You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
MD2BeHopefully13
New Member
i just wanna KNOW
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futureblackmed
Full Member
congrats to those accepted! my email said my status was not changed. i’m blessed to have acceptance somewhere else but i wish they would just give us a decision
Also no status change email herecongrats to those accepted! my email said my status was not changed. i’m blessed to have acceptance somewhere else but i wish they would just give us a decision
NFA again today
noMoreGapYears
Full Member
No status change 😢
No status change here also
No status change. Really frustrating since I've reapplied 3 times and have had many improvements (including improvements recommended by the committee) 🙁
Have an A somewhere else, but this is dream school due to the MD/MPH program and location (home).
Have an A somewhere else, but this is dream school due to the MD/MPH program and location (home).
applicant1212
New Member
A this morn!!! got NFA in november
For the recent As congratulations! And stats?
508, uGPA: 3.5, MPH: 3.9, super non-trad with lots of EC hours.For the recent As congratulations! And stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctordoctor1
New Member
Does anyone know what the Facebook group is called once accepted?
I believe its "LSUHSC SOM - Class of 2027"; there are a couple other ones floating around on Facebook but this looks like the most correct one or at least the one I've been tracking to see where the count is this cycle
Thank you! I'm a reapplicant, in-state, 510 MCAT, 3.73 GPA, lots of EC, leadership, shadowing, clinical experience.For the recent As congratulations! And stats?
applicant1212
New Member
do yall know if theres a groupme?
bananabread7
New Member
A yesterday and was NFA in December!
futureMD_2027
New Member
A on Monday and was NFA on 1/30. First time applicant, in-state, MCAT: 505, uGPA: 3.9, clinical experience, URM.
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
II today!!!
what does NFA mean? Where you waitlisted?A on Monday and was NFA on 1/30. First time applicant, in-state, MCAT: 505, uGPA: 3.9, clinical experience, URM.
NFA stands for "No Final Action" so it is not an acceptance or a rejection, it just means they are holding on to you as an applicant and will discuss your file again at a later committee meeting.what does NFA mean? Where you waitlisted?
Does anyone know if there is another NFA meeting?
Does anyone know if there is another NFA meeting?
I have heard there may be one at the end of March but there will definitely be one the first week in May(last one)
I did prior to my interview updating my grades from the fall semesterFor those NFA'd, did you send an update letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nerddiebird01
New Member
I did with grades for the fall semester and a couple of new things i was doing and that I was doing a thesis!For those NFA'd, did you send an update letter?
I did hear about financial aid/scholarships but now have more questions...When do we start to hear more about scholarships and financial aid after being accepted? (gotten one email about the rural scholar)
Anyone else here trying to fill out the scholarship application? 😵😵
“Unfortunately, it is not possible for us to consider every candidate for admission even though many have impressive credentials. Therefore, we will not be able to consider your application for admission into our medical school”
Wording from my rejection letter. Did LSU even look at my secondary or is it just poorly worded? I’m confused.
Wording from my rejection letter. Did LSU even look at my secondary or is it just poorly worded? I’m confused.
Last edited:
So I attended the MD/MPH studnet panel and at the beginning they said something like, "I'm sure you all are making final decisions between LSU New Orleans and othe schools, and hope you choose us"
Still on the WL and they are the only school I want to go to. Feels bad man.
Still on the WL and they are the only school I want to go to. Feels bad man.
I feel ya, im not even on the WL. I got NFA'd in February and haven't heard anything since 🙁So I attended the MD/MPH studnet panel and at the beginning they said something like, "I'm sure you all are making final decisions between LSU New Orleans and othe schools, and hope you choose us"
Still on the WL and they are the only school I want to go to. Feels bad man.
I feel ya, im not even on the WL. I got NFA'd in February and haven't heard anything since 🙁
I know they have a meeting the last day in March but not sure if it’s just people that just interviewed or everyone. The last one is beginning of May so we may have to unfortunately wait a while
NFA is their WL technically. I'm on it.I feel ya, im not even on the WL. I got NFA'd in February and haven't heard anything since 🙁
NFA is their WL technically. I'm on it.
gotcha, the whole nfa/waitlist situation at lsu is just a little confusing sometimesNFA is their WL technically. I'm on it.
uravgapplicanf
Full Member
For accepted students, do we think we'll start receiving our financial aid letters within the next week? I remember seeing somewhere that it would come out late March.
It's not really a waitlist, it's more like a post-II hold.
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Sooo, I called financial aid and they told me not to expect it for several months. I was absolutely flabbergasted by this. I even (politely) inquired as to how students with more and 1 A were supposed to solidify their decision without a financial aid package. They didn't give me any info. Going to call back early April!For accepted students, do we think we'll start receiving our financial aid letters within the next week? I remember seeing somewhere that it would come out late March.
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
OH maybe you're referring to scholarships - admissions said we'd be notified by postal mail in late march if we are awarded a scholarship!Sooo, I called financial aid and they told me not to expect it for several months. I was absolutely flabbergasted by this. I even (politely) inquired as to how students with more and 1 A were supposed to solidify their decision without a financial aid package. They didn't give me any info. Going to call back early April!
does anyone know if the meeting at the end of this month is for NFA people or for the most recent interviewees? just impatiently waiting to hear anything back 🙃
I know they are definitely meeting about interviewees, not sure about NFA. They have held a lot of interviews throughout march that they haven’t met about yet.does anyone know if the meeting at the end of this month is for NFA people or for the most recent interviewees? just impatiently waiting to hear anything back 🙃
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They are meeting tomorrow, correct? I had written down March 30th during my interview, but just wanted to confirm.
I think so. Does anyone know how many days after they meet they actually send out the emails?They are meeting tomorrow, correct? I had written down March 30th during my interview, but just wanted to confirm.
I think they said they interview between 400-500 and accept around 200. I could be wrong.Anyone know how many people lsu NOLA interviews vs how many they accept?