2022-2023 LSU - New Orleans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thought they were meeting the 31st

I interviewed on 3/28 and my first interviewer said “Friday” so I’m assuming the 31st too

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed in march and am pretty sure they said the 31st as well. Id assume its to discuss the people that interviewed in march and not nfa people. Hoping to get an email Monday

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Nah, during my interview on the 7th they Said we won’t get anything until the week after the 31st

Does anyone know when the next NFA meeting is or when NFA'd people will hear back? Also, when is the last interview date?

Does anyone know when the next NFA meeting is or when NFA'd people will hear back? Also, when is the last interview date?
Dont know last NFA date. Last interview date happened in march

looking at some previous years thread, the last nfa meeting is sometime at the end of April or beginning on may - not completely certain of this years exact date

Reactions: 1 user
For those who were accepted, was it by snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year, there were interviews held in April, so hopefully the big NFA meeting will be sooner than it was last year (considering the last interviews were held in March)

I think they purposely do it the first week of May because a lot of spots open up after the April 30th decision deadline, so they know how many people they can accept

e-mail from the SOM and handwritten letter from interviewer.
You got a hand written letter? lol
1680561749671.png

• Haha
Ok so I guess they did not send any acceptances out to people who were previously NFA, just people who interviewed in the last round of interviews for the cycle

Ok so I guess they did not send any acceptances out to people who were previously NFA, just people who interviewed in the last round of interviews for the cycle

Yeah this is correct. We won’t find out anything until the beginning of May

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know what day in may they meet?

Not an easy decision. I will withdraw my acceptance here this week. I enjoyed my interview and believe this is a great school. I suspect there will be some NFA movement but only a few.

• Care
Hey y'all! Do you know if LSU NOLA publishes a match list? I can't seem to find it online anywhere.

Hey y'all! Do you know if LSU NOLA publishes a match list? I can't seem to find it online anywhere.
I remember being told specific match information will be sent directly to enrolled students, but I think there is pooled match data available online

Email just sent out:
We will meet with our full committee next week for our Final Admissions Meeting. At this meeting we will accept, make our waitlist and reject. We will be sending out decisions letters no later May 12th. If no longer wish to be considered for Admissions please let us know by responding to this email. If you wish to remain in No Final Action there is no action needed on your part at this time

Reactions: 5 users
Email just sent out:
We will meet with our full committee next week for our Final Admissions Meeting. At this meeting we will accept, make our waitlist and reject. We will be sending out decisions letters no later May 12th. If no longer wish to be considered for Admissions please let us know by responding to this email. If you wish to remain in No Final Action there is no action needed on your part at this time
Same. Hopefully this means some people will move off the Alternative List

anyone know what day they're meeting this week? I know all decisions will be sent by the 12th but kinda going crazy from waiting

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

anyone know what day they're meeting this week? I know all decisions will be sent by the 12th but kinda going crazy from waiting

I am not 100% sure about the admissions committee schedule, but I currently work there as a research tech and most committee meetings are held on Thursdays. Based on what I've heard about the time letters are sent out compared when meetings may be held, I think Monday would be when most people start hearing back. I'm not 100% sure, and I was also NFA'd so I'm going crazy with you rn

• Care

Based on previous forums it looks like they will probably meet Thursday and start calling people Friday. A phone call will mean an acceptance while a letter would mean rejection/alternative waitlist

• Care
Based on previous forums it looks like they will probably meet Thursday and start calling people Friday. A phone call will mean an acceptance while a letter would mean rejection/alternative waitlist
Here is hoping !!!

thanks for the info y'all - sending out positive vibes for tomorrow and good luck to all the nfa's out there!

Reactions: 2 users
A by phone call. Thanks for everything yall!

• Love
Does anyone know how many people are usually on prioritized alternate list, and how many of these people actually got accepted?

Does anyone know how many people are usually on prioritized alternate list, and how many of these people actually got accepted?
Same, I recieved the WL email today. Unsure how many people are on the list but I saw on AMCAS that LSU-Shreveport typically has 100 on their list and accepts close to 40. There was no statistic like that posted for LSU-Nola

womp womp...R today

• Care
Same, I recieved the WL email today. Unsure how many people are on the list but I saw on AMCAS that LSU-Shreveport typically has 100 on their list and accepts close to 40. There was no statistic like that posted for LSU-Nola
Gave up my spot for LSU Shreveport, hopefully it goes to someone eager!

• Care
received an A by phone call today as well! i don’t plan on accepting since i’ve committed somewhere else so i hope one of yall get the spot!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users