Party in New Orleans next week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

K271

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anybody was gonna be at Tulane next friday/had any plans while there... it'd be a shame to waste a couple nights in New Orleans! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I will be there!!
Let's hit bourbon street after interviews

Anyone else have an interview on Thursday @ Tulane? It's my first one ever, and I'm really scared! It's nice to know that SDNers will be in the area.

Members don't see this ad :)
How about Wednesday, 11/14?
serpiente, don't be scared! I don't know how Tulane's interviews are (haven't gone to interviewfeedback.com yet) but of the interviews I have gone on so far, they have all been so laid back. My first one was at my top choice school and talk about nervous...I was just happy to get an interview because I didn't even think I had a chance! But I quickly learned that most of these interviews are laid back and the questions (at least most of them) are pretty straightforward. These are the schools that just want to meet you in person and make sure you aren't some wierdo. Good luck on Thursday!
dlc :p

Hey simpleton - sounds great! I'm sure we'll all be happy to unwind after the interviews... now, how to get in touch?? It seems like they're interviewing all week... I'll be there thursday afternoon through saturday morning if anyone else wants to meet up/hang out. I'm hoping some of the med students there might come out with us as well! Where in the country are you all coming from?

K271: check your private messages. You can prive msg me back.

You guys will have a blast! Most people I know who interview here don't stay for the weekend...

Canal St??? I don't know why you'd want to hang out there unless you're looking to get mugged or pick up some greasy food or watch a movie at the Joy.

Tell you what, if you're interested in where to go or what to do, just ask any of the students. The T1s just finished blocks last Friday, so we're still chilling, and T2s finish tomorrow, so they'll be chilling. Thursdays there is all kinds of stuff to do, but save Bourbon St. for Friday, and just make fools out of yourselves.

It is the easiest, most laid back interview ever. The most important thing is to interact with us - we're recruiting you, so you'd better pick our brains for any questions you might have. Ask anything, it's your time to figure out if you would enjoy it here.

And eat at least one meal at a decent cajun/creole restaurant... you can get good eats for $25 (I know, it's a lot for a student budget, but you might only be here this one time...)

Have a good time, and if you have any questions, just holla: [email protected]

Simul
Tulane Med '05