OT: Moar Phast, Moar Phurious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh God!!! :rofl:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
we got some lurkers in the house tonight! woot woot

I didn't see anyone I recognize when I went to best. I did buy a really nice case though. But it was $35 :eek: But it's worth it, because if I did it online, I would save $12 and wait a week or two. The cost from the risks of it breaking within a week or two is far greater than $12 :laugh:

NaOH, did you even go outside at all? I saw an accident on Mara Lynn on the way back home. It looked really serious since it involved two cop cars.

I'm about to go on my 12th page of free apps. Is that too many? :laugh:

I have 3 and think that's overboard, I can't imagine 12 :O

I'm definitely gonna be using iTunes to remove some to make room for other apps I might download or buy.

iTunes backs up every app I have, so I can always put them back.

I don't use very many apps on my iPod.

I've been chatting with my little sister for an hour about college. She's anxious to get started lol

I don't use very many apps on my iPod.

I've been chatting with my little sister for an hour about college. She's anxious to get started lol

I've talked to my sister about starting college too. Except she was kinda nervous and worried about it.

My total app count is:156 :laugh:

If I don't count the apps that were already there, then it's: 138.

The dearly beloved by everyone FB told me so.

I don't know how I feel about it - it's an evil hell hole that sucks you in, but I almost have to be on it because I'm the admin for our class group and we set some of our class events and fundraisers through FB, so I can't escape it.

Last summer, someone stole pictures from my account (it used to be on extreme privacy setting at a time) and used it to create a fake alternate account of me and send out messages to my classmate-to-be. That was quite something causing me insurmountable amount of stress.

oic. I didn't know FB had my bday on it ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Way to go. :rolleyes:

I came home to find that grenade of a thread waiting for me.

Isn't being a mod fun?

A bunch of the users on the forum I help run have my cell number or have me on FB. I've gotten up many times in the wee hours of the morning to either take care of a spammer or some huge argument.

Sometimes it feels as if you're a parent with hundreds of five year olds lol

Check out these jugs

23971_523866013003_185200986_31022891_254186_n.jpg

Isn't being a mod fun?

A bunch of the users on the forum I help run have my cell number or have me on FB. I've gotten up many times in the wee hours of the morning to either take care of a spammer or some huge argument.

Sometimes it feels as if you're a parent with hundreds of five year olds lol

The Pre-Allo area is far worse. Way to tear into the guy, P4Sci. Did you sniff BS or just want to correct him on the definition of hearsay?

The Pre-Allo area is far worse. Way to tear into the guy, P4Sci. Did you sniff BS or just want to correct him on the definition of hearsay?

He tried too hard to reassure beyond a doubt that it wasn't hearsay. In psychology, this means he's defensive and has a reason to think people will think he's BSing.

Then he asked my age like it was relevant, and it was ON.

I honestly only found out about this today. Someone requested the Prometh with Codeine "he said the purple one, please." The Rx was all kinds of chicken scratch, so I thought she wanted a purple one touch ultra glucometer. I just pointed her to the shelves. Both of us left that conversation very... confused.

Win. :thumbup:

Report: Georgia to outlaw left-lane slowpokes

by Jeremy Korzeniewski on Mar 24th 2010 at 5:01PM
Is there anything more irritating on your morning commute than slow-moving drivers who refuse to extricate themselves from the passing lane? The answer is "no." And so now we may have at least one good reason to consider moving to Georgia... that's if the Senate follows the shining example of the House (the 129-29 vote was passed after just seven minutes of debate) in passing Bill 1047. Says Rep. Mark Butler, (R-Carrollton), who introduced the Bill:
I don't think I'm alone in saying this, but there are so many times when you're alone on a four-lane road, and people will get over in the left-hand lane, which by law is supposed to be used for passing, and will just sit there and use it as their own personal drive-out lane, and they may be going 50 miles per hour. It's slowing down traffic. It's frustrating.
No Mark, you most certainly are not alone, and it is indeed one of the most frustrating elements of our nation's roadways. Though it's technically already a law that slowpokes must move out of the far-left lane, it's rarely enforced. This Bill would seek to change all of that with a way to accurately record how many such tickets are handed out each year.

Biggest pet peeve on the road. Two miles of empty space ahead of them and two miles of backed up cars behind them...

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

And for nicolesm's comment (a while back) about how breaking the speed limit by 1 mph is illegal ... its not in many states. Speed limits in Texas, Utah, and Rhode Island are prima facie.

and Cali laws...
21654. (a) Notwithstanding the prima facie speed limits, any
vehicle proceeding upon a highway at a speed less than the normal
speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time shall be
driven in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as practicable
to the right-hand edge or curb, except when overtaking and passing
another vehicle proceeding in the same direction or when preparing
for a left turn at an intersection or into a private road or
driveway.
(b) If a vehicle is being driven at a speed less than the normal
speed of traffic moving in the same direction at such time, and is
not being driven in the right-hand lane for traffic or as close as
practicable to the right-hand edge or curb, it shall constitute prima
facie evidence that the driver is operating the vehicle in violation
of subdivision (a) of this section.
(c) The Department of Transportation, with respect to state
highways, and local authorities, with respect to highways under their
jurisdiction, may place and maintain upon highways official signs
directing slow-moving traffic to use the right-hand traffic lane
except when overtaking and passing another vehicle or preparing for a
left turn.

However, because the Basic Speed Law establishes prima facie limits, not absolute ones, they can also defend against a citation for speeding "by competent evidence that the speed in excess of said limits did not constitute a violation of the basic speed law at the time, place and under the conditions then existing," per section 22351(b) of the California Vehicle Code.

Last edited:
Want me to delete that quote?

No, it's fine. And I won't puke unless I'm full (small stomach) and that doesn't happen unless beer pong is involved ... I don't even get hangovers :confused:

I didn't see anyone I recognize when I went to best. I did buy a really nice case though. But it was $35 :eek: But it's worth it, because if I did it online, I would save $12 and wait a week or two. The cost from the risks of it breaking within a week or two is far greater than $12 :laugh:

NaOH, did you even go outside at all? I saw an accident on Mara Lynn on the way back home. It looked really serious since it involved two cop cars.

Naw, I decided to do some reading for next week's micro lectures, and wound up taking a nap instead.

Wow, that must be your superpower.

Maybe random genetics along with mental focus. I don't have a lot of alcohol dehydrogenase either ... my eyes turn ultra red when I drink a little ...

And we sell a LOT of sizzurp. Apparently the way it is to be consumed is, you put in however much of the syrup you want (in a plastic cup... it's important), fill the rest of the way with Sprite (the tropical fruit flavor if you can find it), and toss in a Jolly Rancher. Dunno if the flavor makes a difference.

.......and I'm not sure how I know all this.

The default speed limit outside of "business or residential" districts in Arizona is 65 mph, within those districts the default speed limit is 25 mph. The school zone speed limit is 15 mph. Exceeding these limits only in the best of driving conditions is considered prima facie evidence of speeding. Altered speed limits are not prima facie.

The maximum speed limit on Interstate Highways is 75 mph. This limit may be applied outside of "urbanized areas", where 85 mph on any highway is considered "excessive". Within "business or residential" districts, exceeding the speed limit by 20 mph is considered "excessive". Within "urbanized areas", 55 mph speed limit citations are given for "waste of a finite resource". This exception only applies within a 10 mph threshold. As long as the speed does not exceed 65 mph, the infraction is not recorded as a traffic violation for the purposes of a point system. Nonetheless, exceeding these 55 mph limits, effective on many freeways in Phoenix, for example, is illegal.

Hmm... Arizona sucks, 55 mph on freeways? Arizona seems like a big state of nothingness :confused:

55 is way slow. Where I'm from the slow freeways are 65 and the fast ones are 70.

Seeing how you're the only one in your solar system, I wouldn't expect there to be a speed limit in the first place :laugh:

I've talked to my sister about starting college too. Except she was kinda nervous and worried about it.

I was SUPER excited... I still remember my first day. It was a Wednesday and my first class was Sociology Honors at 10:10 am. We were all early and the professor commented that he could tell we were overachievers. LOL Then I had two other classes and went to cheer practice at 8 pm that night.

We caused (in part) a thread to become closed :laugh:

Whaaatttt? I missed? Was it pre-pharm? I never go in pre-allo.

And we sell a LOT of sizzurp. Apparently the way it is to be consumed is, you put in however much of the syrup you want (in a plastic cup... it's important), fill the rest of the way with Sprite (the tropical fruit flavor if you can find it), and toss in a Jolly Rancher. Dunno if the flavor makes a difference.

.......and I'm not sure how I know all this.

That is how you drink it. I've seen guys drink it before and they cried and thought everyone was going to beat them up... not too hot.

I come from a long line of alcoholics... so I can drink like a champ

I used to be able to, but I don't really drink anymore. I actually get tipsy quickly and have hangovers now for some reason... probably because I rarely drink now.

I usually don't drink, I'm just bored :( I don't like night time ... nothing to do

I've always liked night time the best! I could stay inside all day, but it seems like my friends in particular do more at night. I do like going to the beach or on the boat in the day though.

Whaaatttt? I missed? Was it pre-pharm? I never go in pre-allo.
Pre-Pharm

I used to be able to, but I don't really drink anymore. I actually get tipsy quickly and have hangovers now for some reason... probably because I rarely drink now.

Hangover feels like ... ?

I've always liked night time the best! I could stay inside all day, but it seems like my friends in particular do more at night. I do like going to the beach or on the boat in the day though.

Going down hills/mountains ASAP at night while avoiding boulders/trees is not conducive to living.... which is why I don't like night. Slow is boring :(