Pacific University - 2008 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
YAY I also got an interview invite for Nov 10th!!! :love::love::love:

Congrats!!! wht r ur stats?

Cumulative = 2.9
science = 3.0
last 45 units = 3.48

i think... i guess they do look at other stuff than just the grades :)
been working at a pharmacy for 1.5 years (half as a clerk and half as a tech).. went to Cal undergraduate and working on my MBA now.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you have any volunteer or experience in pharmacy and ...lot of people have your stats but they brought a bunch of other stuff. Hang in there.

ps...i thought you wasnt too worried about UOP and you was more interested in Western and USC>>>:rolleyes:

I better get mine tomorrow

i think Lonnie works from home or something, because she just replied my email inquiries right away...so your invite could still come later today/tmr...hang in there!

I just checked my email-- I GOT ONE TOO!! :D

do you have any volunteer or experience in pharmacy and ...lot of people have your stats but they brought a bunch of other stuff. Hang in there.

ps...i thought you wasnt too worried about UOP and you was more interested in Western and USC>>>:rolleyes:

I have 2 years of hospital inpatient volunteer + 6 month of tech work. :)

I am not worried about UOP. This thread for Pacific Univ, OR. I do like USC and Western more. BUt, sometimes we don't get what we want.

Cumulative = 2.9
science = 3.0
last 45 units = 3.48

i think... i guess they do look at other stuff than just the grades :)
been working at a pharmacy for 1.5 years (half as a clerk and half as a tech).. went to Cal undergraduate and working on my MBA now.

The scary thing is if you look at my post in the PU thread from last year, I posted my stats and they are almost exactly the same. Except my last 45 units was a 3.24 gpa.

I should be at that 11/10 interview greeting you guys at the table and handing out name tags and taking your pictures. I cannot wait to meet you guys.

Congrats to everyone who got that invite.

I submitted my application on 24th sep...dint recieve an interview invite yet....i have almost same stats as u guys...science gpa 3.03, cumm gpa 3.15 and last 45 gpa 3.55....I hope I hear from them soon...:(is there any1 in the same boat?

I submitted my application on 24th sep...dint recieve an interview invite yet....i have almost same stats as u guys...science gpa 3.03, cumm gpa 3.15 and last 45 gpa 3.55....I hope I hear from them soon...:(is there any1 in the same boat?

Yea I didn't get anything either for them. My stats are similar also. But I got an interview at MCPHS, so I am happy about that at least. :)

Members don't see this ad :)

I am in the same boat! What does this mean? Are we being rejected?

Same day! :( I seriously don't feel good about this.

im in the same boat with you all....same gpas, 3.55 over last 50 a year as a pharm tech, and the past year has been in management at walgreens..i have good LOR's, had my app in WAAAYYY at the beginning..like 2nd week of august or so...hopin I get an email soon....

I wonder if the essay question was answered wrong...

I wonder if the essay question was answered wrong...

I don't think there is a right or wrong answer to their question.. I was actually a little worried about it but what can you do after it's already been submitted.

I have not received the invite. Looks like I am not in the first batch of the invitees. Anyone know Pacific's style? they invite several batches of applicants? or they continuously invite people for interview? Thanks!

I have not received the invite. Looks like I am not in the first batch of the invitees. Anyone know Pacific's style? they invite several batches of applicants? or they continuously invite people for interview? Thanks!

I talked to lonnie this morning...wht i understand after talking to her is that the next interview invites will be sent by mid-november....

I talked to lonnie this morning...wht i understand after talking to her is that the next interview invites will be sent by mid-november....

I sent in all my application stuff on Sept.28th, and my GPAs are as good, I also have other experiences including pharmacy. so I am a bit worried that why I did not get the invitation.

Anyway, what's the ratio of admissions vs. interviewers? any one know? thanks!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview:thumbup:
I sent mine on Sept. 25, but did not get an invitation.
Do I still have hope?
I really really want to go Pacific!!!:luck:

So does that mean that everyone who has gotten an invite already is in the group and thats it?? or are they sending them out over the next couple days??

So does that mean that everyone who has gotten an invite already is in the group and thats it?? or are they sending them out over the next couple days??

I was told tht i shld expect something from thm by mid-november...so i guess yea...they already sent in the 1st interview invites...

Just wondering - is there anyone from Southern California that's going to the Nov. 10th interview? I'm thinking of arriving to Portland on the day before the interview to get comfortable and check out the campus. Anyone's interested lemme know! :D

And for those who are going to the interview, where are you from? :)

I was told tht i shld expect something from thm by mid-november...so i guess yea...they already sent in the 1st interview invites...

How do they differentiate invitees? based on merits or the application date? Because they are still accepting applications now.

Just wondering - is there anyone from Southern California that's going to the Nov. 10th interview? I'm thinking of arriving to Portland on the day before the interview to get comfortable and check out the campus. Anyone's interested lemme know! :D

I am from Los Angeles, CA

Congrats to everyone who got an interview:thumbup:
I sent mine on Sept. 25, but did not get an invitation.
Do I still have hope?
I really really want to go Pacific!!!:luck:

I heard Pacific Univ will have 4 interviews. Because they are non pharmacas school, they receive about 500 apps according to Lonnie. And interview around 200 for a class for about 96. So everyone has a good shot. Not to be critical or anything, why did you submit your app so late if u wanted to go there. Initially the first interview was suppose to be in end of Oct.

I heard Pacific Univ will have 4 interviews. Because they are non pharmacas school, they receive about 500 apps according to Lonnie. And interview around 200 for a class for about 96. So everyone has a good shot. Not to be critical or anything, why did you submit your app so late if u wanted to go there. Initially the first interview was suppose to be in end of Oct.

hey steve, did lonnie tell you that their class has 96 seats?

she told me also that there are 4 interview dates, with about 225 total interviews.

For those who received invitations, are any of you re-applicant?

Is This Pacific Of Stockton You Guys Are Talking About Or Oregon

Nov. 10th is the first interview date of the 4 interview dates? So 1 quarter of the 225 interviews are for this date. Am i correct? if so, there are still 160 interview chances left, that will be good!:laugh:

Hey I am not from California, but I am thinking about arriving at portland early on friday and check everything out....... anyone??????

So Pacific will have one interview day in each month, form November through Feburary? Then there will be 4 interview days, is it correct? Anyone knows? Thanks!

So Pacific will have one interview day in each month, form November through Feburary? Then there will be 4 interview days, is it correct? Anyone knows? Thanks!

Crap, that means the next one might be in December? I can't make it to the Nov. 10th one because of WORK! Grr....

Does Lonnie usually respond fairly quickly? I emailed her this morning to ask if there were other interview dates available since I can't take off for the Nov. 10th interview.. :(

Crap, that means the next one might be in December? I can't make it to the Nov. 10th one because of WORK! Grr....

Does Lonnie usually respond fairly quickly? I emailed her this morning to ask if there were other interview dates available since I can't take off for the Nov. 10th interview.. :(

I believe the interviews are Nov, early Jan, mid-Jan, and Feb. Don't quote me on that though. Man, I need to study and stop messing around on this internet!

I'm going on the Nov 10th interview and I'm coming from southern california, LA area.

Hey K0ni, can you give us an update on the other interview dates that Lonnie confirms?

terse said:
I just checked my email as well and I got an invite also. I have the USC interview that day, so i just rescheduled my interview with Lonnie to Jan 26th.

Next interview date is Jan 26th, which will be the 2nd one. The 3rd and 4th interview dates will be in February. They will be interviewing about 50-56 students per session. Lonnie told me this over the phone when I rescheduled with her.

so.. .
I received an interview as well.
Im coming from Los Angeles and arriving on nov 9th and departing nov 11th.
Anyone on the same boat? PM me if u are!!

Next interview date is Jan 26th, which will be the 2nd one. The 3rd and 4th interview dates will be in February. They will be interviewing about 50-56 students per session. Lonnie told me this over the phone when I rescheduled with her.

Are you going to the Jan 26th interview date? I spoke to Lonnie today to re-schedule for that date. She told me the same information as well.. Also-- Nov 10th interviewees will receive notification of acceptances within a month or so.. As for the 3 interviews in Jan & Feb, interviewees will all be notified late in March (about a month after the last interview date).

To those going to the Nov 10th interview date: You have an edge over the rest of the applicants going to later interview dates! Congrats and good luck.

Hey guys (and gals) - I just wanted to congratulate everyone on their interview invites - and reassure those that didn't receive one to keep their heads up.

If you didn't receive an invite for the first date - Don't lose heart - it really only means they haven't sent you one yet... - I wasn't invited for the first date either...

To those who did receive an invite - do your homework - prepare yourself for the 15 minute session. It takes practice to let your personality shine through. Beyond that, I would stress to you to understand precisely why you want to be at Pacific. Spend time in the interview feedback section, and definitely avoid falsifying yourself. If you guys have any questions - feel free to post - until then - holla.

~above~