accept in state students? I read they only have 16 OOS spots.
predent_nt
New Member
Anyone else panicking because we have to submit the Kira assessment in 7 days??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1104389
Just received an invite for the assessment tonight. I am an out-of-state student.
what are your stats if you don't mind?Just received an invite for the assessment tonight. I am an out-of-state student.
Within 7 days of receiving the Kira email* which will be in 3-5 business daysAnyone else panicking because we have to submit the Kira assessment in 7 days??
predent_nt
New Member
I received the Kira email maybe an hour after the interview invite. I was expecting to wait 3-5 days like the email said :/Within 7 days of receiving the Kira email* which will be in 3-5 business days
Wow same with me. Checked my junk mail after reading this and it was there.I received the Kira email maybe an hour after the interview invite. I was expecting to wait 3-5 days like the email said :/
ohiostatedental
New Member
still waiting for an interview invite... 😓
Be patient my dude.still waiting for an interview invite... 😓
me, I applied mid-end July cuz one of my Rec letters came in late. I got the invite last night too. It seems like everyone gets it at the same time, IS or OOS. I wonder what % of candidates that they invited though.anyone applied mid July and got an interview?
not sure how many they send per wave, but the total number is close to 300me, I applied mid-end July cuz one of my Rec letters came in late. I got the invite last night too. It seems like everyone gets it at the same time, IS or OOS. I wonder what % of candidates that they invited though.
Have you done their Kira assessment yet? Any thoughts?not sure how many they send per wave, but the total number is close to 300
Predentthrowaway 0110
Full Member
I've done it, it was just 4 video responses and 1 typed. The questions were overall fair, one of them threw me off but it wasn't cause it was unfair or anything.Have you done their Kira assessment yet? Any thoughts?
predent_nt
New Member
Did you feel like practicing questions from SDN's interview feedback was helpful?I've done it, it was just 4 video responses and 1 typed. The questions were overall fair, one of them threw me off but it wasn't cause it was unfair or anything.
Predentthrowaway 0110
Full Member
Overall no, I believe all of the ones I've seen posted for OSU have been from prepandemic interviews as there was basically no similarities. If you have done kira for another dental school, it is similar in nature to those.Did you feel like practicing questions from SDN's interview feedback was helpful?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1104389
26 AA, 3.99 overall GPA, 4.0 sGPAwhat are your stats if you don't mind?
ohiostatedental
New Member
You got this!Anyone apply end of july (OOS) and got an interview invite? I'm trying to be hopeful but the suspense is killing me softly
Uvundergrad
Full Member
Just received a virtual interview invite!
What are your stats if you don’t mind?Just received a virtual interview invite!
Uvundergrad
Full Member
I applied beginning of august and just received and completed the interview tonight. This was my first interview of the cycle.Anyone apply end of july (OOS) and got an interview invite? I'm trying to be hopeful but the suspense is killing me softly
a_humble_squirrel
New Member
Received a Kira assessment email yesterday but no virtual interview invite (assuming everyone is talking about two separate things). Anyone else in the same boat?
Uvundergrad
Full Member
Yeah I only got the Kira invite last night. It sounded like that was all they were doing but I guess not.Received a Kira assessment email yesterday but no virtual interview invite (assuming everyone is talking about two separate things). Anyone else in the same boat?
Yes, I’m in the same boat. I got the invite for the Kira assessment. Is there another step in the process or is this the interview?Received a Kira assessment email yesterday but no virtual interview invite (assuming everyone is talking about two separate things). Anyone else in the same boat?
No, I am sure it is just the Kira Assessment.Yes, I’m in the same boat. I got the invite for the Kira assessment. Is there another step in the process or is this the interview?
It wouldn't make sense to have two ways to interview applicants.
Uvundergrad
Full Member
That’s what I would assume. Especially because decision day is less than a month away.No, I am sure it is just the Kira Assessment.
It wouldn't make sense to have two ways to interview applicants.
I ended up getting the second part of the email today and my AADSAS status changed to invited for interview! Super happy!Yes, I’m in the same boat. I got the invite for the Kira assessment. Is there another step in the process or is this the interview?
Uvundergrad
Full Member
Is that email just an official invite for the Kira assessment?I ended up getting the second part of the email today and my AADSAS status changed to invited for interview! Super happy!
I got the email with the Kira instructions last night and then got the email explaining that we would be getting the Kira instructions in 3-5 days today. I just got them in the reverse order I believe!Is that email just an official invite for the Kira assessment?
D
deleted1078029
I got just the Kira Assessment on Sunday, but no other email lol
D
deleted1078029
And my AADSAS status didn't change.I got just the Kira Assessment on Sunday, but no other email lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Uvundergrad
Full Member
Same. I haven’t gotten the email either. It will probably come in the next week I’m assumingAnd my AADSAS status didn't change.
Did they email you about your interview? Was it in your inbox/spam? I even checked my osu account but there's nothing there.I applied beginning of august and just received and completed the interview tonight. This was my first interview of the cycle.
Uvundergrad
Full Member
No I haven’t gotten anything besides the Kira email. I’ve been checking everything😂Did they email you about your interview? Was it in your inbox/spam? I even checked my osu account but there's nothing there.
I'm a but confused as well. I received a KIRA assessment on Sunday but no interview invite and my status on AASAS did not change. How much time is suppose to pass between KIRA and the virtual interview email?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 27
- Views
- 10K
- Replies
- 65
- Views
- 20K