You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
aspiringdoc990
New Member
Does anyone know when decisions from October interviews come out?
juststruggling
New Member
I was hoping yesterday but haven’t gotten anything yet. They met on FridayDoes anyone know when decisions from October interviews come out?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm pretty sure they mention that they would get back to us within 2 weeks of the meeting , so at least another week of wondering....I was hoping yesterday but haven’t gotten anything yet. They met on Friday
noMoreGapYears
Full Member
+1 same here 🥹No final action email 😢
EMWannaBeDoc22
Full Member
A by email!!!! IS Non-trad!
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
YESSS! Congrats from a fellow non-trad! Its never too late 🙂A by email!!!! IS Non-trad!
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
Pretty sure I got LSU's within a couple days. It was the first one I received!How fast did y’all receive the invitation to submit secondaries after getting verified?
ericandrevoiceLETMEIN
Full Member
I ended up getting it yesterday morning 🙂Pretty sure I got LSU's within a couple days. It was the first one I received!
I don’t know that this counts for LSU but the rule of thumb is the thanksgiving rule, meaning if you don’t receive a II by thanksgiving you have a much lower chance of getting one after that point. They tell you to prep for another app cycle after then - but I personally know lots of people who got them after that point I think it’s just generally that is the trend at all schools.Is it possible they’re slowing down to review several weeks worth of apps at once before sending out a wave of II’s? Or do you guys think they’re basically done sending invites? Or is this thread just not representative lately? Sorry for the spam I’m gonna stop after this 🙂
For Nov interviews, does anyone remember when the committee meeting was? Was it last Friday or tomorrow? Thought we might get emails today
merrymed
New Member
Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group yet for accepted applicants? I know there has been one for past classes including last years.
Yeah I’m pretty sure there is one!
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
If there is, I'd love to know how to access as well!Yeah I’m pretty sure there is one!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
merrymed
New Member
If there is, I'd love to know how to access as well!
You can just search up LSU New Orleans Medical School Class of 2027 Accepted MD! I’m not sure if there’s a GroupMe yet though.
For Nov interviews, does anyone remember when the committee meeting was? Was it last Friday or tomorrow? Thought we might get emails today
They are meeting today. I just interviewed this week and that’s what they said
Most of the NFAs will get, if accepted, notified in February which is when they meet again to discuss NFA applicants, so make sure to update with anything important if you have something to add!for the ppl thar got put on NFA (me) do they continue to look at those apps when the adcoms meet? edit: is there a timeline when NFAs can expect to hear an answer? thanks everyone!
thank you!Most of the NFAs will get, if accepted, notified in February which is when they meet again to discuss NFA applicants, so make sure to update with anything important if you have something to add!
Ok so Nov interviews will prob hear back Monday or Tuesday huh? I went back previous years and it looks like that is the trend since they have started doing email and not physical mail for As.They are meeting today. I just interviewed this week and that’s what they said
Ok so Nov interviews will prob hear back Monday or Tuesday huh? I went back previous years and it looks like that is the trend since they have started doing email and not physical mail for As.
Yeah they said we will hear back hopefully before thanksgiving but they did say it could be a few days after the holiday
I doubt that. They usually interview throughout the spring, unless they changed that this year.Soo they are obviously done sending invites I guess. I don’t know anyone who’s gotten one in the last month or more, which is what this thread shows.
Ah I didn’t know that. I did skim the last couple years threads but I couldve missed something on them. Or maybe this site just isn’t representative for lsu nola. Hoping you’re right!I doubt that. They usually interview throughout the spring, unless they changed that this year.
Hi! I am a repeat and was invited to interview in January the first time I applied, so could still happen!Soo they are obviously done sending invites I guess. I don’t know anyone who’s gotten one in the last month or more, which is what this thread shows.
NFA notice today via email - interviewed 11/7. Bummed but also still hopeful!
Got no final action 🙁
any As today??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NFA today also, interviewed early November
A just now. Whew!
Congrats!!!! When did you interview?A just now. Whew!
Thank you!!! November 2nd!Congrats!!!! When did you interview?
Is there an accepted students groupme yet? If not I'll make one
I know there’s a Facebook group but I do not know if a GroupMe yetIs there an accepted students groupme yet? If not I'll make one
II 5 minutes ago. IS complete 7/18😳
Same! complete mid September roughly.II 5 minutes ago. IS complete 7/18😳
uravgapplicanf
Full Member
Does anyone know where I could find LSU's match list?
Hey everyone I made a groupme for accepted students to talk about upcoming events like campus tours, Camp Tiger in the Spring etc. Feel free to join and we can all get to know faces and names before matriculation. Also, good luck to those still waiting to hear back!! I'm excited to meet you all!
The link: GroupMe
The link: GroupMe
they doDoes anyone know if this school sends pre-II rejection emails?
rarely do they send Rs right after interviews. they most send no further action emails and Rs go out around May. Up until that point they have people on the admissions committee who act as your advocate to get you in. majority of acceptances are sent out in Spring.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
During the interview they said the committee is meeting this week. I don't recall if they said a specific day.Any “insiders” know when the next committee meeting is?
FinanceGal
Full Member
Does anyone know if they accept update letters?
FutureOldDoc
Full Member
They do! You just email it to [email protected] -- I sent one a few days after my interview to make sure they my additional experiences on file and I was accepted a couple weeks later!Does anyone know if they accept update letters?