OSU Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Started by deleted1070139
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a but confused as well. I received a KIRA assessment on Sunday but no interview invite and my status on AASAS did not change. How much time is suppose to pass between KIRA and the virtual interview email?
It sounds like the interview invite should come before the Kira email. So there must’ve been some sort of glitch
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What's the best way to prepare for their KIRA assessment?
Same way you prepare for any other interview. I made a document with a bunch of possible interveiw questions and how i'd respond to them, and it's really helpful to have someone act as an interviewer for you over facetime so you can practice
 
It's pretty quiet in here. Does anyone have a guess as to how many candidates they had for the two weeks of Kira interviews? I would guess ~100 each week but OSU is as unpredictable as ever.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you happen to email them give us an update!
I read through last years thread and it seems like bc they are online they do them more spread out and once you get an interview the turn around is pretty quick. They also give out interviews after Dec 1 all the way till Feb.
 
I read through last years thread and it seems like bc they are online they do them more spread out and once you get an interview the turn around is pretty quick. They also give out interviews after Dec 1 all the way till Feb.
where did you get the info that they’re interviewing until Feb? They’ve never done this in the past
 
I’m a reapplication. From what I remember last year there were 4 total interview cycles. I remember the first round of interviews started later than they did this cycle. But there were 3 before the acceptances were sent out, and 1 after.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations to everyone that got accepted!!! And to anyone that didn’t hear back yet, don’t get discouraged! It’s only the first day they give out seats and there’s still plenty of time in the cycle! I was wondering if there’s a group me or Facebook group for accepted student.
 
Congratulations to everyone that got accepted!!! And to anyone that didn’t hear back yet, don’t get discouraged! It’s only the first day they give out seats and there’s still plenty of time in the cycle! I was wondering if there’s a group me or Facebook group for accepted student.
Hey! I was also accepted into the class of 2026 & I just created this GroupMe for anyone who was accepted to join!

You're invited to my new group 'tOSU College of Dentistry ‘26' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe
 
This is what I received from the admissions office
“I will be sending out emails to candidates on our alternate list in the next week. As we are informed that candidates have declined our offer of admission, we will send out more offers.”
 
This is what I received from the admissions office
“I will be sending out emails to candidates on our alternate list in the next week. As we are informed that candidates have declined our offer of admission, we will send out more offers.”
Does this mean we also get rejections next week?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is what I received from the admissions office
“I will be sending out emails to candidates on our alternate list in the next week. As we are informed that candidates have declined our offer of admission, we will send out more offers.”
So does that mean anyone that hasn’t heard is technically waitlisted at the moment or no decision has been made? It seems like very few people have been accepted.
 
Does this mean we also get rejections next week?
This is what I received from the admissions office
“I will be sending out emails to candidates on our alternate list in the next week. As we are informed that candidates have declined our offer of admission, we will send out more offers.”
Is that for people who interviewed earlier in November? I’m assuming they will send out more acceptances possibly next week for people who interviewed later. Or did they do most of the acceptances already?
 
I’ve looked through this thread and the only ones to post that they were accepted were ones who said they received interviews in the first round around Nov 1st. So I’m not sure how they are doing it but it kind of seems like it’s in waves.
Yes, I completely agree. Seems like that’s what they also did last year! Fingers crossed.