-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pacific University, Oregon
Started by HelloPanda22
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Dang...is this the on-hold party? Sorry, I'm late 😀
Yuuup oh-hold for wait list, interviews, etc I feel like the later in the cycle it goes the more ppl get put on hold bc they become really indecisive
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks Katherinetoo, that pretty much confirms my suspicion that my application never made it out of the system.
Seems like I'm not the only person who has had a bad experience with this school!
Yup it happens, good luck with the other schools though! 👍

Yup it happens, good luck with the other schools though! 👍![]()
Well just to add to this trend.. I applied last year and was waitlisted.. They devide their waitlist into 3 Tiers and in each tier there are like 30 student. So Letterally they have a whole class on hold!!
im on committee hold... i really dont appreciate them waiting so long to decide. I mean I really hope they do make up the decision about me after February! lol can't wait. i need to know!!! to see if i should apply to other jobs n my company that i work for...
I am also waiting on western... just pacific and western is driving me nuts! no definite answer until February... worst feeling ever to not know where I am =[ I feel like giving up
I am also waiting on western... just pacific and western is driving me nuts! no definite answer until February... worst feeling ever to not know where I am =[ I feel like giving up
I have an interview on 25th of Feb and I was wondering how the interview will be like.
I had two interviews so far and they were both casual and not too serious? They were more about getting to know me.
What type of questions did they ask?
I would like hear some feedback from current Pacific student about school and IPPE.
I had two interviews so far and they were both casual and not too serious? They were more about getting to know me.
What type of questions did they ask?
I would like hear some feedback from current Pacific student about school and IPPE.
im on committee hold... i really dont appreciate them waiting so long to decide. I mean I really hope they do make up the decision about me after February! lol can't wait. i need to know!!! to see if i should apply to other jobs n my company that i work for...
I am also waiting on western... just pacific and western is driving me nuts! no definite answer until February... worst feeling ever to not know where I am =[ I feel like giving up
Ah western, a friend got his interview already so u might get one soon too. I know it takes forever!!
I have an interview on 25th of Feb and I was wondering how the interview will be like.
I had two interviews so far and they were both casual and not too serious? They were more about getting to know me.
What type of questions did they ask?
I would like hear some feedback from current Pacific student about school and IPPE.
U get your picture taken, get fitted for the white coat, listen to the dean & faculty talk about the school, and then lunch. Afterwards, you go to your selective group to do the student panel information session, group activity, and interview. The group you are placed in determines the order in which you will do these 3 parts. The interview itself is 2 on 1. for me it was one faculty member and a current practicing pharmacist who also happened to be an alumni of Pacific.Overall, it was pretty laid back. They really tried to make you feel comfortable and put you at ease, because they really want you to be able to convey who you are. I was a little nervous going in, it was ok. Generic questions, yaknow why rx &why pacific that stuff. Mine was also closed file so it was kinda werid. Although one of my interviewers was quite stern and yeah totally killed it for me. I had one of the last sessions of the day and was completely exhausted so that couldave affected my performance. Lots of follow questions too so be ready and u get food. Really a long day just remember to talk to people and be social don't be shy. Essay was easy and so was the group activity. GL!
Ah western, a friend got his interview already so u might get one soon too. I know it takes forever!!
I also got that interview this past week... 01/28/12 just waiting on the decision! lol
Another perspective from a current PU student,Clever. You're trying to thin out the waitlist by scaring everyone off. 😀
This is a response to the post by PU Pharm Stdnt. Pacific was my first choice school and I am happy to have gotten into it. I have found the instruction here to be on the forefront of pharmacy education today. The school blends quality teaching (my opinion) with actual pharmacy experience, starting the first 2 weeks of the program. My fellow students are a diverse group of intelligent, socially skilled individuals. The faculty is diverse and cares about each student. No students have fallen behind in my class. I have not seen nor heard of any racism whatsoever. I am thrilled to be obtaining my Pharm. D at Pacific University.
I also got that interview this past week... 01/28/12 just waiting on the decision! lol
The wait is unbearable, bc it's like u can't do anything but ponder, sigh , and hope!! It takes o long!

The wait is unbearable, bc it's like u can't do anything but ponder, sigh , and hope!! It takes o long!![]()
Don't worry. If its meant to be, you will get it. You don't have any other choice?
Don't worry. If its meant to be, you will get it. You don't have any other choice?
I do but this one is taking the longest and I really like the school too. I hope I can have options to choose and not resort to going wherever because I have to.
So after all my drama with this school with my lost application, they have now invited me to the Feb 25 interview. I'm wondering from anyone who has interviewed in the past, does it go until 3pm? How far is it from the school to the airport? I'm having trouble finding a flight out after the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So after all my drama with this school with my lost application, they have now invited me to the Feb 25 interview. I'm wondering from anyone who has interviewed in the past, does it go until 3pm? How far is it from the school to the airport? I'm having trouble finding a flight out after the interview.
The entire interview process will go all the way until 3. The actual interview may be done before (lasts anywhere from 20-30 minutes usually), but other activities (school tour, group activities, etc.) are scheduled so that the entire process lasts until 3. There will be a meal. The school is about 20 miles from portland international (PDX).
I just got into a school way closer to where I live, and I am going to turn down my interview on Feb. 25. Hope this give enough time offer my spot to someone else. Good luck everyone, and remember to stay positive!
The entire interview process will go all the way until 3. The actual interview may be done before (lasts anywhere from 20-30 minutes usually), but other activities (school tour, group activities, etc.) are scheduled so that the entire process lasts until 3. There will be a meal. The school is about 20 miles from portland international (PDX).
I agree with all what you said except the last part. The school is about 30-40 minute drive from the airport, and if you hit traffic it will be more! Also, you can take the max light rail to the airport .. ~ 1:30 hrs
I agree with all what you said except the last part. The school is about 30-40 minute drive from the airport, and if you hit traffic it will be more! Also, you can take the max light rail to the airport .. ~ 1:30 hrs
That's odd, I wasn't aware that miles was now a measurement of time.
That's odd, I wasn't aware that miles was now a measurement of time.
Funny?
The entire interview process will go all the way until 3. The actual interview may be done before (lasts anywhere from 20-30 minutes usually), but other activities (school tour, group activities, etc.) are scheduled so that the entire process lasts until 3. There will be a meal. The school is about 20 miles from portland international (PDX).
Thanks for the info Cataly5t, I guess I have to take the midnight flight out 😱 These travel arrangements have gotten really complicated for some reason!
If you could, try to get tehre Friday morning so you can explore Portland for a day! The place is beautiful! I would also have to say my interview and everything ended at 2:30 you may be able to leave 30 minutes but not if you are in the group that is scheduled for interview at 2 or 2:30! The interview day was fun! Don't worry too much! Good luck!
And yes, the driving time is slower, especially if you are a Californian like me, you will find the speed limits appalling =]
And yes, the driving time is slower, especially if you are a Californian like me, you will find the speed limits appalling =]
Thanks for the info Cataly5t, I guess I have to take the midnight flight out 😱 These travel arrangements have gotten really complicated for some reason!
I left Friday morning and walked around a bit, take the train! It's fun! Practiced then full day of interview and I left Sunday morning. It's gonna be a long, but interesting day/weekend hang out with the ppl u meet if u can to explore together.
.
Last edited:
I've interviewed at a couple of other schools but they haven't done any group activities, it's been straight writing samples and interview panels. For those of you that may know, what are the group things like?
I've interviewed at a couple of other schools but they haven't done any group activities, it's been straight writing samples and interview panels. For those of you that may know, what are the group things like?
The group activity is really simple. You're just working with like 3 other people to come up with a solution to a situation. It's really nothing to worry about. Good luck! 🙂
Hi everyone,
I am fairly new to SDN, but I just got pulled from the interview waitlist and received an invitation for the February 25th interview date. If anyone could give me an idea of what to expect (or just guide me where to look) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
I am fairly new to SDN, but I just got pulled from the interview waitlist and received an invitation for the February 25th interview date. If anyone could give me an idea of what to expect (or just guide me where to look) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Hi,Hi everyone,
I am fairly new to SDN, but I just got pulled from the interview waitlist and received an invitation for the February 25th interview date. If anyone could give me an idea of what to expect (or just guide me where to look) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
I'm still in interview waitlist. 🙁 . Can you tell me when you applied to PU? I applied in the late Dec. I want to see If I'm close to be interview or not...🙁(
Good Luck with interview! 🙂
Hi everyone,
I am fairly new to SDN, but I just got pulled from the interview waitlist and received an invitation for the February 25th interview date. If anyone could give me an idea of what to expect (or just guide me where to look) it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
U get your picture taken, get fitted for the white coat, listen to the dean & faculty talk about the school, and then lunch. Afterwards, you go to your selective group to do the student panel information session, group activity, and interview. The group you are placed in determines the order in which you will do these 3 parts. The interview itself is 2 on 1. for me it was one faculty member and a current practicing pharmacist who also happened to be an alumni of Pacific.Overall, it was pretty laid back. They really tried to make you feel comfortable and put you at ease, because they really want you to be able to convey who you are. I was a little nervous going in, it was ok.
Generic questions, yaknow why rx &why pacific that stuff. Mine was also closed file so it was kinda werid. Although one of my interviewers was quite stern and yeah totally killed it for me. I had one of the last sessions of the day and was completely exhausted so that couldave affected my performance. Lots of follow up questions too so be ready and u get food.
Really a long day just remember to talk to people and be social don't be shy. Essay was easy and so was the group activity. GL! 👍
Hi,
I'm still in interview waitlist. 🙁 . Can you tell me when you applied to PU? I applied in the late Dec. I want to see If I'm close to be interview or not...🙁(
Good Luck with interview! 🙂
I submitted my pharmcas application on Nov. 1 and my supplemental was submitted Nov. 23rd. Pharmcas was really slow getting my application forwarded I think they finally got it around Dec. 27th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
U get your picture taken, get fitted for the white coat, listen to the dean & faculty talk about the school, and then lunch. Afterwards, you go to your selective group to do the student panel information session, group activity, and interview. The group you are placed in determines the order in which you will do these 3 parts. The interview itself is 2 on 1. for me it was one faculty member and a current practicing pharmacist who also happened to be an alumni of Pacific.Overall, it was pretty laid back. They really tried to make you feel comfortable and put you at ease, because they really want you to be able to convey who you are. I was a little nervous going in, it was ok.
Generic questions, yaknow why rx &why pacific that stuff. Mine was also closed file so it was kinda werid. Although one of my interviewers was quite stern and yeah totally killed it for me. I had one of the last sessions of the day and was completely exhausted so that couldave affected my performance. Lots of follow up questions too so be ready and u get food.
Really a long day just remember to talk to people and be social don't be shy. Essay was easy and so was the group activity. GL! 👍
Thanks for the the information. Are you a current student or a recent interviewee?
I am still on the waitlist...omg...i rather they sent out a ranking to see whos is higher on the interview waitlist so i can lose hope earlier instead of checking email every single freaking day.
Thanks for the the information. Are you a current student or a recent interviewee?
I interviewed last month. Good luck!
The group activity is really simple. You're just working with like 3 other people to come up with a solution to a situation. It's really nothing to worry about. Good luck! 🙂
Thanks sanyu. I was worried it was something big like a crazy puzzle that worked your brain like crazy and they were watching and judging you based on who was the smartest, who took control, etc lol. I think I've seen too much realty TV
I submitted my pharmCAS back in Sept but was slower doing the supplemental.. I think I submitted it right after Veteran's day in November, probably the 12th. Received my interview invitation on Jan 20. I was really hoping for an earlier interview but no such luck. It's really nerve-wracking to be in the last spot
I submitted my pharmCAS back in Sept but was slower doing the supplemental.. I think I submitted it right after Veteran's day in November, probably the 12th. Received my interview invitation on Jan 20. I was really hoping for an earlier interview but no such luck. It's really nerve-wracking to be in the last spot
I wouldn't worry too much about being in the last interview spot (I'm in it too). A lot can happen between the interview and the time that classes start. Even if you get waitlisted you still have a chance of getting in. People who have applied here (even those who have been accepted) have likely applied to other schools as well and may choose to go there if they get accepted. just spoke to a pharmacist I know who graduated from Pacific University, I guess there was one guy in his class who didn't hear anything until 2 days before classes started so he got in. Guess he flew all the way from New York. Just saying, you never know how things will pan out!
Thanks sanyu. I was worried it was something big like a crazy puzzle that worked your brain like crazy and they were watching and judging you based on who was the smartest, who took control, etc lol. I think I've seen too much realty TV
Hahaha no problem! I was wondering that too at first, but the student ambassadors overlooking us were very chill and it was a very relaxed environment. 🙂
You have got to be kidding me. I have been researching schools for my pre-pharm club for the last 3 years, so I have talked to around 30 counselors. Kieran Bennett is incredibly responsive and the best counselor I have worked with. I know 42 students in pharmacy schools right now and 14 of them are at Pacific. They have nothing but great things to say about Pacific and Kieran. Sometimes you need to look in the mirror and get off your high horse. If you are good you will be successful, if you are not that qualified, probably not. Stop blaming others!I did, but it was a rejection letter. My rejection letter was "checked" stating to handle my application with more care. I tripled check every page of my pharmcas app and supplemental app before I sent it out. Recently, I have changed my address and I have informed the girl who is in charged of notifying people about applications and guess what...She sent it to my old address! She even acknowledge me that she will use the new address if anything. The girl who handles these things is Kieren Bennett. IMHO, she does not know what she is doing.
When I had an Pacific University Oregon interview last year, she made me look like an idiot when I asked a question in front of all the interviewees and yes I was laughed at...If I were you, keep calling and e-mailing until you are satisfied.
I will not apply to this school again if Kieren is still working there. You know what, I not going to apply to this school anymore due to its lack of professionalism. It's hard to make a first impression the third time. These applications are peoples' lives and futures and the school treats them like advertisements in the mail. Good luck to everybody who is waiting and applying and for the love of God do not get screwed by anybody processing your application. Don't worry about me, I'm happy somewhere else. I had it with this school.
Sooo.... i was among the several candidates accepted from the first interview date! i love the beauty of oregon, and pacific looks like a great program. however, i just got accepted to my #1 choice and 22k tuition per year sounds pretty darn nice... so i will be withdrawing my acceptance, i'll luck out on 1k deposit but i think it's okay! Good Luck to all those waiting! 😉
Last edited:
I wouldn't worry too much about being in the last interview spot (I'm in it too). A lot can happen between the interview and the time that classes start. Even if you get waitlisted you still have a chance of getting in. People who have applied here (even those who have been accepted) have likely applied to other schools as well and may choose to go there if they get accepted. just spoke to a pharmacist I know who graduated from Pacific University, I guess there was one guy in his class who didn't hear anything until 2 days before classes started so he got in. Guess he flew all the way from New York. Just saying, you never know how things will pan out!
yea I've heard horror stories like that. The only way I would ever do that is if didn't get accepted anywhere and that was my only choice. so stressful. Could you imagine moving clear across the country and starting pharmacy school in TWO days!?
3
358265
That is awesome! I am still interview waitlisted for that day. *sigh* I hope I can still get a spot before then.
For those of us have an interview on 25th this Saturday, are our chances lower for admissions since we're in the 3rd tier?
We are not in the 3rd tier! Tiers will be assigned after the last round for interviews and it's only for the wait list, so if you are put on the wait list ,AFTER your interview, they'll let you know your tier, and if you are in tier 3 then yes you'll have almost a zero chance. I was in that tier last year.
great!! still waitlisted...Hope to get invitation too!!! Finger crossed!Wow! Just got an invite for an interview for the 25th!! Only problem is that it's a day after my Northstate interview! I am freaking out!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i am wodering, are there people who already have been placed on waitlist from any of the three interviews from pacific university oregon? I thought everyone is on hold untill the last interview to be placed on waitlist?
We are not in the 3rd tier! Tiers will be assigned after the last round for interviews and it's only for the wait list, so if you are put on the wait list ,AFTER your interview, they'll let you know your tier, and if you are in tier 3 then yes you'll have almost a zero chance. I was in that tier last year.
We are not in the 3rd tier! Tiers will be assigned after the last round for interviews and it's only for the wait list, so if you are put on the wait list ,AFTER your interview, they'll let you know your tier, and if you are in tier 3 then yes you'll have almost a zero chance. I was in that tier last year.
Okay, thank you for clearing that up for me.
i am wodering, are there people who already have been placed on waitlist from any of the three interviews from pacific university oregon? I thought everyone is on hold untill the last interview to be placed on waitlist?
Last year there was only one interview day after the one I was in, they place me on committee hold until the finished that last day of interviews and few days later they sent the final decision with the wait list rank or acceptance
Last year there was only one interview day after the one I was in, they place me on committee hold until the finished that last day of interviews and few days later they sent the final decision with the wait list rank or acceptance
oh no! that's gonna be me!!! ahh!! but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!

oh no! that's gonna be me!!! ahh!! but I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!![]()
Waiting for committee hold status to change...I hope to hear good news
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Poll
- Replies
- 6
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K